Titans trade for Desmond King

KingTitan

5 minutes ago, TitanJo33 said:

I really like this guy as our new slot corner and I  don’t understand why they traded him, also way better than anything on our roster as kick or punt returner.. hope he does well here ..

Because he wasn't a big part of their defense this year, and keeping him just means he leaves in free agency next season.  Here, they get something.

9 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

I love it. But does it even matter? We will still play him 10 yards off the receiver on 3rd and 5. 

Doubtful. Adoree might play off cause he has the speed to do it. Perfect timing with the stretch of games we have

2 hours ago, renndawg37 said:

lol have you watched our defense? rush 3 and play soft, 8 yard cushion zone coverage. It's sad 

King is an excellent acquisition for a cheap price great trade here for us.

However you hit the nail on the head here renndawg37.

We have a lot of talent on defense my bigger concern is the scheme and play calling. Talent alone can't overcome a trash game plan which we have had week in and week out on defense. You need to put the players in spots to succeed and make plays and this defensive coaching staff has failed miserably at that thus far.

Still though King is a very good player so happy we got him.

Edited by Titan89
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Titan89 said:

King is an excellent acquisition for a cheap price great trade here for us.

However you hit the nail on the head here renndawg37.

We have a lot of talent on defense my bigger concern is the scheme and play calling. Talent alone can't overcome a trash game plan which we have had week in and week out on defense. You need to put the players in spots to succeed and make plays and this defensive coaching staff has failed miserably at that thus far.

Still though King is a very good player so happy we got him.

Totally. I honestly think we are handicapped with play calling so bad through with our cornerback coverage. Joseph is no where near good enough to be out there. Dude can’t guard anyone. Butler is just starting to play better but he has also been torched his fair share. The problem with our d is we get in so many third downs and don’t get off the field due to terrible coverage. Then we just stay on the field with these bend bend bend then break drives. Everyone is tired. I think better coverage will help pass rush through out the game, in keeping them fresh and off the field. Better coverage gets us off the field on those third downs.

20 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Seems like an incredibly smart player. At full health, we shouldn’t see Joseph again. He can help Fulton as a player coach but he honestly should see the field again. Adoree, Butler, King, Fulton certainly looks better than what we’ve been trotting out there. 

Wow. Yea. Really high IQ. Awesome stuff here.