Are the Browns a good bad team or a bad good team?

Apparition

On 10/29/2020 at 10:09 PM, BrownLeader said:

They're definitely not as good as their record.

They just went toe to toe with a 1-4 Bengal team with a rookie, albeit extraordinary, QB and easily could have lost. The teams looked dead even. That said, the Browns are missing two of the league's best players in RB Chubb & OG Teller.

Past the generally poor play of Mayfield, which really is the biggest difference maker for how good the team can be..they're also kind of just a soft team for the identity they're forging. I think that's really bore out vs Baltimore and Pittsburgh. But when the previous regime builds a team around a WR duo that'll probably happen. A QB that's at least a solid game manger and another physical tone setter on each side of the ball and I think they'll greatly step up their play vs good teams.

This is a good post, having just seen the Browns up close. I was a little surprised how easy the Raiders moved the ball and controlled the clock as I thought the Browns would look to do that. Obviously in the weather it took away most big play possibilities. 

I'd say the Browns are a good bad team in that their record is a little misleading, they gave the ability to make big plays on offense and defence but just lack the consistency. I dont think they'd be able to grind out a result on a good team and I feel like Mayfield will always be a bit like Fitzpatrick hot and cold but they're definitely heading in the right direction and with some prudent FA signings and draft picks they could certainly be a force next year.