2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

Brandon Boston Jr is an intriguing prospect, still has a ways to go as a shooter, and needs to fill out his frame. He came into the year as a projected top 10 pick, had his moments at UK, but struggled for the most part. He plays like a smaller Brandon Ingram in terms of his body and movement. 

I hope this a smokescreen cause i dont wanna trade up to 1 even though I like Cade.  Just stay put and take whoever Detroit pick and force them to take Green 1 if they like him.  Rockets have the leverage in this situation.

Edited by Texansfan713

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

I hope this a smokescreen cause i dont wanna trade up to 1 even though I like Cade.  Just stay put and take whoever Detroit pick and force them to take Green 1 if they like him.  Rockets have the leverage in this situation.

Troy Weaver was behind the Russell Westbrook pick but the Pistons definitely have all of the leverage as I'm sure they'll take Cade #1 regardless because there's also a chance Houston passes on Green for Mobley and they could swing a deal with Cleveland. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The Cavaliers are working Kuminga out again.

Just now, catcheryea said:

yeah im sure the "co-host" of the locked on cavs podcast is super plugged in with the pistons front office

they don't even have sources within the Cavs organization. The only guy covering the Cavs that I'd give any merit to is Chris Fedor, and right now he's equally as convinced that we hang onto Sexton and see how he plays along with whoever we select as he is that we deal him before the season. His reasoning is that we have a high value on Collin, and aren't just going to move him to move him, the deal has to be right. 

Just now, H2ThaIzzo said:

they don't even have sources within the Cavs organization. The only guy covering the Cavs that I'd give any merit to is Chris Fedor, and right now he's equally as convinced that we hang onto Sexton and see how he plays along with whoever we select as he is that we deal him before the season. His reasoning is that we have a high value on Collin, and aren't just going to move him to move him, the deal has to be right. 

The Cavaliers will have to agree to an extension with Sexton before the season begins or he'll enter restricted free agency by default next summer.  

3 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

The only guy covering the Cavs that I'd give any merit to is Chris Fedor

The Cleveland Cavaliers’ draft preparation continued on Wednesday, as they hosted potential top-5 pick Jonathan Kuminga for a private workout at Cleveland Clinic Courts, sources tell cleveland.com. It’s the second time in the last three weeks Cleveland’s front office, led by general manager Koby Altman, have watched Kuminga in person. The first was at his pro day in Chicago on June 26.

50 mins ago – via Chris Fedor @ Cleveland Plain Dealer

Edited by NYRaider

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Cavaliers will have to agree to an extension with Sexton before the season begins or he'll enter restricted free agency by default next summer.  

And for the Cavs that’s not a bad situation at all. He won’t be moved before the season if the deal isn’t right. 

as far as the Kuminga stuff goes, to me it could mean a couple of things. 
1. they like him a lot and are willing to be aggressive in working out a deal to get another top 7 pick to draft him.

2. they like him, but have someone else ranked similarly they would like to get, and are hoping that by showing interest it will create some confusion within another organization or two.

3. they are willing to trade down and pick up some additional assets and help. I know that we anticipated drafting between 5-8, so a lot of time was spent on that prospect group before the lottery took place. I’d really have to be swayed to not take Mobley to move back in all honesty, and if I did move back I’d personally want Barnes over Kuminga.