Washington signs WR Robert Foster

turtle28

4 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Leaves with Tony Brown ( never been much of anything anywhere ) and Jeff Badet- at least he once ran a 4.27 40 dash - That's some serious SPEED ! These guys are P S players .

Troy Brown has some potential but needs development. As @e16bball pointed out before when/if you were watching Senatut who played at Colorado last year (drafted by the Jay Gruden’s) to evaluate him you’d also get a chance to see Tony Brown and Steve Montez (our practice squad QB) and come away at least thinking there’s something there to develop.

I know nothing about Badet, but the speed is intriguing. I’ll look him up.

Seems Badet was a starting WR for Kentucky as a Junior but then transferred to Oklahoma for his Senior year and he was the #3 WR. Kind of pedestrian numbers 26 recs, 400 yds and 3 TDs. At KU he had 31 recs, 670 yds and 4 TDs.

I have to say from watching Badet’s highlights from the XFL he looks like a better route runner than Isaiah Wright, AGG or Cam Sims.

Edited by turtle28

38 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Troy Brown has some potential but needs development. As @e16bball pointed out before when/if you were watching Senatut who played at Colorado last year (drafted by the Jay Gruden’s) to evaluate him you’d also get a chance to see Tony Brown and Steve Montez (our practice squad QB) and come away at least thinking there’s something there to develop.

I know nothing about Badet, but the speed is intriguing. I’ll look him up.

Seems Badet was a starting WR for Kentucky as a Junior but then transferred to Oklahoma for his Senior year and he was the #3 WR. Kind of pedestrian numbers 26 recs, 400 yds and 3 TDs. At KU he had 31 recs, 670 yds and 4 TDs.

I have to say from watching Badet’s highlights from the XFL he looks like a better route runner than Isaiah Wright, AGG or Cam Sims.

All that speed and these are all under/ short routes and comebacks .. huh ?

Just read R R said both Brown and Badet will be elevated for Sunday . 

Edited by RSkinGM

20 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

All that speed and these are all under/ short routes and comebacks .. huh ?

Just read R R said both Brown and Badet will be elevated for Sunday . 

Speed is a threat that can be used in a variety of ways. Obviously to take the top off a defense but also the threat of someone like Badet or Terry for example going deep and then breaking that route off either in our out or doing a comeback route opens up a big cushion for the WR to make a catch.  I don’t mind a crossing route with a speed WR but one at the line of scrimmage doesn’t make much sense, you’d like that to be 10 yards downfield infront of the LBs.

I like that he and Brown will be active, I hope one of them flashes.

Edited by turtle28

On 10/21/2020 at 2:14 PM, turtle28 said:

Speed is a threat that can be used in a variety of ways. Obviously to take the top off a defense but also the threat of someone like Badet or Terry for example going deep and then breaking that route off either in our out or doing a comeback route opens up a big cushion for the WR to make a catch.  I don’t mind a crossing route with a speed WR but one at the line of scrimmage doesn’t make much sense, you’d like that to be 10 yards downfield infront of the LBs.

I like that he and Brown will be active, I hope one of them flashes.

Yup. Speed going laterally will also kill you. LBs or DBs that are trailing you are going to allow you to have a big day as the verticals take the top off. Think of two verts on the right. A cross by Badet going left to right about 10-15 yards deep. He's able to turn the corner and upfield and by that time, if the WRs on their verts now are blocking effectively, you have a 20-30+ yard gain. That's much easier to do than to just run a vert with a back shoulder fade to the sideline for 30 yards (a tough throw and one that can be defended easier). And I'll take this all day.

Know how that seems to work? And why it's familiar?

It's a big part of the Patriots offense the last 15 years.

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

Know how that seems to work? And why it's familiar?

It's a big part of the Patriots offense the last 15 years.

Wait wait wait, you cannot copy what other successful teams do. That's not allowed.