Who gets the (W)?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the (W)?

• Chiefs
    • Texans
    • SNF's ratings will be down again
    • BDL stud SNF with the ratings bonanza

Just now, mcmurtry86 said:

Yeah, I get it. But Zombo has been so bad on D throughout his career. I'm surprised he's not a ST only guy at this point.

But...he is. A 4th OLB is mostly a special teams guy. When healthy, Houston plays 100% of snaps at LOLB. Ford plays about 70% at ROLB. Hali plays the remaining snaps at ROLB. Zombo will play the occasional clear run down, but otherwise only sees special teams snaps until people start getting hurt. And honestly, he would be our 5th OLB by the end of the season or so, but Kpass is crazy raw.

3 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

But...he is. A 4th OLB is mostly a special teams guy. When healthy, Houston plays 100% of snaps at LOLB. Ford plays about 70% at ROLB. Hali plays the remaining snaps at ROLB. Zombo will play the occasional clear run down, but otherwise only sees special teams snaps until people start getting hurt. And honestly, he would be our 5th OLB by the end of the season or so, but Kpass is crazy raw.

If the Chiefs are running a 4-3, the 4th LB would be the first man up at least in base D packages. Unless they're expecting all 3 starters to go all 16 games, they're resigning themselves to Zombo starting or logging significant minutes in goal line and base packages. I'd think they'd be able to find someone better to be their backup

And besides, don't the Chiefs play a 3-4 in base?

Just now, kingseanjohn said:

Speaking of, they really need to give Kpass some snaps!

Agreed. I really want to see him get in some obvious pass rushing situations. Even with Zombo having played well last week.

4 minutes ago, mcmurtry86 said:

If the Chiefs are running a 4-3, the 4th LB would be the first man up at least in base D packages. Unless they're expecting all 3 starters to go all 16 games, they're resigning themselves to Zombo starting or logging significant minutes in goal line and base packages. I'd think they'd be able to find someone better to be their backup

Except the Chiefs haven't run a 4-3 in like 7 years.

Zombo is the 4th OLB. If you want to include ILBs, he's probably like our 8th guy, also behind Derrick Johnson, Reggie Ragland, Ramik Wilson, and Kevin Pierre-Louis.

Zombo is only getting substantial time because 2 OLBs are hurt. We only keep 4 or 5 OLBs. I don't know what you're expecting a team to have at the back end of the depth chart.

If you're going to argue about the depth chart, at least pay attention to the positions we're talking about and try to know the scheme the team runs.

2 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Except the Chiefs haven't run a 4-3 in like 7 years.

Zombo is the 4th OLB. If you want to include ILBs, he's probably like our 8th guy, also behind Derrick Johnson, Reggie Ragland, Ramik Wilson, and Kevin Pierre-Louis.

Zombo is only getting substantial time because 2 OLBs are hurt. We only keep 4 or 5 OLBs. I don't know what you're expecting a team to have at the back end of the depth chart.

So the Chiefs are running 2 or fewer LB on all defensive snaps? Seems like they have more than that out there a lot of the time but I'll grant that you know them better than I. I thought they ran a 3-4 front which would make the 4th LB a starter.

In any event, Zombo is terrible and I have no idea how he's gotten so much playing time in his career.

Archived