Star Wars Battlefront II

JBURGE

11 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Comparable although there is something about it that makes you feel like your getting screwed. It feels pay to win even if it isn't. Rent it, play through the story once, get your fill of multiplayer, and never touch it again. The only thing this game does well is graphics other than that there are better pay to win games, better fps games, better multiplayer shooters, better single player shooters, and better sci fi games. 

If it wasn't star wars this would be a bargain bin game. 

Which ones are better?  I only want a game to play from time-to-time, this wouldn't be my main game no matter how great it was.  I started playing Battlefield 1 yesterday and the game seems well made, but I just have to get used to 60 players in a game and people being gall over the place lol

8 minutes ago, showtime said:

Which ones are better?

O boy thats a loaded question. Wolfenstein 1 & 2 are both better if your looking for single player. Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WW2, Titanfall 2, ect are all bettter and more fun multiplayer experiences. Pay to win there is a whole slew of games that are better. Prey, Wolfenstain are both better sci fi shooters. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, showtime said:
1 hour ago, JBURGE25 said:

Boring. Sadly it is very boring

How does it compare to Battlefield 1 game play wise, outside of all the unique Star Wars themed stuff.

It doesn't feel like battlefield at all when you're shooting. Maybe the movement. It's hard for me to say because I got bored so quickly i only played a handful of games. The space battles are the best part

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

O boy thats a loaded question. Wolfenstein 1 & 2 are both better if your looking for single player. Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WW2, Titanfall 2, ect are all bettter and more fun multiplayer experiences. Pay to win there is a whole slew of games that are better. Prey, Wolfenstain are both better sci fi shooters. 

A friend recommended Wolfenstein to me, so I think I'll check those out.  I played a bit of Titanfall 2 and I did enjoy it, although I didn't play enough to make a judgment.  Seems like that is a solid recommendation as well.  I want to try Call of Duty WWII, but so many people don't like the game that I'm kind of afraid to go all in on it haha

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

A friend recommended Wolfenstein to me, so I think I'll check those out.  I played a bit of Titanfall 2 and I did enjoy it, although I didn't play enough to make a judgment.  Seems like that is a solid recommendation as well.  I want to try Call of Duty WWII, but so many people don't like the game that I'm kind of afraid to go all in on it haha

Its definitely not one of my main recommendations but I was trying to keep things around games that came out recently. 

• Like 1

Like I said earlier, the general consensus seems to be that you have a good-to-great game buried underneath a tedious progression system, which I agree with, having rented it.

As for the grindwalls for unlocking characters, I unlocked Darth Vader in a matter of hours, so it's not too bad, though the 8,000 BP needed to use him is already enough of a cap by itself. If you're new to the game, you're not gonna get that anytime soon, trust me. 

Okay so, I picked this game up and I have to say I have been having a great time with it.  I expected this game to be like Battlefield and it's not, which is a good thing in some regards.  I think the maps are well made.  Doesn't take long to get into the action and be in combat.  Unlocking different class specific weapons isn't that much of a chore, either.  Also, I had enough to unlock Darth Vader after playing for roughly an hour and a half.

On 12/28/2017 at 1:19 PM, showtime said:

Okay so, I picked this game up and I have to say I have been having a great time with it.  I expected this game to be like Battlefield and it's not, which is a good thing in some regards.  I think the maps are well made.  Doesn't take long to get into the action and be in combat.  Unlocking different class specific weapons isn't that much of a chore, either.  Also, I had enough to unlock Darth Vader after playing for roughly an hour and a half.

In matches or overall? There's also the loading/lobby times, let's not forget.

I got the game for Christmas on PS4 and as much as I detest what they're doing, or should I say TRIED to do with the progression system, I gotta admit, as a GAME, it's loads of fun. I suck at the free Last Jedi Crait map, though, I can't effing find, let alone kill anybody with them trenches and smokescreens, man.

Edited by KManX89

On 12/28/2017 at 1:19 PM, showtime said:

Keep playing. 

Some of the progression issues have been fixed, but the flow of credits does slow considerably once you've put in some time. They get you early on with lots of different challenges that give you credits, but once you complete a challenge you can't do it again. It starts to become a bit of a grind. 

It's still a super fun game though. 

3 hours ago, Lions017 said:

Keep playing. 

Some of the progression issues have been fixed, but the flow of credits does slow considerably once you've put in some time. They get you early on with lots of different challenges that give you credits, but once you complete a challenge you can't do it again. It starts to become a bit of a grind. 

It's still a super fun game though. 

I've started to notice that.  I've managed to unlock Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, and Chewbacca with credits to spare so far.  I'm still having a ton of fun, even if I'm not playing as one of the heroes.  Just running around, playing the objective, getting kills, and always being in combat is a ton of fun for me.

• 2 weeks later...