Panthers @ Lions

theuntouchable

So I'm gonna try and drum up some conversation!

what reservations do you have about this game?

what do you look forward to most??

key matchups?

what are some keys to this game?

what players do you think will have a big game? Why? 

Answer one, answer em all but answer something.

5 hours ago, theuntouchable said:

So I'm gonna try and drum up some conversation!

what reservations do you have about this game?

what do you look forward to most??

key matchups?

what are some keys to this game?

what players do you think will have a big game? Why? 

Answer one, answer em all but answer something.

Lawson vs Funchess could be key. Lawson typically matches up well with bigger WRs. I think Slay can handle Benjamin, so if Lawson has another good game, they shouldn't be able to have much success through the air.

Offensively, every single pass play, we have to have help on Peppers. Look for Fells to have another big workload.

31 minutes ago, detroitroar said:

Lawson vs Funchess could be key. Lawson typically matches up well with bigger WRs. I think Slay can handle Benjamin, so if Lawson has another good game, they shouldn't be able to have much success through the air.

Offensively, every single pass play, we have to have help on Peppers. Look for Fells to have another big workload.

Agreed on both points. I think fells is gonna start working more into the rotation.

5 hours ago, theuntouchable said:

Agreed on both points. I think fells is gonna start working more into the rotation.

This is my hope. I have been very upfront about my feelings for Ebron. 

Will we miss the occasional highlight from Eric? Probably.

Will we care since we should in theory have much more consistency? Probably not.

My main fear for this game is our offenses ability to start fast. I feel our defense/ST needs them to do their part for us to become what we are capable of.

The Panthers dont really scare me. I think we match up well especially if Davis can go.

I am pumped though.

10 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

I have a feeling that was more of a benching to Ebron than fells taking over right now.

Yeah, with Ebron having that poor performance against the Falcons in need of a "wakeup call" and with Greg Robinson needing help with Everson Griffen, it made sense to play Fells a ton last week. With Golladay out again I think we're going to see a lot more 2 TE sets. The running game took off last week with extra blockers in there.

3 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

Yeah, with Ebron having that poor performance against the Falcons in need of a "wakeup call" and with Greg Robinson needing help with Everson Griffen, it made sense to play Fells a ton last week. With Golladay out again I think we're going to see a lot more 2 TE sets. The running game took off last week with extra blockers in there.

I really want to see them build on that success in the running game. Establishing a decent run game would do wonders for this offense.

10 hours ago, BarryTheBest said:

This is my hope. I have been very upfront about my feelings for Ebron. 

Will we miss the occasional highlight from Eric? Probably.

Will we care since we should in theory have much more consistency? Probably not.

My main fear for this game is our offenses ability to start fast. I feel our defense/ST needs them to do their part for us to become what we are capable of.

The Panthers dont really scare me. I think we match up well especially if Davis can go.

I am pumped though.

Agreed. Most people looked at the beginning of our schedule and said we'd be lucky to win two games. So far we have been in every game and took 3. Thats huge.

The offense really needs to find its rythym right now. Defense is playing very well but it's more opportunistic than anything. Falcons moved the ball pretty well against us and if it wasn't for the three turnovers that game could have been ugly. If the offense had scored even one touchdown off of those turnovers it would have been a very different ball game.

The offense really needs to find its rythym right now. Defense is playing very well but it's more opportunistic than anything. Falcons moved the ball pretty well against us and if it wasn't for the three turnovers that game could have been ugly. If the offense had scored even one touchdown off of those turnovers it would have been a very different ball game.

Archived