Star Wars Battlefront II

JBURGE

4 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

And people will never stop... 

:(

I just want serious improvements in Madden CFM

I'm not trying to pat my own back, but I think the massive outrage over pure cosmetic MTXs is going to make us go backwards. They're gonna load them with stuff that the people will WANT to buy. We're gonna be outraged anyways, might as well sell the max amount, all while screwing us over in those games, when cosmetics did jack ******* **** to us. 

They circle jerked too  hard.

Even the stock going down, which was celebrated is bad. Oh they took them away and their stock went down! WE WON GUYS. Stock can go back up. What made it go down? Hmm, what could they reverse so it recovers? 

FWIW, stock was on the decline before the BF2 panic started and IIRC was shown it went down very similarly last year around now. Losing price on a stock doesn't do anything if they just throw them back out, investors buy back in, and you're right back were we started. BUT CHILDREN WON'T GET HOOKED TO GAMBLING GUYS.

I mean, I guess that's a positive. But that's not really why anyone cared. 

Edited by NormSizedMidget

51 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

People just need to start boycotting P2W games and supporting games that aren't P2W. Show them that P2W can cost them money.

It sounds so simple, but even the biggest outrage there's been will do nothing.

Truth be told, I don't think the ACTUAL damage being done by then is near the outrage. They probably don't even take it seriously.

34 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

It sounds so simple, but even the biggest outrage there's been will do nothing.

Truth be told, I don't think the ACTUAL damage being done by then is near the outrage. They probably don't even take it seriously.

Honestly the companies could out wait the consumer far easier than the other way around. 

5 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Honestly the companies could out wait the consumer far easier than the other way around. 

This is why I wish everyone could have stood together and said, FINE, as long as they are ONLY cosmetic. Maybe that doesn't work (at least on completely). I don't think this did jack. I think it's gonna make P2W worse, tbh. They're gonna go, well you were mad about gambling eh? SEE NO MORE GAMBLING. But still business as usual.

1 minute ago, NormSizedMidget said:

This is why I wish everyone could have stood together and said, FINE, as long as they are ONLY cosmetic. Maybe that doesn't work (at least on completely). I don't think this did jack. I think it's gonna make P2W worse, tbh. They're gonna go, well you were mad about gambling eh? SEE NO MORE GAMBLING. But still business as usual.

It's one thing for a single company to do it and boycott them, if all the major companies do it people will cave so quickly. Maybe one or two bad quarters but after that they can gouge everyone for all they want. The outrage will never be coordinated or widespread enough to stop it. Doesn't mean the fight isn't right or isn't worth fighting but I just can't see anyway it's not a losing battle. 

Just now, LeeEvans said:

It's one thing for a single company to do it and boycott them, if all the major companies do it people will cave so quickly. Maybe one or two bad quarters but after that they can gouge everyone for all they want. The outrage will never be coordinated or widespread enough to stop it. Doesn't mean the fight isn't right or isn't worth fighting but I just can't see anyway it's not a losing battle. 

Yeah, I have no problem with people doing it. I just feel like it was "misdirected" and probably way overblown. After CODWW2 went cosmetic only, I was like okay, maybe they're finally just gonna go cosmetic only (for the most part) and that's fine. Let the  idiots buy those. 

Companies are NOT going to abandon stuff that brings in money ages after the game releases because 10% is mad. I'm not convinced that a decent chunk of the outrage wasnt still buying the games for 60 a pop anyways.

14 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Yeah, I have no problem with people doing it. I just feel like it was "misdirected" and probably way overblown. After CODWW2 went cosmetic only, I was like okay, maybe they're finally just gonna go cosmetic only (for the most part) and that's fine. Let the  idiots buy those. 

Companies are NOT going to abandon stuff that brings in money ages after the game releases because 10% is mad. I'm not convinced that a decent chunk of the outrage wasnt still buying the games for 60 a pop anyways.

Yup, I think you're right. People always underestimate that casual player make up at least 75% of the sales of major titles like this. If people are boycotting games like this than that's awesome but in the long run I just don't think it will really matter, there are five times as many casuals who will buy the game and honestly as long as they do most people will probably too. 

2 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Yup, I think you're right. People always underestimate that casual player make up at least 75% of the sales of major titles like this. If people are boycotting games like this than that's awesome but in the long run I just don't think it will really matter, there are five times as many casuals who will buy the game and honestly as long as they do most people will probably too. 

Yeah exactly. I know a handful of people who play this on console and they're all like "I don't get the outrage, I already have the heroes I want etc etc." Maybe that's being naive, but I think the answer to all of it is somewhere in the middle. Buying anything without looking at this is silly, then again I think freaking the eff out without really seeing if it's that bad is probably silly too. There was a lot of collective rage built up, this is just when it finally blew. Not saying it wasn't warranted though either.

21 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

This isn't true at all. I will never play SWB2 and that doesn't bother me at all.

In fact, there isn't a single game or IP in the world that is worth supporting P2W over, It will upset me if franchises like TES or WoW or whatever turn into P2W somehow but I will just get over it and move on.

25 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

This isn't true at all. I will never play SWB2 and that doesn't bother me at all.

In fact, there isn't a single game or IP in the world that is worth supporting P2W over, It will upset me if franchises like TES or WoW or whatever turn into P2W somehow but I will just get over it and move on.

Doesn't seem  like there are enough of you, or they'd stop though.

2 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

Yes.... you don't have any desire to play the game.  What about everyone else?

17 hours ago, showtime said:

Yes.... you don't have any desire to play the game.  What about everyone else?

Playing these games is like drinking salt water.

At first it will be fun for you when you play the 4 hour long campaign mode and enjoy the awesome graphics and get the high of a new game, but pretty quickly it will come crashing down and you will realize how terrible the game is and how impossible it is to be competitive (and therefore to enjoy online pvp, aka 99% of the game) without spending even more money.

Just because the game exists doesn't mean you have to buy it. A well done ASoIAF game could be amazing and groundbreaking, and I'd love to play it. But it doesn't, nor will it ever, exist, and I am no worse off for it.

Just pretend SWBF2 never came out, because it basically didn't.

4 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

Playing these games is like drinking salt water.

At first it will be fun for you when you play the 4 hour long campaign mode and enjoy the awesome graphics and get the high of a new game, but pretty quickly it will come crashing down and you will realize how terrible the game is and how impossible it is to be competitive (and therefore to enjoy online pvp, aka 99% of the game) without spending even more money.

Just because the game exists doesn't mean you have to buy it. A well done ASoIAF game could be amazing and groundbreaking, and I'd love to play it. But it doesn't, nor will it ever, exist, and I am no worse off for it.

Just pretend SWBF2 never came out, because it basically didn't.

I have NOT played this but I know  people that have and none of them actually think there's an issue competing without paying money...I've seen streamers say the exact same thing, then again they are probably higher end players.

The outrage does not at all match the actual "imbalance" in the game by anyone who has played it who isn't freaking out just to freak out.