BDL 2020 Week 7 - Berlin Blitzkrieg @ Williamsport Soul Reavers

rackcs

Berlin Blitzkrieg @ Williamsport Soul Reavers  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Berlin Blitzkrieg
    • Williamsport Soul Reavers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/29/2020 at 04:01 AM

BDL 2020 Week 7

Match: Berlin Blitzkrieg @ Williamsport Soul Reavers

Away Owner: @Ragnarok

Home Owner: @wwhickok

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Berlin Blitzkrieg

Berlin Blitzkrieg
QB - Aaron Rodgers
RB - Justin Jackson
WR - Odell Beckham Jr
WR - Marquise Brown
WR - Brandon Aiyuk
TE - Hunter Henry
LT - Kolton Miller
LG - Solomon Kindley
C - Corey Linsley
RG - Alex Cappa
RT - Tristan Wirfs

RB - Dare Ogunbowale
RB - Anthony McFarland
TE - Irv Smith
WR - Damiere Byrd
WR - MVS
WR - Christian Kirk
OL - Taylor Moton
OL - Trey Hopkins

DE - Za’Darius Smith
DT - Sheldon Rankins
NT - Derrick Brown
DE - DeMarcus Lawrence
LB - Tremaine Edmunds
LB - Rashaan Evans
CB - Rock Ya-Sin
CB - Kendall Fuller
NB - Byron Murphy
S - Antoine Winfield Jr
S - Juan Thornhill

DE - Markus Golden
DE - Trey Hendrickson
DE - Zach Sieler
DT - Kingsley Keke
DT - Quinnen Williams
CB/S - Lamarcus Joyner
CB - Jeff Gladney
CB - Pierre Desir

Williamsport Soul Reavers

OFFENSE:
QB: Ben Roethlisberger
RB: Derrick Henry
TE: Vance McDonald 
WR1: Calvin Ridley
WR2: Michael Gallup
WR3: David Moore
LT: Charles Leo 
LG: Dion Dawkins
C : JC Tretter 
RG: Mark Glowinski
RT: DJ Humphries 

Bench:
QB: Taysom Hill
RB: Ronald Jones II
RB: Frank Gore 
TE: Robert Tonyan
WR4: Julian Edleman - if he doesn't play, Guyton will move into his role.
WR5: Jaylen Guyton 
WR6: Olamide Zaccheus 
OG: Cesar Ruiz 

DEFENSE:
LDE:  Leonard Williams
NT: Javon Hargrave
RDE: Cam Heyward
LOLB: Brian Burns
ILB: Jerome Baker
ILB: Devon Kennard
ROLB: Shaq Barrett
CB: Darius Slay
CB: Carlton Davis 
FS: Quandre Diggs
SS: Adrian Phillips 

Bench:
NT: Tyson Alualu 
DE: Jonathan Hankins
OLB: Kyle Fackrell
ILB: Jordyn Brooks
NCB: Tayvon Mullen
CB: Cam Sutton
CB: Jimmy Smith
S/LB: Jeremy Chinn 

Berlin Blitzkrieg

Offense

Overview - Attack the LBs, use the pass game to open up the run, let Rodgers throw it all over.

3 WR - 50% - We are going to move our WRs around this week with each moving into and out of the slot to see which matchup we like best and get presnap reads.  Look for a fair amount of jet sweep and end around motion as we want to find ways to get the ball into their hands on a regular basis and supplement the run game with Jones out.  They will run every type of route as we trust Rodgers to read the defense and find the open man.  

With no Bush and Kwon, we are going to challenge the replacement LBs of WSR to make the correct read and find the ball.  Building off our WR motion, we are going to go back to our stretch runs as neither edge guys for WSR have been particularly stout against the run.  We will use Jackson for about 15 pure carries and McFarland for another 10.  Both will get chances in the pass game.

We are going to incorporate an inside run as well once their LBs start flowing too much off motion.  We are going to use duo double teams against the two DL as they have some very stout players inside.  Henry will cut off the OLB to his side and the OT to the non-TE side will have the other OLB.  The other OT and OG to his side double the DT in front of them and C and other OG double the man in front of them.  This allows one guy on each double team to move up to the second level which should be helped if we can get those LBs moving out of position.

We will use some screens and draws here as well to further confuse their substitute LBs.

There will be playaction built off of these run actions to take our deeper shots to pick up chunk plays.

2 TE - 25% - We are going to move Irv around this formation to give us a blocking advantage in the run game.  We are also going to use both TEs in the pass game to attack the replacements at LB especially down the middle if they go cover 2.  We will also split one or both TEs out to see how the defense responds.  Based on whether or not they move a guy, we might get the ball out quick to the WR and use the TE to block.

4 WR/1TE - 25% - Kirk will come in for the RB.  This gets our 4 best weapons this week on the field.  We will put a WR in motion almost every time and look for quick slants, outs, end arounds, jet sweeps, and WR/TE screens to serve as our run game.  We will split Henry out at times to serve as a blocker on WR screens.  If need be, we will have Henry chip the edge rusher to his side, but we doubt that will be necessary.

Look for plenty of quick bootlegs by Rodgers to move the pocket and allow him the opportunity to run for cheap yards.

Defense

Overview - Lots of man, load up the box, win on the line.

3 WR - Thornhill sits deep middle.  Kendall gets Ridley, Rock gets Gallup, Byron gets Edelman.  Winfield plays up in the box and takes Tonyan.  Tremaine and Rashaan are focused on Henry and the run game.  We will have 8 in the box every down to limit the run game which should limit their playaction ability.

We think our DL can win at the LOS which is very important against Henry.

If Henry splits out, Tremaine will follow him in man and Rashaan will come on an inside blitz to test their OL with Ford out.

We will use some Cover 3 zone in obvious passing downs like 3rd and long so we can come up and make the tackle.

2 TE set - Quinnen comes in for Byron to give us a 3-4 defense.  Thornhill sits deep middle.  Kendall takes Ridley and Rock takes Gallup.  Winfield plays up in the box and has the TE.  Our LBs play the run.

4 WR - Winfield takes the other slot WR(which he has done for the Bucs) and everything else stays the same as 3 WR.

Williamsport Soul Reavers

OFFENSE:

This week we fan the undefeated Berlin Blitzkreig. Berlin has a solid defense so we are going to have to get a little creative here. First of all, Ronald Jones & Frank Gore will help in the running game to keep Derrick Henry fresh.

We are going to use the running game and lot in this game, in hopes to wear down the Dline and control the time of possession. We once again will feature some 2 RB looks and 2 TE looks. We will not be implementing the wishbone this week. We are going to use Jones and Henry to grind the clock with the goal of keeping Berlin's offense on the sidelines.

We will also use Derrick Henry in the passing game out of the backfield, he has been getting used there more this season by the Titans and has had quality success doing it. We will also use passing out of the backfield Henry and an occasional WR screen with Taysom Hill and/or Calvin Ridley to help neutralize the blitz likely to come from Berlin.

We want to use misdirection and counter plays to try to get the opposition off balance. Singletary formations will make an appearance in this game as well, as a way to spread out the defense and keep heavier formations off of the field.

In our passing game initially we are going to run Ridley and Gallup deep in aim for some big plays down field, however if they are covered it should open the underneath receivers for some success. . Once again we will get the TEs involved in the middle or the field and on "7" routes moving toward the endzone.

David Moore will also work the middle out of the slot. I plan to spread out the secondary with 4 and 5 WR sets as well. If they match CBs to our WRs in 5 WR sets we will pick on Desir. Most of our passing with our WRs however will come out of 3 WR formations. When we aren't running Ridley and Gallup deep we will uylize them on slants, corner, and quick out routes to get separation. Ben will have his pump fake on full display as well.

One thing we are going to add this week which we haven't really done this season is presnap motions to get a better read on man vs. Zone. If they play more zone i feel we can take advantage of the quickness and separation ability of Ridley and Gallup, if they play more man it should open our TEs, Henry, and David Moore up underneath. 
In heavier WR formations we will bring Edleman, Zaccheus, and Guyton on in a rotation.

The major thing we did this week is address rhe OL. DJ Humphries played RT in his first 2 NFL seasons and Dawkins was drafted as an OG. Humphries will continue to play at RT, Dawkins will slide to LG and Leno will start at LT. Mark Hlowinski will start at RG and there will be no change at C.

DEFENSE:

First and foremost, with Aaron Jones inactive we expect Berlin to try to spread out our defense and pass the ball against our defense. 

Secondly we are going to do something in this game we have not done in any other game this season. Our CBs will have specific assignments.

Darius Slay > OBJ
Carlton Davis > Marquise Brown
Trayvon Mullen > Brandon Aiyuk

Now when it comes to MVS and Christian Kirk, if they come on, so will Cameron Sutton (he eill.cover the 4th WR with safety help over the top in the event of a 5th WR). We will have Jones play on Kirk and Sutton play on MVS. 

We will be running a lot of nickel in this game. Trayvon Mullen will not only be responsible for covering Aiyuk but spying him as well as a possible 'gadget' player and running back. We will also allow the LBs on the field in both Nickel and base (1 OLB, 1 ILB n this situation) to handle the running back(s).

We anticipate Anthony McFarland being the bell cow with Jones inactive. We will trust our LBs and Secondary to limit his success if he should run. We want our defense playing disciplined, sticking to their gaps and assignments. We also expect Tevin Coleman and Justin Jackson to be involved with Aaron Jones not being active.

*We will adjust away from heavier sets and to more dime and nickel sets should Jones not play*

We are dialing up a 43% blitz in this game. We want to be all up in Aaron Rodgers' Grill. Now, I know what you're thinking, we didn't account for Henry but in actuality, I just didn't get there yet. When Henry is on the field with 3 WRs it means that its a single back formation, we will use our dime formation with Baker and Barrett remaining on the as rhe LBs, Chinn will become responsible for Henry. In situations where there is only 2 WRs and 1 TE on the field, Mullen will become responsible for Henry (whichever CBs assignment isn't on the field will shift their focus to the TE or RB.) 

I'm not going to specifically keep the Safeties deep in this game the entire time. They will remain deep in 4 & 5 WR situations. In 3 WR situations Diggs will play deeper and Phillips will creep up into upper center field to help in the middle but if more than one WR runs deep, I want Phillips immediately dropping back. 

We want to keep everything in front of us and limit the run game first and foremost. In Nickel situations, Baker, Barrett and Kennard will be on the field. 

In 2 TE situations I will run more of a base defense with Jerome Baker and Shaq Barrett being responsible for Jones, Baker for Henry & Kennard Keane (or the other TE). In these formations I will also take Phillips off the field and replace him with Chinn who i want assisting rhe pass defense with anything in the middle and Diggs will play protective coverage over the time. 

We respect these WRs too much to play too much zone so we will play 60% man in this game. Which makes assignments on Aaron Jones that much more important. 

Now, on the defensive line, one other thing we are going to do is, when Berlin is in a heavier set we are going to have Cam Heyward lineup directly over Hunter Henry. We like this match up a lot. We are going to use an Under Blitz in this regard, forcing Henry to either block or risk giving up a sack to Cam or the LB that would be potentially running free if Henry does in fact bliock Cam.
We are going to die up some heavier personnel blitzes as well as 3 and 4 man rushes. 

A few times in this game we are going to go 'off scripts. While nearly every time they have 4 or 5 WRs on the we will provide the substantial coverage, we are going to throw a couple heavy blitzes with 3 LBs and rhe 3 Man D line at them from both sides forcing Rodgers to quick release the football and remain in the pocket hoping for either a sack or a poor throw and interception. (Expect 3 of these in the game). 

Rodgers with that receiving group is just to good against terrible linebackers who have to do all the work. Ben will throw a few picks.

Justin Jackson behind that OL is good, he's shown me enough. Can't say the same on the other side of the ball against a patchwork OL. Williamsport have a couple guys who can plug the run but can't rush the passer.

Berlin 21-17 

I think Calvin Ridley has some success but Robert Tonyan + Vance McDonald aren't even half a Dallas Goedert, which is a big loss. Berlin has a diverse wr core.

I can't see Derrick Henry having success behind that line whereas Berlin has a better line and Justin Jackson has shown me enough as a runner and receiver.

Can you not accuse me of bias. I have consistent, principled reasons for my voting. I have voted for your team on multiple occasions this season. I cannot possibly be biased or have flawed voting.

If I can interject, since @wwhickok tagged me in the main thread about this. 

I don't think we can go on accusing other owners of voting bias after they give a valid reason for voting against you versus a top 3 roster in this league. Now I realize you two have beef, that's obvious. But he gave a reason for his voting, and you're 10000% to disagree with it, but starting a firestorm over it and accusing foul play is too much. Can Lukic never vote against you now? I've seen threads this year with you up almost 10 votes, get a vote against you and you turn it into a fight. 

You have one of the best teams in the league right now, please don't threaten to quit over losing a vote (not even the game) against an equally dominant roster. We got into a rut a couple years ago where people threatened to quit constantly when they ran into an issue and it was, to me, the worst time I've ever had in this league. I don't wanna go down that route again. 

Can we all get along?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jlash said:

If I can interject, since @wwhickok tagged me in the main thread about this. 

I don't think we can go on accusing other owners of voting bias after they give a valid reason for voting against you versus a top 3 roster in this league. Now I realize you two have beef, that's obvious. But he gave a reason for his voting, and you're 10000% to disagree with it, but starting a firestorm over it and accusing foul play is too much. Can Lukic never vote against you now? I've seen threads this year with you up almost 10 votes, get a vote against you and you turn it into a fight. 

You have one of the best teams in the league right now, please don't threaten to quit over losing a vote (not even the game) against an equally dominant roster. We got into a rut a couple years ago where people threatened to quit constantly when they ran into an issue and it was, to me, the worst time I've ever had in this league. I don't wanna go down that route again. 

Can we all get along?

kid mero platanos GIF by Desus & Mero

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

But for some reason everyone in this league is too scared to call him out on it.

I don't anyone is scared to call anyone out. We all see the back and forth, and to everyone in the league it seems very trivial. You get offended, he gets offended, everyone else has to sit here and sift through it. I think you both need to be separated, like we're in grade school. 

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

only to later mock me

He mocked you, I saw that. But he gave a legitimate reason for voting against you after that and what exactly are we supposed to do as a league with that? Have a trial? I really don't know what to do with stuff like this.

Just now, wwhickok said:

The fact you can't admit that his initial vote/explanation was bias as **** when it is completely obvious is part of the problem.

As for the what do you want us to do as a league, trust me when I tell you that you don't want me to answer that.

He mocked you, but his reasoning was as valid as anyone else who would've voted the same way. There is nothing that can be done with that, man.