Will Muschamp fired

CWood21

23 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Thinking of you and the other Hokies had me laughing at this firing all the more. Buyout was 75% of his contract which lands it at just over 13 million.

Your admins need to get to work and pry open the wallet.

I don't know what South Carolina's alumni is like, but the Hokies is actually pretty poor in the ACC. It's realistically not in the budget to fire him, pay him (what I think is around $12) and go pay for someone else. Honestly, the best thing that could have happened is if Fuente had gotten that Baylor job. 

23 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I don't know what South Carolina's alumni is like, but the Hokies is actually pretty poor in the ACC. It's realistically not in the budget to fire him, pay him (what I think is around $12) and go pay for someone else. Honestly, the best thing that could have happened is if Fuente had gotten that Baylor job. 

https://accfootballrx.blogspot.com/2019/04/donations-by-acc-school-4119.html

Knew it wasnt great. But I thought it would be more than that. They need to make the move though before it drops and theyre hurting themselves in other areas of football revenue.

Look what happened to UVA with London. Half full stadiums. Season tickets were coming with something like a 700 dollar donation fee for certain seats. And they had to stop that. I can see Hokie fans refusing to financially support the product if the plug isnt pulled this year. The admins need to be in damage control mode. Cause hes hampered the program from the ranks of national appeal to in-state recruiting. 1 kid in the top 25 in-state talents. They have to make the move.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

2 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

https://accfootballrx.blogspot.com/2019/04/donations-by-acc-school-4119.html

Knew it wasnt great. But I thought it would be more than that. They need to make the move though before it drops and theyre hurting themselves in other areas of football revenue.

Look what happened to UVA with London. Half full stadiums. Season tickets were coming with something like a 700 dollar donation fee for certain seats. And they had to stop that. I can see Hokie fans refusing to financially support the product if the plug isnt pulled this year. The admins need to be in damage control mode. Cause hes hampered the program from the ranks of national appeal to in-state recruiting. 1 kid in the top 25 in-state talents. They have to make the move.

Yeah I know. It's damned if you do, damned if you don't. I think COVID really changes things though. There's no secret well to pull from. 

• 2 weeks later...