2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Cavaliers seem to be the real wild card of the draft. Doubt Sexton is a Cav next season so I'm sure that will play a huge role in who they draft. Although I don't think a Garland-Suggs backcourt is a great fit either. 

It's not a good fit. I'd just rather see Orlando get Mobley. 

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They wouldn't take that risk, they'd select Cunningham #1 under the notion that the Rockets select Green #2 and they swap them + other assets. Just like the Hawks selected Luka for Dallas at #3 and then the Mavericks took Young at #5.

yeah you make a good point thinking about it. 

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

It's not a good fit. I'd just rather see Orlando get Mobley. 

Mobley isn't a great fit with Allen either but as Cavs fans have said, do you let someone like Allen stop you from drafting Mobley?

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I was referring to the Suggs to Rockets came from the Chronicle. Why you so hell bent on this Westbrook rumor my boy you sound nervous...

Because you're incapable of admitting you were wrong.  The original source was YardBarker and their source was the fact that LeBron and Anthony Davis started following Russell Westbrook (and his wife) on Instagram.  As it's been discussed ad nauseam, the only way the Lakers could make the deal work financially would be is if Montrezl Harrell were to opt-in, and we still haven't heard which way he's leaning.

4 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

yeah you make a good point thinking about it. 

Also interesting to note that Troy Weaver was the one that pushed Sam Presti to take a chance on Russell Westbrook at #4 overall when a lot of people didn't even consider him a top 10 prospect. I could see him preferring a prospect like Green.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Because you're incapable of admitting you were wrong.  The original source was YardBarker and their source was the fact that LeBron and Anthony Davis started following Russell Westbrook (and his wife) on Instagram.  As it's been discussed ad nauseam, the only way the Lakers could make the deal work financially would be is if Montrezl Harrell were to opt-in, and we still haven't heard which way he's leaning.

Was not wrong about the Rockets reportedly considering Suggs at #2. Also you are correct my only source of information for the Westbrook trade is IG follows.

6 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I’m conflicted. 

I like a few of your young players, just think it'd be much smarter for you guys to move some of them if required to move up in the draft. You already have a collection of players that are currently "just guys" you need someone with star potential. 

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I would S&T

Two Cleveland Cavaliers insiders believe that a sign-and-trade deal involving Jarrett Allencould happen if the team ends up landing center Evan Mobley in the 2021 NBA Draft.

“I had this discussion with Chris Fedor, Cleveland.com’s superb basketball writer,” wrote Terry Pluto of Cleveland.com in regards to Allen’s future if the team drafts Mobley. “He quickly said, ‘Sign-and-trade.'”