100 TD Watch

onejayhawk

13 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Dan Marino is remembered as the best thrower in the history of the NFL. Even without titles, he was in the conversation for GoaT til Brady essentially settled the discussion. It is noteworthy that Marino also had a pair of speed WR, often called the Marks Brothers--Mark Duper and Mark Clayton. His 5000 yd, 48 TD season was the standard for almost 30 years. He also played in the Super Bowl as a rookie, but four sacks and two pick played their part in a 49er win. It was his only time in the championship. 

J

Yep, Super Duper if i recall and Clayton was great too. They never had much of a running game though and I thought that really hurt them in the big games. Its so difficult these days to correlate records as the game has changed so much. It was a big thing back in the day to hit 3000 yards whereas pretty much any starting QB looks at 4000 these days as the milestone. Terrific what guys like Mahones, Rodgers, Brees and Brady are doing/have done but I still have such a soft spot for the 80s and 90s games.

• Like 1

Mahomes racks five TD against the Jets. More accurately, Chiefs receivers feast on the Jets, but same result. For example, the first score was a 30 yard jet sweep, ie completed in the backfield and 31 yards after the catch. 

Now 97

If you want symbolism, Tyreek hill caught the last of the five TDs, but turned his ankle on the play. Pat Mahomes gave him a piggy back ride to the bench.

J

Edited by onejayhawk
  • Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 5:42 PM, onejayhawk said:

O

Some guy who went to Pitt back in the day. It's not like he ever won anything but personal awards.

J

So playoff games and AFCCGs are not important?

Fans hate it when their team wins the conference and go to the Super Bowl.

Peyton Manning's career according to you:

• He went 2-2 with 3 TDs 5 picks and a 77.4 rating.
  • He was carried to both wins by his D
  • He threw 3 TDs to his team and 2 TDs to the other team.
  • He had 8 turnovers in his 4 game career.

What about all the other stats? Personal awards!!!  😂😀🤣

5 hours ago, SkippyX said:

So playoff games and AFCCGs are not important? Fans hate it when their team wins the conference and go to the Super Bowl.

Peyton Manning's career according to you:

• He went 2-2 with 3 TDs 5 picks and a 77.4 rating.
  • He was carried to both wins by his D
  • He threw 3 TDs to his team and 2 TDs to the other team.
  • He had 8 turnovers in his 4 game career.

What about all the other stats? Personal awards!!!  😂😀🤣

Considering that these are two of the best 10 and possibly best five QB in history, I can let you make fun. The rest of us know better. 

However, it detracts from Mahomes historic accomplishment. i object to that. 

On 11/8/2020 at 11:34 PM, onejayhawk said:

Considering that these are two of the best 10 and possibly best five QB in history, I can let you make fun. The rest of us know better. 

However, it detracts from Mahomes historic accomplishment. i object to that. 

This is a reaction to your attack on Marino. I even quoted you.

You think 'the rest of us' share your  foolish anti-Marino hate-fest?

And that everyone who 'hates Marino' also worships Peyton Manning?

Good luck with that. You wanted to nitpick the greats so that's what you get.

5 Super Bowl TD passes ... 3 to his team and 2 to the other team in 4 games 💩

Manning's offenses averaged a net of 12 points in 4 Super Bowls (guess he wanted to honor Brady?)

Had you shut up about Marino then I would have said nothing.

There is no possible measure of QB success that makes Manning great and Marino terrible.

That path leads to Jim Plunkett (122.8 rating in 2 Super Bowls) and Trent Dilfer as great QBs.

Edited by SkippyX