New Mass Effect : N7 Day | Epsilon Teaser

6 hours ago, Kiltman said:

If they do make a show or something and he’s potentially playing Shepard, I kinda wish he wouldn’t. Just because I’d rather them go FemShep to diversify from other properties like it. Not that I’d be too upset if that’s what is happening.

I was always thinking this as well - someone like Emma Stone has the baseline look to be FemShep. Not sure if she has the temperament, but she's a really good actor, so maybe she does.

Alison Brie, too. That's another option (Brie would be a great Tali...)

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I was always thinking this as well - someone like Emma Stone has the baseline look to be FemShep. Not sure if she has the temperament, but she's a really good actor, so maybe she does.

Alison Brie, too. That's another option (Brie would be a great Tali...)

Yeah old school Brie would be a great Tali, Glow and onward Brie I could see it. Feel like Jessica Chastain would be a good but very on the nose choice.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
3 hours ago, ET80 said:

THIS gave me chills.

https://www.pcgamer.com/mass-effect-fan-decodes-hidden-message-from-liara-in-n7-day-teaser/

Yes - there was a coded message in the N7 Day tweet.

It's a communique between an old friend ...and an old enemy.

Any news on a possible release date?   2024?  25?    

Ill buy and replay the remaster before this comes out.    Hopefully it fares better than Andromeda.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ET80 said:

THIS gave me chills.

https://www.pcgamer.com/mass-effect-fan-decodes-hidden-message-from-liara-in-n7-day-teaser/

Yes - there was a coded message in the N7 Day tweet.

It's a communique between an old friend ...and an old enemy.

So interesting that they are building their own relay. This HAS to be Liara's Matron phase right? At least that much time mustve passed. Unless they go with a retread of discovering the ruins on mars pushing technology by thousands of years; RE reverse engineering the destroyed Reapers and their tech after Shep destroyed them. 

• Like 1

I’m just torn on whether to continue as Shepard or not.  I can see the pros and cons of walking away, but also bringing him back.  Andromeda wasn’t received well, but honestly, if you play the game now, it is all fixed.  Even though we can do a ton of patching now, whereas you couldn’t do that even 15 years ago when the first game came out, it seems that everyone wanted to jump on Andromeda for it’s flaws.  It had enough of them, but it was nothing that should’ve put this franchise on life support. 

I have no problem walking away from Shepard- this is such a large universe that they could go in any number of directions with it.  However, I don’t want them to keep him just because they are afraid of moving the story forward.  If you keep him, keep him for a purpose.  

I played Andromeda for the first time 2 years ago, and loved it.  It was actually my intro to the series.  I played the Legendary Edition after Andromeda.  

I didn't get to play it in its buggy state, so I can't really speak on that, but as a standalone, it is better than ME1, imo.  ME2 and ME3 were better, imo, but Andromeda hasn't even had the chance to get there yet.  I think people get caught up trying to compare an entire trilogy to a single game, that was looking to jump off into its own multi sequel series.  I hope they do eventually go back and tie some of that story off.  It never got a proper chance to breathe and build though.  This game could even serve as kind of a bridge between them, possibly.  Definitely going to be anxiously awaiting this game.  

Have to give a little credit to this board.  This is where the game was put on my radar, vs just something I would glance over.  Had the game in the back of my mind, from reading about it here, saw a free demo of Andromeda, so I gave it a shot, and have been hooked, ever since.  So for that, FF and @ET80, I thank you.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I’m just torn on whether to continue as Shepard or not.  I can see the pros and cons of walking away, but also bringing him back.  Andromeda wasn’t received well, but honestly, if you play the game now, it is all fixed.  Even though we can do a ton of patching now, whereas you couldn’t do that even 15 years ago when the first game came out, it seems that everyone wanted to jump on Andromeda for it’s flaws.  It had enough of them, but it was nothing that should’ve put this franchise on life support. 

I have no problem walking away from Shepard- this is such a large universe that they could go in any number of directions with it.  However, I don’t want them to keep him just because they are afraid of moving the story forward.  If you keep him, keep him for a purpose.  

Think the best of both worlds still is set it a couple hundred years in the future. Bring back people like Liara, some of the Krogan who would still be alive. That way you at least get the races too that we all know.

One of the shortcomings of Andromeda was isolating the old ones and introducing such garbage new ones.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I could see them putting Shepard in suspension due to their injuries once they make "Destroy" cannon. 

6 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I could see them putting Shepard in suspension due to their injuries once they make "Destroy" cannon. 

Thought about what they could do to bring them back. Guess a Shep clone, works with all the endings. Not 100% in on that, but it’s an option.

If they do that could be set whenever too. And it’s already a canon thing with the Citadel DLC that their DNA has been taken.

A decent amount to mine there science fiction wise. Forging your own path, what makes a person who they are.

Kinda goes back to ME2 and those themes.

Truly have no clue.

9 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Thought about what they could do to bring them back. Guess a Shep clone, works with all the endings. Not 100% in on that, but it’s an option.

If they do that could be set whenever too. And it’s already a canon thing with the Citadel DLC that their DNA has been taken.

A decent amount to mine there science fiction wise. Forging your own path, what makes a person who they are.

Kinda goes back to ME2 and those themes.

Truly have no clue.

That's viable. 

I really think they make an ME3 ending canon though. 

The problem you run into with a well established character of a franchise is its often very difficult to move on to a new main protagonist, especially moving on from one as iconic as Shepard.

I dont think its impossible, but you need to create another group of characters that will resonate with gamers the same way Shepard, Liara, Garrus, Mordin, etc.. were, because fair or not, the comparison will always be there, and if every level of the new games aren't at least on par with the old ones (story, gameplay, characters, etc....), it will just feel like a pretender.

Edited by 43M