College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

X: Tillman
Y: Njoku
Z: Moore
H/U: ???

I think this is what we're rolling ith next year.

2nd Round: Ja'Tavion Sanders TE Texas
3rd Round: Devontez Walker WR UNC

This would give us some matchup nightmares. A TE no S/LB can match in man & a WR with prototype traits. Walker has size, speed, and short area quicks. His route tree is a little bland, but the dude has some freaky qualities that we don't have in our WR room.

I would love to bring Cooper back, but it's not happening. He's making way too much money to be "solid."

20 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I would love to bring Cooper back, but it's not happening. He's making way too much money to be "solid."

I really think Cooper is more than solid and if we had consistent QB play I think it would be much more obvious.

It’s hard for any of these guys to develop chemistry with a QB when we’re having to replace the QB every couple games due to injury or complete ineffectiveness. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I really think Cooper is more than solid and if we had consistent QB play I think it would be much more obvious.

It’s hard for any of these guys to develop chemistry with a QB when we’re having to replace the QB every couple games due to injury or complete ineffectiveness. 

Thta's a great point. Even if he were a lock to go for 1,000 every year (which he kind of is), I still doubt we have the funds to finance a WR for that kind of cash. We have no choice but to have Watson throwing to scrubs. That's what his contract did to this team. I refuse to tear apart the other pieces of the roster (OL, defense, Chubb) to accommodate for Watson. Therefore, that money is going to be lost in the WR room. Watson needs to be THE passing game. If he can't be, then we are doomed.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

How are we gonna afford these guys? I feel like if Cooper is here, at least Delpit and Chubb are gone. 

Folks aren’t gonna wanna hear it but I think Chubb may be more likely than the other 2. 

I hope I’m wrong and he’s back and healthy and kicking arse, but he’s a RB who’s coming off 2 major knee injuries who’s set to turn 29 at the end of next season.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2023 at 4:05 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Folks aren’t gonna wanna hear it but I think Chubb may be more likely than the other 2. 

I hope I’m wrong and he’s back and healthy and kicking arse, but he’s a RB who’s coming off 2 major knee injuries who’s set to turn 29 at the end of next season.

That sounds very rational but I don’t think they have the stones to do that here in Cleveland, they gone roit if they do. 

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Round two WR

Round Three TE

Round Four RB

Respectfully disagree. 

LT is at the top of my board. 

I think Jed has played his last down at left tackle. He is tradable - only having a $14M contract for 2024. 

The only way I see Jed on this roster next year is if they flip flop tackles and put Dawand at LT.

NOT my ideal situation. I would prefer to draft a LT (Patrick Paul of Houston), end the James Hudson experiment and make Jed your swing tackle.