Time to fire Lynn & Bradley

Chargers

At this point I almost want to keep him around till the end of the season just to have a better shot at losing out. Maybe the Bengals will somehow win another game so we can jump them in the draft to get the LT we've been needing for... well... ever. 

We weren’t prepared to play a football game yesterday, that was obvious. The effort wasn’t there from the first snap. I don’t expect us to win another game this year. Cowboys play Bengals this week, that should move us up one spot.  Another thing though, maybe it’s time to realize some of our players just aren’t that good either.  Where was Mike W and Hunter Henry yesterday? We know the o line is atrocious.  Melvin Ingram has been terrible along with most of the defensive line. For all of the “look at all the talent of this team” talk, I sure don’t see it show up very often

10 hours ago, BoltsFan937 said:

We weren’t prepared to play a football game yesterday, that was obvious. The effort wasn’t there from the first snap. I don’t expect us to win another game this year. Cowboys play Bengals this week, that should move us up one spot.  Another thing though, maybe it’s time to realize some of our players just aren’t that good either.  Where was Mike W and Hunter Henry yesterday? We know the o line is atrocious.  Melvin Ingram has been terrible along with most of the defensive line. For all of the “look at all the talent of this team” talk, I sure don’t see it show up very often

I feel like the talent is very top heavy. Guys like Bosa, Allen, James, Hayward, Ekeler, Henry, and most likely Herbert are high end guys. The issue is the quality below the top which end up costing us so many games. Special teams is filled with those guys and look how they've been. 

I've never been a huge Mike Williams fan. He's never going to be a #1 in an offense which is what you expect when you're spending the #7 pick on a guy. He's an okay second guy but I just don't think he gets the separation needed to be consistent in the NFL. Most of his yards are chunk yards that he goes up and fights the secondary for, most of the time flailing around doing so. 

Henry is a guy who is solid most of the time but usually unspectacular. I feel like beyond a couple guys there is a lack of overall talent at the position across the NFL atm. That makes Henry a little more valuable unfortunately for us. 

Coaching is what turns those so-so depth guys into solid players. The stars really don't require as much coaching, they usually get theirs no matter what because they are just better than everyone else. But a majority of the guys need coached up, put in the right positions, and helped along to really finish out a team. That is where we've been lacking. Our top guys have played well overall and kept us in a lot of games but not being able to finish is heavily on the coaching because they are not putting the guys in positions for success but rather banking on the stars to carry them along. 

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Sounds like we have a few DC options but Bradley is getting the most buzz at the moment. What can you guys tell me about him? 

He can look stellar at times... when your guys stay disciplined and healthy.  You'll get some nice splash plays out of his scheme.  Hope you defensive players are already good at tackling, because Gus (and the assistants he typically brings - and this goes to his time in Jacksonville, too) aren't going to do much in the way of improving lacking ability.  And you're going to learn to hate how there will always be one particular type of play that, unless everything is executed spot-on (and by that I mean, all you DB's are able to stay in the pocket of receivers) or a pass-rusher gets home IN A HURRY, you're going to be vulnerable - i.e. deep passes on post, fade, and fly routes.  It's why he's shown to need at least one prolific pass-rusher and a well-above average deep safety in order to have success.

Gus, in my estimation, is a coordinator you bring in when you already have all the pieces, or have a vast majority of them and are committed to using premium assets to getting yourself the rest of the way there.  He's not someone you bring in to "repair" or "build" a defense.

Get used to "bend don't break" defense. Rarely blitzes and relies heavily on the front 4 to get pressure. Teams destroyed us with underneath crossing routes over and over. Takeaways have been lacking though that could be more the players themselves rather than scheme... though I swear I rarely see guys aggressively trying to swipe the ball out so that's in the coaching.