BDL 2020 Week 2 - Williamsport Soul Reavers @ Hungary Hippos

rackcs

Williamsport Soul Reavers @ Hungary Hippos  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Williamsport Soul Reavers
    • Hungary Hippos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/24/2020 at 04:01 AM

I think Metcalf and Slayton probably eats up Jimmy Smith enough on man blitzes to more than cancel out the negative plays and zone blitz with dudes covering from the other side probably won't work.  Also please don't say your defenders will run to the ball after its thrown.  I sure as help hope they do or you have some dumb *** players 

On the other side Henry will have some difficulty likely mirroring more real life production numbers this year and they are doubling ridley.  However I think the other two receivers have some success against corners who play mostly zone in real life being shoe horned into man.  Edelman looked good this week and should be a solid chain mover.

In the end I see Williamsport draining clock but a couple big plays on the other side eventually do them in. Wichita 23-17

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Oh wow... i missed that. So... all that run stopping and Goedert coverage by McMillan is non existent because he didn't play in this game.

I would assume Kyzir plays for him.  And that's honestly probably better cause Raekwon isn't playing for LV.

I was torn on this game. I was slightly leaning Williamsport with their run game here. I know we all make mistakes but mentioning how a player is going to stop someone on the other team in the writeup and then again in the comments and not including him in the writeup is the icing on the cake. 

8 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I would assume Kyzir plays for him.  And that's honestly probably better cause Raekwon isn't playing for LV.

I assume. Idk. I just found it interesting that as much as I had no way of knowing he was swapping RTs, he put someone into his gameplan in a vital role that he didn't put into his lineup.

2 minutes ago, PR said:

This ^

While I respect that, it loses a little bit of the bite when you consider that you even reaffirmed McMillans usage in our back n forth about the gameplans.  This is legitimately the first time you've pointed out Kyzir would play McMillans role. In fact, you didnt point it out, Raga did.

Big difference is I had no way to know you were making a change at RT. But you should've known who you listed on your roster ;)

Edited by wwhickok

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

While I respect that, it loses a little bit of the bite when you consider that you even reaffirmed McMillans usage in our back n forth about the gameplans.

Yeah. My mess up on that one. White does better against Goedert. I honestly can't tell you how he does against the run. I no longer have PFF.

I'm going WSR here.  Wichita has a 220 lb LB, a 230 lb LB, and a SS playing LB against Henry.  And I'm not 100% sure the Wichita DL can keep those lighter LBs clean.  On the other hand, I wonder if the WSR pass rush can get to Dak.  As much as people want to hate on my OL, Kolton brutalized Brian Burns week 1.  Both OLs are better than some of the names may suggest, but I think WSR's DL will stop the run more effectively and allow their LBs to make plays.  

WSR missed the opportunity to discuss Lazard's ability on third down, both he and MVS have really stepped up for the Packers this year in different roles.  Not mentioning him in the line up but starting him was a bad decision.

I think between two evenly matched teams, WSR is able to win TOP which makes the difference here.

• Like 1