turtle28

Cuts/Retirements

1. Alex Smith retires

2. CutĀ Jon BosticĀ 

Trades

1. Trade Dwayne Haskins to the Falcons for a 4th round pickĀ 

2. Trade a 3rd round pick to the Browns for David Njoku

Free Agency

1. Re-sign Brandon Scherff: 5 years $70 million. $7 million cap hit in 2021.

2. Re-sign Chase Roullier: 4 years $20 mil

2. Sign Juju Smith: 5 years $90 million.

Signing Bonus: $10 millionĀ 

Guaranteed: $60 millionĀ 

Guaranteed at signing: $40 millionĀ 

3. Sign Avery Wilson to be our new MLB: 3 years $25 millionĀ 

4. Re-sign Ronald Darby: 4 years, $30 mil

5. Re-sign Fabian Moreau: 1 year $1.3 mil

6. Re-sign Reuben Foster: 1 year $1.3 mil

Draft

1. Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State

2. Jackson Carman, LT, Clemson

3. Javon Holland, FS, OregonĀ Ā 

4. Anthony Schwartz, WR, Auburn

4. Damone Clark, MLB, LSU

5. Kolby Harvell-Peel, S, Ok. St.

7. Luke Farrell, TE, Ohio State

Roster

QB: Fields, K. Allen

RB: Gibson, Love, McKissic, Barber

WR: Terry, Juju, S. Sims, C. Sims, AGG, Anthony SchwartzĀ 

LT: Jackson CarmanĀ (2nd rnd),Ā Christian

LG: Charles,Ā ScherweitzerĀ 

C :Ā Roullier, Keith IsmaelĀ 

RG: Scherff, Martin

RT: Moses, Lucas

TE: Njoku, Logan Thomas, Luke Farrell (7th rnd)

Defense

RDE: Sweat, Brailford

DT: J. Allen, IoannidisĀ 

NT: Payne, Settle

LDE: Young, Smith-Williams

SLB: Holcomb, SDH

MLB: Avery Wilson, Damone Clark (4th)

WLB: Landon Collins, R. Foster, Hudson

RCB: Fuller, Moreau

LCB: Darby, Stroman

Slot: Moreland, Johnson

SS: Curl, Kolby Harvell-Peel (5th)

FS: Everett, Javon HollandĀ (3rd)

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

smith aint going no where. Also id like fabian signed longer, he seems to be good.

I think Smith will retire. I think heā€™s accomplished what he wanted to and proven he can play again.

If he does chose to continue to play we either need to cut him or I think they would actually restructure his contract. He canā€™t make $24 million next year. We just canā€™t pay that much for a back up QB. Hopefully heā€™d agree to remain on the team - if he wants to play - and we can get his 2021 cap hit cut in half.

I wouldnā€™t mind signing Fabs longer but I havenā€™t seen enough except his few flashes every year. I guess I could go 3 years and $9 million like Dunnyā€™s old deal but thatā€™s as high as Iā€™d go. Iā€™d rather get him at like 3 years $5 or 6 million.

Edited by turtle28

25 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

That may be a little low for Juju's salary looking at averages. It's what Diggs and Robinson make which seems fair but they signed that two years ago. Maybe covid helps. We'll see.Ā 

Is that us getting Fields at #2 overall? Because that's the likely spot, no?

If the early FA predictions from MLB's experts are any case, it most certainly will affect salaries.Ā  Yes, the NFL has a cap, and the MLB doesn't, but revenues impact the clubs in the same way.Ā  If the NFL and NFLPA can agree that Covid is a force majeure case and will float the cap at the same level for a couple seasons instead of a decline with revenues being down, salaries will stay up.Ā Ā 

That being said, I doubt JuJu hits the open market.Ā  They are going to slap the franchise tag on him, and we aren't giving up a first rounder.

24 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

If the early FA predictions from MLB's experts are any case, it most certainly will affect salaries.Ā  Yes, the NFL has a cap, and the MLB doesn't, but revenues impact the clubs in the same way.Ā  If the NFL and NFLPA can agree that Covid is a force majeure case and will float the cap at the same level for a couple seasons instead of a decline with revenues being down, salaries will stay up.Ā Ā 

That being said, I doubt JuJu hits the open market.Ā  They are going to slap the franchise tag on him, and we aren't giving up a first rounder.

don't think they Tag Juju over Dupree with Dionte Johnson ad Claypool having the seasons they are having,they also have Connor and Hilton and I think both OTs contracts up this year.

and No way I give up a 3rd for Njoku now,He's going to be on a expensive one year deal which makes the rental either end in he sucks and we can try him again for cheap or he hits and we're forced to pay him or watch him leaveĀ .I Think this is a TE Class with a lot of upside if kids come out of school as projected. I'd rather get 4 years of some in the 2nd or 3rd at te then 1 year of Njoku.

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

That may be a little low for Juju's salary looking at averages. It's what Diggs and Robinson make which seems fair but they signed that two years ago. Maybe covid helps. We'll see.Ā 

Is that us getting Fields at #2 overall? Because that's the likely spot, no?

Itā€™s a prayer. If it doesnā€™t happen, it doesnā€™t happen. And youā€™re right about Juju, I didnā€™t want to throw a crazy # out there but itā€™s probably going to be like Amari Cooperā€™s deal.

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

The Steelers are loaded at WR. The Steelers are near salary cap max. They have to re-sign their LT Villanueva, their ROLB Dupree & Juju.

With Claypool emerging as a probable #1 soon I think it points to Juju being the one they donā€™t re-sign, but it could be Dupree that they let walk.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Itā€™s a prayer. If it doesnā€™t happen, it doesnā€™t happen. And youā€™re right about Juju, I didnā€™t want to throw a crazy # out there but itā€™s probably going to be like Amari Cooperā€™s deal.

in defense of what you put, i'm not sure he pulls that either

50 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

in defense of what you put, i'm not sure he pulls that either

Yeah, probably something in between donā€™t you think? Or maybe Iā€™m not understanding what youā€™re saying. Keep in mind if we want Juju, Robinson, Fuller or another too WR we are going to have to overpay some bc we wonā€™t have an established QB like some other teams do.

43 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, probably something in between donā€™t you think? Or maybe Iā€™m not understanding what youā€™re saying. Keep in mind if we want Juju, Robinson, Fuller or another too WR we are going to have to overpay some bc we wonā€™t have an established QB like some other teams do.

No, you're on it.

I like it outside of the trade for NJoku. I canā€™t see the browns getting a 3rd they have boched Njokue value like how we did Trent Williams. They may get a 4th or 5th honestly.

i wish we went after LT a little heavier and Iā€™m not a fields fan but other than that it ainā€™t bad

• Like 1