GOTW | Week 6 | Michigan State @ #7 Michigan

IDOG_det

Just now, PAW said:

I'd be afraid to throw it as well with O'Korn's performance.

I mean you're not gonna win with less than 5-6 mins left just running the ball(which isn't working either). If you don't trust O'Korn to throw it put the backup in. Not like it can get worse than what O'Korn has done.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

He's 61, doubt he wants to start over somewhere else.

I'm not talking about now, it is obvious he isn't going anywhere at this point.  But they've been overachieving for a while.  I've just never heard him linked with a big job over the last 5 or so years when he is basically on everyone's top ten list.

3 minutes ago, PAW said:

I've always wondered why Dantonio is still at MSU.  I know they were awful last year, but he always seems to do more with less.

Agreed. Like @TitanLegend said, I think it's age at this point, but he's one of the most underrated coaches in the game.

1 minute ago, PAW said:

I'm not talking about now, it is obvious he isn't going anywhere at this point.  But they've been overachieving for a while.  I've just never heard him linked with a big job over the last 5 or so years when he is basically on everyone's top ten list.

If he were 10 years younger, I think he'd have ended up at a big school a few years ago. Big schools don't tend to go for the guys who are in the 56-60 range. Rocky Long has the same problem.

Just now, jrry32 said:

If he were 10 years younger, I think he'd have ended up at a big school a few years ago. Big schools don't tend to go for the guys who are in the 56-60 range. Rocky Long has the same problem.

I guess teams are going younger (wouldn't have seen all these 30 something year old coaches a decade ago), I just don't see 55 being that old for a head coach.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

So when does Harbaugh start getting some questions about being unable to beat his biggest rivals? Likely to be 1-5 vs them after the Ohio State game this year, the only win coming over a 3-9 MSU team.

Next year is the year. He losses to msu and ohio st next year, people will start questions.

1 minute ago, PAW said:

I guess teams are going younger (wouldn't have seen all these 30 something year old coaches a decade ago), I just don't see 55 being that old for a head coach.

It's not, but when you have the pick of the litter, do you go for the 55 year old or the 40 year old? That's the problem. I also have a feeling that Dantonio isn't out there pushing for a bigger job.

Archived