2K20: Game #9 - Carolina at Kansas City

onejayhawk

I just saw that Taco Charlton is headed to IR with a broken bone in his leg. He walked off the field, which masked the severity of the injury.

Depending on where and how well it heals, Taco could be done for the season, depriving us of a valuable spot pass rusher. It's good that mike Danna is back. As a coach I know was fond of saying, there is no such thing as too much depth.

Remmers was also injured. his does not look as serious.

The bye week will help. hopefully, it will help a lot.

J

Edited by onejayhawk

1 hour ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I wonder if Veach still has Suggs digits or not sure if he fits but Vic Beasley just got the axe, he could be a decent rotational, maybe? I really liked how well Taco was doing.

Okafor may be back as well. He’s often injured though. If we sign anyone it’d have to be near vet minimum. But this is the time to do it with the bye week. 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2020 at 11:48 AM, onejayhawk said:

Has anyone else noticed how much better Hitchens has been against the run this year. Hard as it may be to believe, he seems quicker. The run defense generally is still nothing to cheer, but it is better. It is worth noting our defense has 8th most snaps against, so the counting stats add up. 

J

Mehhhhhhhh

I didn't see W.Gay on the field much (if at all). Is he not progressing?

Gay is progressing, but his role on the team is very different from his role in college. Like Derrick Johnson in his day, it's taking some time to learn how it's played at this level. DJ was playing for a bad unit on a bad team, so he started every game. Gay is playing for a decent unit on a championship team, so standards to get PT are higher. 

J

1 hour ago, mayanfootball said:

Mehhhhhhhh

I didn't see W.Gay on the field much (if at all). Is he not progressing?

Early on he was in and made a couple nice 1v1 tackles but left shortly after. Not sure if he got dinged up or just coach's decision but I don't recall seeing him after that. 

2 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Early on he was in and made a couple nice 1v1 tackles but left shortly after. Not sure if he got dinged up or just coach's decision but I don't recall seeing him after that. 

He plays quite a bit in an attacking role.   Has yet to really see much action in coverage,  I’m guessing he’s still struggling with route concepts in zone.    He looks good in his current role, albeit it’s a limited role.    I like they’re bringing him along slowly even though watching Niemann is a pain

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

He plays quite a bit in an attacking role.   Has yet to really see much action in coverage,  I’m guessing he’s still struggling with route concepts in zone.    He looks good in his current role, albeit it’s a limited role.    I like they’re bringing him along slowly even though watching Niemann is a pain

Yeah Niemann just doesn't have the talent to excel. He's the Dan Sorenson of the LBers imo

On 11/9/2020 at 12:05 PM, onejayhawk said:

Niemann and Sorenson are coaches types of players. In the NBA, they would be called glue guys. 

J

At least Sorensen can lay a hit and has come through with some very clutch plays. 

Niemann Can’t do any of those things, but I guess that’s why the price tag is different

2 hours ago, Chiefer said:

At least Sorensen can lay a hit and has come through with some very clutch plays. 

Niemann Can’t do any of those things, but I guess that’s why the price tag is different

You should try watching the Super Bowl again.  Niemann has been clutch in big games.

J

9 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

You should try watching the Super Bowl again.  Niemann has been clutch in big games.

J

Besides a few plays in the SB he’s almost been a liability his entire career. 

Im hoping we see changes to Lb after the bye ala last year.

9 hours ago, Chiefer said:

I will say this game reminded me of the Titans game last year. Pull to a late lead, solid QBs and RB/weapons on the other side brings it back against bad defense. 

Only last year we lose that game.

Honestly, that's exactly what I thought the game was going to be. I was sure we'd lost when we couldn't get that final drive going.