Earl Reunion

animaltested

With Blair more than likely done for the season, anybody think Seattle reaches out to Earl? Neither Lano or Adams really excel at the single high, and placing the entire scheme on Diggs's shoulder seems dangerous given his injury history. 

Seattle uses alot of 3 safety looks, so Earl could get worked in slowly, and Diggs has the ability to kick down and play slot if need be. Could be an interesting chess piece for this team. 

IDK, hopes the bridges haven't been burned to a crisp. 

1 hour ago, animaltested said:

IDK, hopes the bridges haven't been burned to a crisp. 

Honestly, at this point, you kind of have to wonder if he hasn't burnt those bridges across the NFL tbh. There's no reason he should still be available if teams were really high on being in on him. I think the fact that it was Baltimore making that cut, eating that dead money, and being a fairly smart front office that people would emulate really makes teams sketched out. 

Man, this is really interesting.  I've never thought about it.  If any team would be willing to forgive Earl Thomas, it would be Seattle with coach Carroll, Russell Wilson, Bobby Wagner, etc.  I think those guys would welcome him back with open arms in the right circumstance.

There's something wrong with Earl Thomas, though.  I said this weeks ago, but something seems off about him.  Not sure what's happened to him over the past year and a half/two years, but he's changed.  Guy was a class act and model teammate most of his career and then all of a sudden he just changed into a massive tool.

Maybe this has caused him to realize his career can end and he's not as 'bullet proof' as he thought he was.  If he has his head on straight and comes to play, he's still a really good player.  Before Seattle traded him, he was awesome.  Not sure how he was with the Ravens, though.  If he's still really good, he would be a perfect fit next to Adams at safety.

On 9/21/2020 at 7:36 PM, showtime said:

Man, this is really interesting.  I've never thought about it.  If any team would be willing to forgive Earl Thomas, it would be Seattle with coach Carroll, Russell Wilson, Bobby Wagner, etc.  I think those guys would welcome him back with open arms in the right circumstance.

There's something wrong with Earl Thomas, though.  I said this weeks ago, but something seems off about him.  Not sure what's happened to him over the past year and a half/two years, but he's changed.  Guy was a class act and model teammate most of his career and then all of a sudden he just changed into a massive tool.

Maybe this has caused him to realize his career can end and he's not as 'bullet proof' as he thought he was.  If he has his head on straight and comes to play, he's still a really good player.  Before Seattle traded him, he was awesome.  Not sure how he was with the Ravens, though.  If he's still really good, he would be a perfect fit next to Adams at safety.

The last few years he was a Seahawk i was done with him he threw Wagner under the bus for poor play knowing that he was trying to gut it out with a hamstring injury.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Ryan_W said:

I'd be alright with taking him back

I think we have players/staff that actually like him despite the bonehead 

Yeah, I think that's fair. The locker room seems stable and strong enough to take Earl on. Not sure what his relationship with Pete Carrol is, though.