College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

6 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Sports fans can rationalize anything. Tyreek hasn't chit a baby this week. He has changed.

I don't think the benchmark for "change" should be not attacking pregnant woman or injuring children for a few years.

Tyreek Hill is a terrible person. Anyone that could put hands on a pregnant woman is scum. The "he was a young kid" excuse is ridiculous. He knew better, obviously. And that's not even mentioning what happened with his son.

Where we are currently as an organization/locker room (Even bringing in a guy like Anthony Walker)I think bringing in a guy like Parsons (if the character concerns are even real) could be a great situation. Bring him in and put him around high intelligent, high character guys could do wonders for him along with getting a dynamic player. 

Can we imagine moving up to get our stud Corner/End then having this guy fall to 26? That is such a dream scenario

17 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Really hope Fields ends up in San Francisco.

Yeah, please don't let the NYJ get him. They'll ruin him. They're about the only organization that I can think of that does worse with Quarterbacks than we do/did pre-Baker. 

• Like 2

I would love to draft any of the Ohio state players except for Tuf. I was a little surprised by Werners testing numbers, didn’t think he would test that well. Werner and Browning would both be additions to the browns team

Edited by buno67

2 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

Yes. Yes they would be.

Neither are fits for our roster. Maybe Browning, but I hate his inconsistency. He's not in my top 10 OLB's.

Browning is likely going to be asked to either play MIKE or a Sam/EDGE blitzing hybrid.

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I would love to draft any of the Ohio state players except for Tuf. I was a little surprised by Werners testing numbers, didn’t think he would test that well. Werner and Browning would both be additions to the browns team

I wouldn't draft a single OSU player in the 1st except for Fields, but aside from him:

*Wyatt Davis is a stud as an interior OG, even in a ZBS. He'll likely go R2.

*Browning will go R2 based off of physical traits alone, and we could do worse if he's there late R2

*Toglia, Werner, and Wade are all likely 3rd Round prospects, and I'd take all of those guys. Ward as purely a nickel/FS type.

*Sermon is likely an early D3 pick, and I think he's going to be a darkhorse success story in the NFL as a featured RB at some point. If not, he's going to have value as a guy out of the backfield and capable #2.

Tuf Borland is going to be a great coach. He's not an NFL player. He is the worst 3 year starter in the history of OSU, but he's so unbelievably smart they had no alternative but to play him.

Just now, MWil23 said:

Browning is likely going to be asked to either play MIKE or a Sam/EDGE blitzing hybrid.

I think he has the size to play WLB in our nickel package. We don't have traditional MIKES WILLS and SAMS.

Our MIKES will play over the right guard 90% of the time. Our WILLS will play over the left guard 80% of the time. Our SAMS will be hipped out of the box to the multiple receiver side of the formations. Basically a full-time nickelback. The SAM in our defense will be either a safety or a corner, unless we draft JOK, in which he doesn't ever have to leave that spot.

What most teams want out of their WILL linebackers is to hip out and scrape/chase. The WILL is usually clean in a 4-3. In a 4-2-5, the WILL is essentially the other MIKE linebacker.

We need two Mike's/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

*Browning will go R2 based off of physical traits alone, and we could do worse if he's there late R2

I would be furious if we took Browning in the 2nd.

*Toglia, Werner, and Wade are all likely 3rd Round prospects, and I'd take all of those guys. Ward as purely a nickel/FS type.

Togiai is the guy I want. He's awesome against the run and has some pass rush potential.
Werner is good, but I don't see how he fits. He profiles as a SAM, which we don't really use traditionally.
I don't like Wade at all. Way too much bad tape. Maybe on day 3.

*Sermon is likely an early D3 pick, and I think he's going to be a darkhorse success story in the NFL as a featured RB at some point. If not, he's going to have value as a guy out of the backfield and capable #2.

I like Sermon, even though he doesn't have any spectacular traits. I don't want him on our team because I think he's gonna go much earlier than we believe. Well-rounded, but wouldn't really offer us something we don't already have in the backfield.

Tuf Borland is going to be a great coach. He's not an NFL player. He is the worst 3 year starter in the history of OSU, but he's so unbelievably smart they had no alternative but to play him.

Plus he's Tuf. But yeah, he won't be drafted. I love him as a player, but he has no business trying to chase down NFL athletes.

4 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

I think he has the size to play WLB in our nickel package. We don't have traditional MIKES WILLS and SAMS.

Our MIKES will play over the right guard 90% of the time. Our WILLS will play over the left guard 80% of the time. Our SAMS will be hipped out of the box to the multiple receiver side of the formations. Basically a full-time nickelback. The SAM in our defense will be either a safety or a corner, unless we draft JOK, in which he doesn't ever have to leave that spot.

What most teams want out of their WILL linebackers is to hip out and scrape/chase. The WILL is usually clean in a 4-3. In a 4-2-5, the WILL is essentially the other MIKE linebacker.

We need two Mike's/

Well said! That's why IMO Harrison is going to basically be our "SAM" and in our Nickel package it will be Hill. Against 11/12 personnel, Takitaki will likely be the SAM.

I'd take Collins/JOK if a quality EDGE/CB isn't there. I'd also be great taking a game changing DT in the first and play him beside Richardson and with the other 2-3 quality players in the rotation too (Harris, Billings, maybe the kid from Missouri).

So, either Browning or Werner would fit the bill, and it's a similar scheme to what OSU does/did in their time there.

I would be furious if we took Browning in the 2nd.

You're preaching to the choir here in some regards. @MSURacerDT55 and I have had some great dialogue about him, so what I've said isn't hard to find.

Togiai is the guy I want. He's awesome against the run and has some pass rush potential.
Werner is good, but I don't see how he fits. He profiles as a SAM, which we don't really use traditionally.
I don't like Wade at all. Way too much bad tape. Maybe on day 3.

I love Toglai. Dude is fantastic. As for Ward, if it's late R3, I'd roll the dice on him, but I get why so many despise him with his bad 2020 tape. All of that bad tape is on the outside...and all the great tape is with him in the slot/push to FS. I think he's got a lot of Malcolm Jenkins in him. Ball hawk and box player who isn't athletic enough/too stiff to play as an outside CB.

I like Sermon, even though he doesn't have any spectacular traits. I don't want him on our team because I think he's gonna go much earlier than we believe. Well-rounded, but wouldn't really offer us something we don't already have in the backfield.

If he's there R4 or later, I'd be great with him. You re-sign Chubb and it's likely that you'll need a 3rd guy based upon wear/tear and injuries, plus perhaps an eventual replacement to Kareem. He's got great vision, good at catching the ball, and breaks arm tackles. 

Plus he's Tuf. But yeah, he won't be drafted. I love him as a player, but he has no business trying to chase down NFL athletes.

He didn't have any business chasing down B1G guys either.

• Like 2