Bears Vs. Saints GDT

CBears019

19 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

If the season ended today we would be 8th in the conference and miss the playoffs with a 5-3 record while either the 3-5 Cowboys or 3-4-1 Eagles have the 4th spot in the playoffs.

I hate to talk like this but my missing the playoffs would probably be the best thing for this team. It would perhaps force someone higher up to make drastic changes. 

I believe we're all kidding ourselves if we believe this team has a chance to do any damage come January.  Having a really good defense means nothing when you have one of the worst, if not the worst offenses in the NFL.

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

I hate to talk like this but my missing the playoffs would probably be the best thing for this team. It would perhaps force someone higher up to make drastic changes. 

I believe we're all kidding ourselves if we believe this team has a chance to do any damage come January.  Having a really good defense means nothing when you have one of the worst, if not the worst offenses in the NFL.

How many wins do you see for them for the rest of the season.

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

I hear you. But Like I said, alot can happen in the playoffs and I'm never behind my team just giving up just for a better pick that isn't anymore guaranteed than what you would get anyhow. Alot can happen in the playoffs. 

4 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Realistically, the Bears are going to be nowhere near Fields or Lawrence.  Maybe not even Trey Lance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Realistically, the Bears are going to be nowhere near Fields or Lawrence.  Maybe not even Trey Lance.

That's fine. At least they'll be closer to firing Nagy. I don't want him grooming the next QB even if they were magically able to get one of those top guys.

My plan as of right now:

1. Trade Robinson-WR: I don't think we can afford him next season, and he can be a real weapon to a "win now" team.... Just don't give him to Green Bay.

2. Try and trade Miller-WR: He actually showed up in today's game and was a semi reliable guy for 3 quarters of play..... Then he ran 2 yards short of the sticks on third down and had a key drop. Inconsistency and low IQ plays are his M.O. but he does have talent, and can probably be sold by claiming he was just misused here. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if he had a decent-good career on a non potato offense.  

3. Kmet starts the rest of the season. He had one of the worst plays of the day today, nearly giving up a fumble inside our own 20... But Graham was an even bigger liability today than Harris has been the rest of the season. Why is this position ALWAYS so terrible for us?

4. I don't care either way if Wims is cut or stays. At a minimum Ridley just passed him on the depth chart.

5. I don't want to see Ryan Nall for a while. He wasn't BAD today in his one reception that I saw, but there's just nothing there. He not dynamic enough to make a dude miss on the checkdown passes he gets, and despite his size, he goes down as easily as Cohen does.  Get A. Pierce in there, so we can see what that kid has going for him, before we have to go dumpster diving in the later rounds for RBs next season...

6. Trade for Andy Isabella-WR and John Ross-WR..... The deep ball off play action can actually work for us. Mooney can stretch the field, but we need at least a second guy.  Isabella could instantly upgrade the offense over Miller, but he'll be a bigger trade. Ross would likely only cost us one of those useless picks we throw away literally every year for a guy who we end up cutting regardless.

7. Scour practice squads and find us a gdamn offensive lineman who wants to play ball. It seriously cannot be this hard to find an upgrade over Coward.

8. Trade Hicks. We need picks, and he is getting old, and still has good value. I don't think he's still going to be at the level we need him to be at in 2-3 years when we're actually in a spot to compete with a revamped offense.

Edited by Epyon

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm fairly certain Wilson will end up as QB3 over Lance and go in the 10-15 range.

I personally have him over Fields right now too, but I'm WAY lower on Fields than seemingly everyone else.

12 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Don’t care. His effort level is pathetic. He runs routes soft and won’t block anyone.

I can't really argue against that. He was pathetic today.

Looked disinterested and like he was just going through motions which explains the easy drops. 

It's as if he's realized that signing with the Bears is where offensive players go to die.

16 minutes ago, Epyon said:

8. Trade Hicks. We need picks, and he is getting old, and still has good value. I don't think he's still going to be at the level we need him to be at in 2-3 years when we're actually in a spot to compete with a revamped offense.

xD

That's a dream pal. We say this all the time yet it rarely ever happens.

Football gods just don't want Bears to be good on O so they cursed them with a bunch of incompetence.

• Like 1