Which Hypothetical QB situation...

Hunter2_1

Hypothetical QB situation  

13 members have voted

1. 1. That you like (vote for all you would go for)

• Resign Cam, roll with Cam and Stidham again; best man wins
    • Use first round pick on best QB available (at 8-15th range probably), have a competition between him and Cam/Stidham
    • Use first pick to trade up with either DAL/NYG, who have their QBs, in order to draft Lance or Fields (or possible Wilson or Jones if those two already gone)
    • Find a way to trade with NYJ for Darnold, as they will draft Lawrence
    • Draft a QB with 2nd or 3rd pick, add him to the QB competition with Cam/Stidham
    • Trade with SF to get Jimmy back here
    • Trade with Dallas for Dak
    • Get a different veteran QB (possibly Fitz) to replace Cam whilst we find QBotF the following draft

3 hours ago, Crimmage said:

Alex Smith level quarterback on a 2-3 year deal

I kind of like this. However I want to be sure he over that leg injury, physically and emotionally.

3 hours ago, Crimmage said:

then either next year or the year after using draft capitol to go from the middle of the first round to within the top 10 and grab a franchise QB who has a better chance of success

This is the part I disagree with, unless as you say there no QB they like. I would rather use 1 high pick with little additional picks to move up. Let say 3 picks . Your way they have to give up 5 maybe ( maybe 2 1st RD) 6 picks. They also most likely getting a 2nd tier QB that most likely not pan out. All those picks and you get a bust. Ya I know that happens at the top as well. Let use this year draft players for example 2022 draft. I rather get QB now, Your way, picking (2022) later you get a chance at Dylan Moses LB, Alabama , Nick Bolton LB, Missouri, who IMO are not far behind Parsons.

I hope this makes sense. I'm not a word Smith!!!🤢

16 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

he is good.

Did you watch the game ? This his my Draft Report. 😁

Ok I watched the BYU game last night.

Wilson put on a show. He can run, scramble, read the field and is accurate as heck with a quick release. His game reminds me of Borrows. No I'm not saying he's him but his style of play. The Draftnik are going to start praising him as a possible number one pick in the draft if he stay on track. We all know how that works. Just like Jordan Love last year. He will be the darling of the draft.

IMO there are to things he has to work on to make him even more effective at the next level. The are small things that he will learn at the next level with coaching. 

1. Arm strength, although good with a little work it will make him more effective. I'm nit picking here.

2. He needs to learn to move up in the pocket. He does don't get me wrong but just like all athletic college QBs they sometimes take off to avoid the pressure

IMO   The Pats will have to move up in the draft to get him. He will be the rising star in this years draft which I feel is justified. Very impressive.

Lastly there the issue with him playing nobody's however that is also true with his own team.

Edited by m haynes

8 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Did you watch the game ? This his my Draft Report. 😁

Ok I watched the BYU game last night.

Wilson put on a show. He can run, scramble, read the field and is accurate as heck with a quick release. His game reminds me of Borrows. No I'm not saying he's him but his style of play. The Draftnik are going to start praising him as a possible number one pick in the draft if he stay on track. We all know how that works. Just like Jordan Love last year. He will be the darling of the draft.

IMO there are to things he has to work on to make him even more effective at the next level. The are small things that he will learn at the next level with coaching. 

1. Arm strength, although good with a little work it will make him more effective. I'm nit picking here.

2. He needs to learn to move up in the pocket. He does don't get me wrong but just like all athletic college QBs they sometimes take off to avoid the pressure

IMO   The Pats will have to move up in the draft to get him. He will be the rising star in this years draft which I feel is justified. Very impressive.

Lastly there the issue with him playing nobody's however that is also true with his own team.

My thoughts. Wilson might be QB2 in the draft. 

The Jets will go Lawrence. Jaguars and Giants will go Fields and Wilson imo. The next question surrounds Dallas and WFT. Will they go QB? I mean, I wouldn't rule out that the top 4 teams in the draft all go QB.Atlanta and Houston will win quiet a few games, so I think the Patriots will be either in position to draft Trey Lance OR they might be get one of the top 2 or top 3 players who are not QBs. If we don't intend to draft a QB anyway, 4 QBs going really early is very good for us, so we can end up Sewell, Chase or Parsons. In fact I do feel confident we will get an elite prospect

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

My thoughts. Wilson might be QB2 in the draft. 

The Jets will go Lawrence. Jaguars and Giants will go Fields and Wilson imo. The next question surrounds Dallas and WFT. Will they go QB? I mean, I wouldn't rule out that the top 4 teams in the draft all go QB.Atlanta and Houston will win quiet a few games, so I think the Patriots will be either in position to draft Trey Lance OR they might be get one of the top 2 or top 3 players who are not QBs. If we don't intend to draft a QB anyway, 4 QBs going really early is very good for us, so we can end up Sewell, Chase or Parsons. In fact I do feel confident we will get an elite prospect

My thoughts  Using Tankathon draft order Tankathon | 2021 NFL Draft Order

Jets - Lawrence

NYG  -- Penei Sewell OT or trade. There dumb GM sticks with his pick Jones at QB. Most likely a trade down. Pats in good position Parson might be there at 9th pick.

Jacksonville --   Fields QB -------- They believe the hype and follow the trend, new style QB

Miami   ---   Ja'Marr Chase  --- Hard to say who they will pick , he from the Pats coaching tree. Might draft other area such as Parson, Gregory Rousseau

Dallas -----   Patrick Surtain II ------ They take a QB and they will have a  public relation nightmare. Presott their QB. Possible trade with Pats, still get CB

Falcon ----   Zach Wilson   They trade Matt Ryan. Maybe San Fran.

Washington   Zach Wilson   They don't want Lance. IMO he way overrated.

Chargers    Take your pick, maybe Waddle or Alex Leatherwood. Have no idea who they take.

Pats ----  They pass on Lance ---  I hope.  They can go up,down or stay at 9, typical BB he takes,  Dylan Moses, Christian Barmore.

There is no way this will happen however if they stay at 9 I would love them to take Rondale Moore. Pats desperately need a dynamic player to breath life in the putrid offense. Yes I'm crazy but I see him as a Terek Hill. Hill (Moore can do the same for the Pats) put the fear of God in defenses. He is the major reason ( not counting PM) KC is so deadly. The defenses have to game plan just for him. Helps everyone else in their receiving core and running game. No more 11 in the box! Yes I know this is way out of the box thinking but what player in this draft can impact a game like Moore. This offense is dead they need life!  Note I don't care where he rated in the draft all I care is impact the player has for our team.

Who would have more impact Dylan Moses, Christian Barmore or Moore !

Edited by m haynes

15 hours ago, m haynes said:

Let everyone know BYU on tonight see wilson play 9:30

The more I see, the more I'm coming round to your way of thinking on him.

I'm not saying he's going to come into the league and be Mahomes mk 2, but I am getting Mahomes vibes watching him. The sidearm rockets, the scramble to throw, he moves the field one way and zings it into the space they've left just like Pat....hmmm

The opposition worries me though, and you know Bill prefers him some SEC in the first

Might have to make sure we only win two more games :D

Edited by Hunter2_1

Wilson looked good last night other than one pass which looked like it should have been picked, he seemed to have decided where and when he was going to throw before the snap and didn't pay attention to where I believe a LB was. The NFL Combine.. if we have one.. will really determine where Lance goes imo. From what I have heard he is very athletic so his measurables could get him drafted based off potential.. if that doesn't happen he could slip quite a bit. Fields is fools gold more than likely.. and Washington won't draft him based off Haskins I would guess. Due to that we could easily see Wilson as the #2 QB taken. 

I'd guess the following teams will draft ahead of the Pats: 

- Jets (Lawrence) 

- Giants ( win 3-4 games tops and are 50/50 on grabbing a QB imo .. Judge could want Wilson) 

- Jaguars (win 3-4 games tops.. and almost guaranteed to grab a QB.. good spot for Lance because I think they like a flashy QB) 

- Cowboys ( win maybe 4-5 games.. if they get rid of Dak they could fall in love with a QB) 

- Falcons ( win maybe 4-5 games.. and could decide to move on from Matt Ryan) 

- Washington ( win maybe 4-5 games.. def want a QB and wont want Fields) 

- Vikings (~5 wins .. could want a new QB to start over) 

- Lions ( second half of the season is tough.. I think they fall apart, fire Matt and look to replace Stafford if they can) 

Drafting 9-12 is most likely for the Pats.. and almost every team drafting ahead of them could want to draft a QB. The more I look at the schedules of these other teams, the Patriots seem more likely to draft someone like Parsons, Moses, or Wilson instead of reaching for a QB like Trask or Jones. We could easily see someone like Trubisky, Fitzpatrick, Ryan, Stafford, etc. becoming a bridge QB and another developmental guy grabbed in the 3rd or 4th round. If they lose to the Jets on Monday.. then I think they have a chance to grab a QB.

Edited by Crimmage

40 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Wilson looked good last night other than one pass which looked like it should have been picked, he seemed to have decided where and when he was going to throw before the snap and didn't pay attention to where I believe a LB was. The NFL Combine.. if we have one.. will really determine where Lance goes imo. From what I have heard he is very athletic so his measurables could get him drafted based off potential.. if that doesn't happen he could slip quite a bit. Fields is fools gold more than likely.. and Washington won't draft him based off Haskins I would guess. Due to that we could easily see Wilson as the #2 QB taken. 

I'd guess the following teams will draft ahead of the Pats: 

- Jets (Lawrence) 

- Giants ( win 3-4 games tops and are 50/50 on grabbing a QB imo .. Judge could want Wilson) 

- Jaguars (win 3-4 games tops.. and almost guaranteed to grab a QB.. good spot for Lance because I think they like a flashy QB) 

- Cowboys ( win maybe 4-5 games.. if they get rid of Dak they could fall in love with a QB) 

- Falcons ( win maybe 4-5 games.. and could decide to move on from Matt Ryan) 

- Washington ( win maybe 4-5 games.. def want a QB and wont want Fields) 

- Vikings (~5 wins .. could want a new QB to start over) 

- Lions ( second half of the season is tough.. I think they fall apart, fire Matt and look to replace Stafford if they can) 

Drafting 9-12 is most likely for the Pats.. and almost every team drafting ahead of them could want to draft a QB. The more I look at the schedules of these other teams, the Patriots seem more likely to draft someone like Parsons, Moses, or Wilson instead of reaching for a QB like Trask or Jones. We could easily see someone like Trubisky, Fitzpatrick, Ryan, Stafford, etc. becoming a bridge QB and another developmental guy grabbed in the 3rd or 4th round. If they lose to the Jets on Monday.. then I think they have a chance to grab a QB.

I'm looking at the Lawrence pick and the Jets will have to trade Darnold. What team will trade for him instead of drafting a QB.  That also a question for Ryan and Stafford as well. Jags GM  Dave Caldwell was with the Falcons and his job is on the line. He has to win now. Maybe Ryan. Washington might want to stay away from QBs in the draft and go the NFL veteran like Ryan. Rivera know him from his days NFC South. The Vikings are hard to predict. Do they see themselves as a contender or a rebuild.

Last, I'm saying these are the moves to make.  I'm saying teams can do strange things when they build a team.

Don't see NYG drafting a QB. They're in on Danny Dimes, and he's shown some promise (to go along with his turnovers). 

NYJ - QB

JAX - QB

NYG - No QB

DAL - No QB

ATL - No QB 

WAS - QB

MIN - not sure

I think we're on for Wilson, if Bill wants him. But I don't think he will, I think the lack of opposition scares him.

Edited by Hunter2_1

17 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Don't see NYG drafting a QB. They're in on Danny Dimes, and he's shown some promise (to go along with his turnovers). 

NYJ - QB

JAX - QB

NYG - No QB

DAL - No QB

ATL - No QB 

WAS - QB

MIN - not sure

I think we're on for Wilson, if Bill wants him. But I don't think he will, I think the lack of opposition scares him.

I'm going to play devils advocate.  Kyle Dugger.  Also I'm not sure ATL is  a no. Ryan might go for draft picks and they have a new GM. You know the saying start fresh with my guys!

25 minutes ago, m haynes said:

I'm going to play devils advocate.  Kyle Dugger.  Also I'm not sure ATL is  a no. Ryan might go for draft picks and they have a new GM. You know the saying start fresh with my guys!

It's got to be different with QB. Going up against entire defensive concepts, whereas a S can rely on his athleticism and power etc when he's being used like Dugger (which is currently a battering ram, which is fun....)

It might be irrelevant, Wilson's talents could transcend different levels of competition

Edited by Hunter2_1

36 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

It's got to be different with QB. Going up against entire defensive concepts, whereas a S can rely on his athleticism and power etc when he's being used like Dugger (which is currently a battering ram, which is fun....)

It might be irrelevant, Wilson's talents could transcend different levels of competition

Hey on another note.  Check out Javonte Williams NC RB. Remind me of Cory Dillon. I call them "4 yarders"  This is the type of RB I like. 4+4+4 = 1st down!😁

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_5WmWOl3Qk

• Like 1

Kyle Trask  looks great against Georgia who's ranked 5th in the country. 

1st Half , 4 TD and 341 yards passing.  He's deadly accurate and reads the field well. Impressive. Also Pitts was injured and is out of the game. Pitts did catch a TD before he was hurt. He is unstoppable with 6' 6'" size and he can move like a WR.

Something about Trask rubbed me the wrong way in that game. He had a few passes which were way over the heads of receivers and a few just bad decisions where he jumped around right after throwing the football knowing it was an awful throw. He seems like much more of a developmental guy who should probably be a Drew Lock like second rounder but may end up a late first rounder given how badly many teams are in need of a QB. 

That's admittedly the only game I've seen of him, but he didn't scream top 10 pick to me.