BDL 2020 Week 2 - Williamsport Soul Reavers @ Hungary Hippos

rackcs

Williamsport Soul Reavers @ Hungary Hippos  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Williamsport Soul Reavers
    • Hungary Hippos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/24/2020 at 04:01 AM

On 9/22/2020 at 8:34 PM, PR said:

Then list Burns and Barrett's pressures and hurries. Their combined QB Hits in two games are also 0.

You're not remotely giving any respect to the ton of defensive talent Carolina lost this off season, none more important than Keuchly. And again it's less about what they're doing irl and more about what they'd do within the BDL roster they're on. 

Edited by wwhickok

16 minutes ago, Jlash said:

1 hurry and 1 pressure for Burns

6 hurries 6 pressures for Barrett. 

Could be better obviously for Burns but I think there's at least something to the defensive situation he actually plays in.

For Barrett, imo, not bad for 2 games. The sacks will come for both but, i specifically said DISRUPT, that doesn't mean specially getting sacks.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

You're not remotely giving any respect to the ton of defensive talent Carolina lost this off season, none more important than Keuchly. And again it's less about what they're doing irl and more about what they'd do within the BDL roster they're on. Also it helps that D. Smith is a horrible OT

Idk why that helps cause he's not starting him? 

8 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Idk why that helps cause he's not starting him? 

I went into more detail in the post before.  I'm not in here trying to manipulate a so I put my game plan out there for everyone to see and of story OK Donovan Smith is not started Bob massie is and hes not that much better than Donovan Smith I'm still overloading the right side of the off line that is still their weakness

Edited by wwhickok

31 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

You're not remotely giving any respect to the ton of defensive talent Carolina lost this off season, none more important than Keuchly. And again it's less about what they're doing irl and more about what they'd do within the BDL roster they're on. Also it helps that D. Smith is a horrible OT

I literally said the same thing. Counselor said Smith was strong side. I literally pointed out that you believe Smith is the weak side thus confirming your strategy. The problem is Massie which has been stellar in pass protection is on the right side which derails that initial thought process. You based your entire blitz package on a guy not even on the field.

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I went into more detail in the post before.  I'm not in here trying to manipulate a so I put my game plan out there for everyone to see and of story OK Donovan Smith is not started Bob massie is and hes not that much better than Donovan Smith I'm still overloading the right side of the office of boy that is still their weakness

You have very little knowledge of Massie these past two years. Time to Google research and you can do a segment on your research. :)

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

You know he has given up a sack this season right? As has brinskill. 

"Likewise, our pass block win rate metric conveys the rate linemen can sustain their blocks for 2.5 seconds or longer." Massie was #1. Must have been a hella long time in the backfield before that sack came.

By the way you might want to research an overload blitz concept  It means I am sending more people on the right side than that side of the line can block so unless you have super man over there playinf you're not going to be able to stop everyone all the time. Now will it work every time I assume not but even if it only works half the time it means I'm getting to the quarterback and also means that more than likely at least part of the time in the overload Blitz  I am sending Burns and Barrett from the same side. The stat that it was posted about pressures I think that you think it help your case but imi it really because blitzing isn't just about getting sacks.

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

By the way you might want to research an overload blitz concept  It means I am sending more people on the right side than that side of the line can block so unless you have super man over there playinf you're not going to be able to stop everyone all the time. Now will it work every time I assume not but even if it only works half the time it means I'm getting to the quarterback and also means that more than likely at least part of the time in the overload Blitz  I am sending Burns and Barrett from the same side. The stat that it was posted about pressures I think that you think it help your case but imi it really because blitzing isn't just about getting sacks.

So who again is coming off the field in trips? I mean you have your two edge rushers coming on one side, two safeties back playing deep, at minimum two corners, three dline, which leaves two players left. Either you are running a 3-3-5 or a 3-4-4, which means the RB, TE or WR is uncovered every play on defense because you are blitzing Burns and Barrett. This is pretty much the easiest hit the open option ever. 

And I don't really see the point of the overload anyways, that makes you susceptible to the QB scramble off the blind side. Dak can run and you are letting the strong side block down field with no QB spy.

You saw this week what his ****ty oline did. Terrence Steele and Brandon Knight were his OTs lol

Here is an example of Dak running

Edited by PR