2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

4 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Any teams you think looking to move out of the first for the Pistons seconds?  I'd like to get back into that top 20-23 range instead of having so many seconds. 

Should be some pretty decent guys on the board with your early second round picks. I think Joe Wieskamp and Joel Ayayi would both be nice picks for you. 

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

dont give "great gm" presti ideas

Yeah I doubt they'd even want to do it since their analytics department is so good they were able to find one of the greatest prospects in NBA draft history at #16 last year in a weak class. 

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

*grabs popcorn*

tell me more. lol

I can't speak to how it is now, though I doubt it's much different, but basically if you were a decent poster on their forums eventually the owner of the site would ask you if you were interested in writing articles or doing scouting for them. I did both.

A few of the issues that would arise:

If you just jumped in you'd be ecstatic to do it and get handed a list of a bunch of players you'd never seen before. Very few people put in legitimate effort to scouting those guys.

I was probably 17? when I started doing profiles, and I know for a fact there were people younger than me writing some too. 

Once you reached a certain point getting handed prospects to look at felt like way more of an annoyance than a privilege, and that showed in the quality.

Even if none of those three issues popped up you could still submit a wholly original scouting report and every once in a while it would be heavily edited by the owner before he posted it which tbh was pretty annoying.

Not to crap on Aran because he's a super cool dude, we got along super well, he was accommodating, and nbadraft.net was one of my earliest basketball loves. That doesn't erase the fact that he is/was a stubborn guy opinion wise who often relied on minors or overworked college students to write his scouting reports for him, and it showed in the quality of some of those breakdowns.

• Like 1