Bears Vs. Saints GDT

CBears019

16 hours ago, WindyCity said:

It is. Just not nearly as much as we wanted it to be or promised it would be.

The Bears are playing better defenses with 3 backup OLmen playing. Foles hasn’t been good, but to think MItch would be playing better is not rooted in reality.

It's not though. It's getting worse (See the Bears weekly DVOA which does take defenses into account). The Panthers game is good proof of this (not a good defense). 

Better defenses and poor OL is not an excuse for terrible throws/decision making when those throws have had very little to effect the outcome of the play themselves. Even when the OL breaks down or the WRs cant get separation, there are atleast a dozen plays that Mitch's mobility would've come in handy and turned a negative play into a positive like he did against Giants. 

22 hours ago, Sugashane said:

@JAF-N72EX

For the post about Miller I think his catch percentage is fine, but he has had numerous routes where he (apparently) ran the wrong route or made the wrong read for an option route. 

That being said he is clearly better than Ross. The positive with Ross is that in FA he has little leverage and likely gets near the min. Miller will have demand. 

Oh I've seen the poor route running at times, his immature behavior,  playing smaller than his size. I recognize these things.

But I've also seen him get open and not be targeted at all. I've watched him get wide open in the end zone and Foles just check down 2 yards despite rolling in the same direction. I've also seen people blame him for unnecessary reasons. 

Remember last week vs the Rams people were criticizing him for "going backwards' on a 3rd down and not getting the 1st? These people don't realize that he and Graham were both running crossing routes and it was Graham who was late to get to his spot where he was supposed to drive OVER Miller to create a pick and free him up. Instead he was late and both of them almost ran into each other so Miller step backwards to avoid him at the same time the pass was being thrown. By the time he caught the pass his momentum was already driving backwards and he was trying to make up for it. 

Both QBs are equally as terrible. But when you have a battered OL a mobile QB can atleast make something out of nothing on some occasions as opposed to just taking a sack or throwing the ball into a defenders hands in the end zone out of fear. 

Nagy made a huge mistake by benching Mitch so early in the season when we were 3-0. As I've said it before, I understand it, but I don't agree with it. He should've waited until mid-season.

Nagy (like some fans) thought too highly of Foles.

However, starting Mitch again this early after benching him for only 5 games in place of Foles would send a bad message to the locker room and the only thing holding this team together right now is camaraderie built by Nagy. The second he starts to lose that then the locker room is lost and we start losing consecutive games by a large margin and Nagy is gone at the end of the season. 

6 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

It's not though. It's getting worse (See the Bears weekly DVOA which does take defenses into account). The Panthers game is good proof of this (not a good defense). 

Better defenses and poor OL is not an excuse for terrible throws/decision making when those throws have had very little to effect the outcome of the play themselves. Even when the OL breaks down or the WRs cant get separation, there are atleast a dozen plays that Mitch's mobility would've come in handy and turned a negative play into a positive like he did against Giants. 

There is also a handful of deep passes that Mitch would not complete.

They are both terrible and it really doesn’t matter. But much of Mitch’s success was in games where they ran the ball well, which is non-existent now.

18 hours ago, WindyCity said:

There is also a handful of deep passes that Mitch would not complete.

They are both terrible and it really doesn’t matter. But much of Mitch’s success was in games where they ran the ball well, which is non-existent now.

Both are terrible downfield. Mitch's feet and deep throws have us into position to win games. 

We had a decent run game with Cohen. Replacing him for Petterson is night and day. But yes, I agree, it doesn't matter. This offense went from bad to terrible no matter how you look at it.

5 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Both are terrible downfield. Mitch's feet and deep throws have us into position to win games. 

We had a decent run game with Cohen. Replacing him for Petterson is night and day. But yes, I agree, it doesn't matter. This offense went from bad to terrible no matter how you look at it.

Nick Foles 12 of 28 on passes 20 yards or longer = 42% 

Mitch Trubisky 2 of 15 on passes 20 yards of longer = 13%

Info gathered from @NextGenStats