What movie are you watching?

Forge

72166872007-microsoft-teamsimage-24-1.pn

Watched Lift on Netflix, and while it was fun enough, I think they may have "borrowed" from every single heist movie ever made. They could have even just called it The Italian Job considering it even starts in Venice. Just one trope after another.  I enjoyed the characters though, and I thought Hart even did a good job in the leadership role.  Worth a watch, nothing new, turn your brain off and just enjoy it for what it is.  C

Edited by THE DUKE

role-play-2024-banner.jpg?w=1400&h=400&c

Was actually fairly impressed with Kaley Cuoco in Role Play as she did the part of the unlikely assassin well.  David Oyelowo had good chemistry with her, and the rest of the cast is nicely fleshed out.  A few underdeveloped parts of the story brings it down a bit, it's a movie that actually really could have used another 15-20 minutes of run time to flesh a few things out that are only alluded to in the movie.  Still enjoyable though, worth a watch.  B-

Edited by THE DUKE

the-commuter.jpg?fit=640,360&ssl=1

The Commuter is pretty much exactly what you think it will be once you see that it stars Liam Neeson, but that's not always a bad thing.  There are a few logical fallacies you have to just shrug off in order for the gimmick to work, but it was better than I expected.  C+

7 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

the-commuter.jpg?fit=640,360&ssl=1

The Commuter is pretty much exactly what you think it will be once you see that it stars Liam Neeson, but that's not always a bad thing.  There are a few logical fallacies you have to just shrug off in order for the gimmick to work, but it was better than I expected.  C+

It's honestly a shame what happened with Neeson's career.

Dude's a top tier actor who after the success of Taken(which he was great in to be fair) just seems to have given up on producing quality work. I dunno if he just enjoys these recycled type of roles or if he just does it for the money or what.

Oh well I suppose.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, D82 said:

Watched A Quiet Place: Day One today

Not bad. Solid...but it wasn't as good as the first two. 

See I was highly disappointed it just seemed like a money grab to me. Added nothing to the Lore, had the most basic generic plot. The setting was cool, there were more monsters which is cool, and the acting was good. 

7 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

See I was highly disappointed it just seemed like a money grab to me. Added nothing to the Lore, had the most basic generic plot. The setting was cool, there were more monsters which is cool, and the acting was good. 

Oh I was definitely disappointed. 

• Like 1

I watched what you wish for because my favorite movie reviewer had it as his number 1 film for the month of June and I hadn't heard about it. I went in blind I think that's the best way to watch this flick. It was impeccable the twists, the turns, the tension, the delivery all were outstanding. It's in my top 3 movies of the year so far 4.5/5.