Washington's Edge talent

MSURacerDT55

On 9/20/2020 at 10:01 AM, BlaqOptic said:

Some of you people are just naming decent duos. The thing is, the OP is suggesting the Washington Football Team also has depth. When I think of Depth with at least 3 guys who can get to 8+ sacks I think the 2007 Giants!

Yeah that Giants team was something else.  They had so many good edge rushers they had to start putting them at DT to get them on the field when it wasn't an obvious run down and even then they were sometimes putting them in trying to get penetration and blow it up in the backfield still.  I think Washington could do that as well as Young is more than big enough to slide inside to get pressure as well as he did it for Ohio State as well when he was the 3rd DE on their depth chart IIRC.

On 9/18/2020 at 2:47 PM, SalvadorsDeli said:

2008 Steelers with Harrison and Woodley at their respective peaks as well as a young/super athletic Lawrence Timmons were terrifying. If we're including DE's there was also the always underrated Aaron Smith. 

2006 Ravens with Suggs and Adalius Thomas as the starters on the EDGE and Jarrett Johnson for depth were great as well. Bart Scott played ILB but Rex Ryan moved guys around so much that he operated like an OLB or edge rusher plenty as well and had probably the best year of his career that season (8 sacks). Trevor Pryce also had a DPOY worthy year that year from the DE slot. 

Some of those Chargers teams back then with prime Shawne Merriman and Shaun Phillips were pretty amazing as well. 

For just Edge talent, the 2003 Ravens had Suggs, Boulware, and Thomas