Week 4 Games

Leader

I think we want the Vikings to win this one. 

0-4 and they're in serious tank potential, but 1-3 and they might have enough fight left in them to get to 8-8, putting them out of the top 16.

We play the Texans later in the season, too.  We want them to be despondent and hopeless. 

This might be the year where having a bad defense doesn't really matter much. There's just so much bad defense being played around the league and the few teams who are playing good defense don't have good enough QB's to be a threat to anybody(aka the Bears)

Edited by deltarich87
  • Like 1

Just now, deltarich87 said:

This might be the year where having a bad defense doesn't really matter much. There's just so much bad defense being played around the league

By that same token, this is the year where having an actual defense is a serious weapon.  

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

By that same token, this is the year where having an actual defense is a serious weapon.  

Who are the good/great teams right now who have that though? Niners defense is probably still very good even with the injuries, but they haven't played anybody the last few weeks to really say that for sure.

Just now, deltarich87 said:

Who are the good/great teams right now who have that though? Niners defense is probably still very good even with the injuries, but they haven't played anybody the last few weeks to really say that for sure.

Colts, Ravens, Chargers, Niners, Steelers, Chiefs.

Especially the Chiefs and Ravens.  To have those offenses and those defenses...

It's why it would take a perfect game from the Packers to beat either of those two teams in a Super Bowl matchup.

It's also why I'll be rooting like crazy for teams to upset those two in the wild card and divisional rounds (only one team gets a bye this year I believe). 

10 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

This might be the year where having a bad defense doesn't really matter much. There's just so much bad defense being played around the league and the few teams who are playing good defense don't have good enough QB's to be a threat to anybody(aka the Bears)

Dallas is proving this wrong... their bad defense is keeping them from winning. This team should be 0-4.

Edited by Green19

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Colts, Ravens, Chargers, Niners, Steelers, Chiefs.

Especially the Chiefs and Ravens.  To have those offenses and those defenses...

It's why it would take a perfect game from the Packers to beat either of those two teams in a Super Bowl matchup.

It's also why I'll be rooting like crazy for teams to upset those two in the wild card and divisional rounds (only one team gets a bye this year I believe). 

Steelers are the main standout here but Ben doesn't scare anybody anymore. They could be the wildcard in AFC though to upset one of the Chiefs or Ravens though, which would be greatly appreciated

Niners are the real issue for GB in the NFC hunt. GB just does not match up with that team well at all, and Shanny would wipe the floor again with his scheme against Pettine. Gotta avoid that team in January by any means necessary