NCAA Basketball Thread: '21-22

NYRaider

3 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

tonight's game is why you dont overreact after 1 game in the season.  blew out virginia.

another nice game by "average" kyler edwards too. 

Good win for Houston. Although through the first 3 games, I still feel very confident that Memphis wins the AAC. 

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Wendell Moore has been very good for Duke this season. He was pretty meh his first two years but definitely looks like he is poised to make a leap this season. Averaging 15/6/6 through the first 4 games this year. Duke's biggest wild card is AJ Griffin Jr. His minutes have been limited as he recovers from his knee injury but as he gets healthy I think he should be able to contribute a ton for us.

Isn't the J in AJ the Junior?  

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

yes i have..they have played nobody so far.  the fact you are already jumping to conclusions 3 games in is hilarious. 

I genuinely think Memphis is one of the best teams in the country regardless of conference. Emoni Bates and Jalen Duren are both elite players and will likely be All-Americans. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I genuinely think Memphis is one of the best teams in the country regardless of conference. Emoni Bates and Jalen Duren are both elite players and will likely be All-Americans. 

Legit question because I don't follow the high profile freshmen all that closely, but how often do these one and done lottery picks actually lead their team to the top (Elite Eight/Final Four) outside of the traditional powerhouse programs (Duke/Kansas/Kentucky/etc...)?

Just now, THE DUKE said:

Legit question because I don't follow the high profile freshmen all that closely, but how often do these one and done lottery picks actually lead their team to the top (Elite Eight/Final Four) outside of the traditional powerhouse programs (Duke/Kansas/Kentucky/etc...)?

There have only been a handful of teams in recent college basketball history that have landed 2+ premier, top 5, 1-n-done talents since the rule was implemented. The majority of those duos went to Duke or Kentucky who have both won titles and made deep tournament runs with one-n-done stars leading their teams. 

Emoni/Duren were the top 2 recruits in the 2022 class before they reclassified and IIRC the only other duo ranked 1/2 to play together in recent history was AD/MKG who led Kentucky to a national championship.

Derrick Rose led Memphis to the title game as a true freshman back in 2008.