Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
WizardHawk

Around the NFL - Week 8

Recommended Posts

Just now, The_Slamman said:

And yet he’s got as many wins on the season as Dak.  Crazy right?

The Pats have as many wins as the Cowboys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

The Pats have as many wins as the Cowboys. 

That’s what happens when a slew of players opt out for the season and you have no offensive skill position players to speak of. Tom Brady was their offense.

How do you think the teams would have fared last season had our respective QBs swapped teams? My guess is the Pats would’ve gone 6-10 and we would’ve gone 12-4 with a deep run in the playoffs.

Edited by plan9misfit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

That’s what happens when a slew of players opt out for the season and you have no offensive skill position players to speak of. Tom Brady was their offense.

How do you think the teams would have fared last season had our respective QBs swapped teams? My guess is the Pats would’ve gone 6-10 and we would’ve gone 12-4 with a deep run in the playoffs.

Disagree about the records. The Pats had a top ~3 defense last year and won most of their games on the back of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had to take the damn Taco...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Disagree about the records. The Pats had a top ~3 defense last year and won most of their games on the back of it. 

Great job at literally undermining the player you claim to covet. In other words, New England fails with our QB, and Dallas would’ve succeeded with theirs.

Just as I said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Great job at literally undermining the player you claim to covet. In other words, New England fails with our QB, and Dallas would’ve succeeded with theirs.

Just as I said.

Thats literally not what I said at all. I think the records would be near the same if you flip-flopped them. Dak played better than Brady last year; on par at worst. The Pats won games because of their defense. The Cowboys lost games because their defense/special teams/etc. 

Winning in the NFL is most reliant on 1. your QB playing efficient and 2. Your defense making the other teams QB inefficient.  The Pats could do #2, we couldnt. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats literally not what I said at all. I think the records would be near the same if you flip-flopped them. Dak played better than Brady last year; on par at worst. The Pats won games because of their defense. The Cowboys lost games because their defense/special teams/etc. 

Winning in the NFL is most reliant on 1. your QB playing efficient and 2. Your defense making the other teams QB inefficient.  The Pats could do #2, we couldnt. 

You see Mahomes have a not so great game, but his defense/special teams are able to do enough/make plays to bail him out. You see it with Jackson, you've seen it with Brady, Rodgers, etc. 

Hasn't really happened for a while here in Dallas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WizardHawk said:

Desmond King traded to Titans for 6th rd pick per Rap. 
 

LOL

WTF? Why would they not pull the trigger on that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, D82 said:
3 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Desmond King traded to Titans for 6th rd pick per Rap. 
 

LOL

WTF? Why would they not pull the trigger on that?

Last year of his contract. Can pick him up in the offseason maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matts4313 said:

Last year of his contract. Can pick him up in the offseason maybe.

Would be an immense upgrade over what we have though, and you could get him in the building now and see how he fits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, D82 said:

Would be an immense upgrade over what we have though, and you could get him in the building now and see how he fits. 

And accidently win a game? Screw that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

And accidently win a game? Screw that. 

Meh...fair. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jimmy G out indefinitely.
George Kittle out for 8 weeks with broken foot.

Boooo. Dallas plays SF in 6 weeks. 

Edited by WizardHawk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...