Bears Vs. Saints GDT

CBears019

6 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

At 5-3 Im not calling it, I said we either beat the Saints or Titans....watch we pull out a crazy win next week.

I actually like this team, I just think we need to do a DRASTIC move for the OL...I know it sounds crazy but the same as a QB type move....just a 2nd rounder for a top guy type of of move

The head coach is a flaming hot mess and the QB sucks.

You could trade for the best OT in the league and that isn’t changing.

• Like 1

This is still a 9-10 win team right now, despite how badly the offense is playing. This team fights hard for Nagy and hasn't given up.

The team could lose the next 3 games and be 5-6 but we still have the Lions and Texans at home and the Vikes and Jaguars on the road in next 4 games after that.

This may be yet another year where our deciding fate comes down to week 17 at home against the Packers. 

It's still far too early to tell though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Epyon said:

Our next starting QB won't have Robinson anyhow. We can't afford him next season. His value to our next QB is the OL we draft with that pick.

Miller is too inconsistent to be counted on for our hypothetical rookie QB regardless. He drops passes, frequently runs the wrong routes, doesn't have deep threat speed, has zero game awareness towards adjusting his routes to the sticks, half ***** his blocks, and has shown ZERO ability to get YAC or make a guy miss (as can often be seen when we continue inexplicably running him on jet sweeps).... His ability to get open is kind of irrelevant with all of those other factors weighing him down, and I think he'd do well to go out to a team where he doesn't need to use his head quite as much.  He's got physical talent to get open, and can probably find a home on a more wide open and simplified offense. I'd add, in this hypothetical, I'm also trying to pick up Andy Isabella off the cards as Miller's replacement and another deep threat/speed option.

Ross has 10 TDs in 27 games.compared to Miller's 11 in 38... He has game breaking speed that can be paired with Mooney's to really put pressure on a defense, and (perhaps most importantly) he'll cost us almost nothing to acquire. Even a 6th rounder for him is a pretty solid deal, considering how useless 6th rounders often are. None of our recent 6th-7th rounders have made the field in at least the past 2 years.

As for play action only working with a decent running game, the run game also can open up when you have  a credible passing game forcing coverage off. We saw that tonight after Mooney hit the big play using play action, Monty started being able to get going a tiny bit better in the running game because coverage started playing back more. Fact is, none of our WRs are blocking on the perimeter for any kind of outside runs/screen game..... so they might as well be speedy little **** that can "block" by forcing coverage deeper.

Let's not pretend to know what our cap space is going to be after an unusual off-season before it happens. There is also alot of changes that can happen between now and then that neither of us foresee. 

1 hour ago, Epyon said:

He drops passes, frequently runs the wrong routes, doesn't have deep threat speed, has zero game awareness towards adjusting his routes to the sticks, half ***** his blocks, and has shown ZERO ability to get YAC or make a guy miss (as can often be seen when we continue inexplicably running him on jet sweeps)....

Care to provide to proof of all of this compared to other WRs? Or is this just an assumption after a loss in a tough game?

1 hour ago, Epyon said:

Ross has 10 TDs in 27 games.compared to Miller's 11 in 38... He has game breaking speed that can be paired with Mooney's to really put pressure on a defense, and (perhaps most importantly) he'll cost us almost nothing to acquire. Even a 6th rounder for him is a pretty solid deal, considering how useless 6th rounders often are. None of our recent 6th-7th rounders have made the field in at least the past 2 years.

TD numbers are not the end all be all. I don't care about TD numbers. I care about HOW they got them and WHY. 

Ross has played 1 year longer than Miller. Why do you think he hasn't played in as many games as Miller? He can't catch and he's a terrible route runner--the same things you're trying to replace Miller for.

Miller has a consistent catch rate of 61% in his first 3 years and Ross has never had anything close to that in 4 years despite both of them playing in god awful offenses. 

Ross has been beaten out by Tyler Boyd for christ sake lol. (Same WR taken a year before and he's nothing special). Ross is trash. He is strictly a track runner. I want nothing to do with him even at a cheap price. 

1 hour ago, Epyon said:

As for play action only working with a decent running game, the run game also can open up when you have  a credible passing game forcing coverage off. We saw that tonight after Mooney hit the big play using play action, Monty started being able to get going a tiny bit better in the running game because coverage started playing back more. Fact is, none of our WRs are blocking on the perimeter for any kind of outside runs/screen game..... so they might as well be speedy little **** that can "block" by forcing coverage deeper.

The defense playing off coverage on Mooney had nothing to do with the play-action play. It was more of respecting his speed. The same way he was able to get on shorter plays by using the off-coverage against them. 

Again, i'm getting the feeling that your reactions are being based solely on this game and not the body of work in it's entirety or how the play-action works.

There are 3 things you need for the play action to work effectively and we don't have either of those right now. 1) A run game that the defense has to respect. 2) A QB who can properly sell the play-action. 3) Ab OL who can push/pull to the outside.  

2 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Let's not pretend to know what our cap space is going to be after an unusual off-season before it happens. There is also alot of changes that can happen between now and then that neither of us foresee.

Does it really matter if the cap is lowered or not? We can't afford him because the pick we'd get from trading him, and the money we'd not be spending on him, is better spent elsewhere, particularly the offensive line.

Care to provide to proof of all of this compared to other WRs? Or is this just an assumption after a loss in a tough game?

I'm genuinely baffled that you don't already have proof of this. There's literally 2 years of film on Miller already confirming every one of those points. As for today's game being a factor or not, I actually thought today was his BEST game at least this season for us, and he still made multiple costly plays.

TD numbers are not the end all be all. I don't care about TD numbers. I care about HOW they got them and WHY. 

Ross has played 1 year longer than Miller. Why do you think he hasn't played in as many games as Miller? He can't catch and he's a terrible route runner--the same things you're trying to replace Miller for.

Miller has a consistent catch rate of 61% in his first 3 years and Ross has never had anything close to that in 4 years despite both of them playing in god awful offenses. 

Ross has been beaten out by Tyler Boyd for christ sake lol. (Same WR taken a year before and he's nothing special). Ross is trash. He is strictly a track runner. I want nothing to do with him even at a cheap price. 

Failure to produce TD numbers is why we don't win games.... Explosive plays help yield TDs. 

As to why why he hasn't played in as many games as Miller? That should be obvious considering his injury history keeping him off the field for much of that time.

Regarding catch rate....You do realize Ross and Miller play entirely different roles in an offense, right? One is a one dimensional deep threat... the other is... good at getting open and making nearly as many terrible plays per game as he does decent plays. You also seemingly keep acting like Ross is somehow a direct replacement for Miller, when his usage would be more akin to about half of what Mooney currently is. He'd literally be brought in specifically to be a track star sprinting down the field on a limited route tree and threatening the deep ball, or stressing a defense opposite Mooney to

Again, i'm getting the feeling that your reactions are being based solely on this game and not the body of work in it's entirety or how the play-action works.

Except my reactions have very little to do with this game specifically, beyond this game continuing an already established and escalating pattern of failure.

From another board... 

Nick Foles has now thrown an interception in 6 straight games, the longest active streak in the NFL.

Foles also ties Jay Cutler for the longest such streak by a Bears QB in the last 30 years.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, G08 said:

From another board... 

Nick Foles has now thrown an interception in 6 straight games, the longest active streak in the NFL.

Foles also ties Jay Cutler for the longest such streak by a Bears QB in the last 30 years.

Foles is bad. Pace hung his hat on Mitch and Nagy hung his hat on Foles.

Time for all heads to roll.

Edited by WindyCity
  • Like 3

Bears win 3, maybe 4, more games. Ill give them one of the Vikings games, Lions and Jaguars as wins. Perhaps the Texans. Cook will run wild, and Rodgers will carve up this D. Their playoff hopes could come down to the final game against the Packers at home. I'm torn on whether I hope they make the playoffs. Of course anything can happen if they do but I just don't think they are a very good football team. I think I would prefer draft capital. 

4 hours ago, G08 said:

From another board... 

I'm sure he will secure the record.

1 hour ago, 41st ward Chicagoian said:

I’d rather watch Mitch Struggle and hope just hope something clicked while he was bench.  Instead of watching Foles flat out suck

Yup. Foles is leading us nowhere behind this OL.  He also has no long term potential here.

This is not a SB caliber team so why are they wasting starts with a QB who simply is being underutilized and ineffective?

At this point at least let Mitch audition for his next team no? It might bring out something in him.

• Like 1

I'd rather just trade Mitch today, tbh..... New England might be willing to take a shot at redeeming him, and worst case scenario he can at least run the scheme Cam does as a hybrid runner/thrower

EDIT and yes, I'm also aware Foles is taking us no where, but frankly I'm already in the "burn this house down" stage, and have been for a few games. Clean house, and rebuild with a mind towards whoever we draft next year.

Edited by Epyon

4 minutes ago, Epyon said:

EDIT and yes, I'm also aware Foles is taking us no where, but frankly I'm already in the "burn this house down" stage, and have been for a few games. Clean house, and rebuild with a mind towards whoever we draft next year.

Not gonna happen my friend. You'll see them get one more swing at a QB to save their *****.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

God help us all.

It's going to happen.

Foles will be the bridge next season, if he plays well the kid will sit his rookie season. Might even sit his second season if Foles plays better.

We need a young QB in the pipeline and these dudes will want to cover their butts. I don't know if it will be a first round pick or a trade-up based on what happened with Trubisky, but I could see our 2nd rounder being packaged or taking a Mac Jones if he's there. Fun times.

44 minutes ago, G08 said:

You'll see them get one more swing at a QB to save their *****.

This is what I'm afraid of, tbh.

Then we'll end up with a lame duck coach/GM and a rook QB who may or may not fit what our next gm/hc wanted....just like when we had Trubisky and Fox paired together.

• Like 1