BDL 2020 Week 7 - Berlin Blitzkrieg @ Williamsport Soul Reavers

rackcs

Berlin Blitzkrieg @ Williamsport Soul Reavers  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Berlin Blitzkrieg
    • Williamsport Soul Reavers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/29/2020 at 04:01 AM

Just now, wwhickok said:

Lol replacement LBs? Baker, Kennard, Barrett, and Burns are all starters. Plus he has to deal with Williams (a good run stopper), Hargrave, and Cam Heyward(one of the best 3-4 DEs in the league).

Nah.. he isn't very good, and he isn't doing **** against that Defense.

Baker and Kennard are replacements for Kwon and Bush.  Barrett and Burns have already been schooled by my OTs.

And I agree you have solid DTs.  Which is why I schemed for them.

But why are you debating?  You already gave up.

On 10/26/2020 at 5:39 AM, rackcs said:

Berlin Blitzkrieg

Defense

Overview - Lots of man, load up the box, win on the line.

3 WR - Thornhill sits deep middle.  Kendall gets Ridley, Rock gets Gallup, Byron gets Edelman.  Winfield plays up in the box and takes Tonyan.  Tremaine and Rashaan are focused on Henry and the run game.  We will have 8 in the box every down to limit the run game which should limit their playaction ability.

13 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

What are people basing that on? Because I'm running more than passing? I'm still passing the ball. 

You are, but Berlin is committing to stacking the box every down. Henry will churn out some yards, but he's running into a loaded front all game.

9 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Yes I had to replace my LBs. But Baker and Kennard are both good run stoppers. Because I have injuries it makes guys I bring in trash? Great logic. 

This lopsided results of this game just proved, as if it needed to be, that unless you have big names at all positions you'll never be relevant in this league. So really, whats the point. 

They certainly aren't as good as your starters...otherwise they'd be starting.

Or, maybe I have a good team and made a good gameplan.

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Thats fair but he is also not the only one running. We aren't JUST running up the gut. But at least you're applying some sensible logic. That makes 1 person on this thread 

But ill also so this. With 8 men in the box every down... Ridley, Gallup and Moore would likely murder the 3 ppl bot in the box. Berlin would get beat deep quite a bjt.

Nah, I think our CBs match up just fine to your WRs.  Plus, we have centerfielder extraordinaire Juan playing deep.

Never saw Jackson play, and the stats don't give him much cred, not sure why Berlin didn't just go 4 WR base.  Rodgers will get his, but WSR gets plenty of stops as I don't think they're overly susceptible to the big play.  I like the blitzing and think they get some pressure.  There are some weird scenarios with Berlin Double Teaming both DTs and WSR lining Jordan over Henry, but gotta cover them bases, I guess.  Yeah, WSRs O Line isn't a world beating unit, but with a run heavy plan I can see it being effective enough for Henry to get his, but he's a north south guy and here he's being utilized in the pass game to...get him to the outside?  I think Ben to Ridley would be very effective IRL and for some reason both teams just kind of passed over that detail.  In the end this is Week 7 between 2 good teams, not the BizzBowl.  I think its kind of an ugly slog and that type of game favors WSR at home.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Allow me to rewind and apologize. This got blown way out of proportion and turned into something I didn't intend.  Someone said something I didn't quite understand, u questioned it but could've responded better and it spiraled from there. 

Lots of apologies recently.  That's cool, but have fun man.

This game lives up to the hype I think. Berlin is going to be a bit one dimensional here without a solid rushing threat but Rodgers is going to get his this year, especially with this solid group of receivers. On the other hand, Berlin had a good game plan, stacking the box to help shut down Henry. Berlin stacks the box to make Roethlisberger beat him and Roethlisberger struggling a bit this week gives the edge to Berlin. Very close matchup.