What movie are you watching?

Forge

I finally got around to watching Team America: World Police on 4K yesterday. A funny movie with a surprising amount of heart underneath all the raunchy humor-involving puppets no less. It offers some political satire that doesn’t discriminate who it mocks and a familiar voice that you’ll instantly recognize. Oh, and some el oh el moments. And a kickass theme song.

*sings* “America…. f**k yeah!”

Edited by KManX89
  • Like 1

traitor.jpg

Watched Traitor starring Don Cheadle back from 2008, and it was solid, but everything felt like less than the sum of its parts.  Had a terrific cast, did a solid job telling the story, but it never really grabbed you and sucked you into the narrative.  Not much fun, which makes sense given the subject matter, but it needed a few more moments of levity to balance the watch given the heavy subject matter.

B-

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

I finally got around to watching Team America: World Police on 4K yesterday. A funny movie with a surprising amount of heart underneath all the raunchy humor-involving puppets no less. It offers some political satire that doesn’t discriminate who it mocks and a familiar voice that you’ll instantly recognize. Oh, and some el oh el moments. And a kickass theme song.

*sings* “America…. f**k yeah!”

Ahhh Durka Durka 

21 hours ago, BeaReylo said:

Inside Out one and two.  I only saw them because I took my nephews to see the sequel and figured I should watch part one to know what was going on, in it, and came away liking both a lot.  So when someone initially goes in to a movie not wanting to see it and comes out saying he liked it you know it has to be good.

I actually liked Inside Out 2. Usually when I see kids movies w my kids I’m checking my phone to see when it’ll be over, but this movie was pretty good. 

• Like 1

EB20100127REVIEWS100129977AR.jpg

Edge of Darkness

I enjoyed this one quite a bit.  It had quick, concise but detailed storytelling, all the motivations are played out and given just enough time without lingering on them overly long, and I thought Gibson was terrific in the lead role.  A few issues, but they were minor and I was surprised by how much the movie drew me in.

B+

• Like 1

Evil Dead Rise is another great entry to the franchise the main lady in it is fantastic, it makes you feel chlostrophobic without being set in a cabin. Only negative I had with it was wish it had more character development, the carnage candy is excellent 4.25/5.

Edited by thebestever6