Week 5: VIKINGS (1-3) at Seahawks (4-0)

swede700

28 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Wrong. Right call, poor execution:

Probably a walk in touchdown if Mattison does a better job, putting them up 2 scores and sealing the game.

but, please, continue with your schtick.

There’s no arguing Mattison missed the hole that we used to say growing up, “a tractor 🚜 could drive through.”

Im saying they didn’t want to give Russell Wilson the ball and a chance to comeback more so than it was about going for the win. 

7 minutes ago, KeithVikings28 said:

There’s no arguing Mattison missed the hole that we used to say growing up, “a tractor 🚜 could drive through.”

Im saying they didn’t want to give Russell Wilson the ball and a chance to comeback more so than it was about going for the win. 

I think both of those things go hand-in-hand...you go for the win by not giving Russell Wilson the ball.  And if that 1st down is made, the odds of winning go from 94% to 99.6%.  

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

I think both of those things go hand-in-hand...you go for the win by not giving Russell Wilson the ball.  And if that 1st down is made, the odds of winning go from 94% to 99.6%.  

One of the things that no one has mentioned that I've seen is...as fine a back as Mattison is...Cook would've seen the hole because he has superior vision for seeing a hole develop.

1 minute ago, Virginia Viking said:

One of the things that no one has mentioned that I've seen is...as fine a back as Mattison is...Cook would've seen the hole because he has superior vision for seeing a hole develop.

That is very true.  Unfortunately, I was doing some remodeling work in my bedroom, so I had completely missed the fact that Cook had gotten injured and was wondering why Mattison was in there.  It was only after the fact that I found out.  But, there is no question in my mind that Cook would have saw that hole.