2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

9 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Cleveland should S&T Sexton if Green is available or Allen if Mobley is available. That's my take.

Sexton is still under contract so it wouldn't have to be a S&T, wonder what Sexton would net in a trade though? Assuming it'd have to be picks or another young player unless the Cavaliers were also dumping Love's deal or including Prince/Nance for salary matching purposes. 

54 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If they move back that far there's no guarantee that Green will be on the board. They'd likely have to have a deal in place with Houston or Cleveland like we saw with the Luka/Trae swap.

That’s what I said 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Sexton is still under contract so it wouldn't have to be a S&T, wonder what Sexton would net in a trade though? Assuming it'd have to be picks or another young player unless the Cavaliers were also dumping Love's deal or including Prince/Nance for salary matching purposes. 

Yeah, my mistake, normal trade with Sexton. He's a good player but you can't roll with the Sexton/Garland combo going forward (ask Portland) and Sexton is the undersized one whose contract comes up first. He should still net you a good player or like you said you could use him to dump Love. 

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Yeah, my mistake, normal trade with Sexton. He's a good player but you can't roll with the Sexton/Garland combo going forward (ask Portland) and Sexton is the undersized one whose contract comes up first. He should still net you a good player or like you said you could use him to dump Love. 

Sexton + Love for Porzingis? 

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

I'd consider it

Love is washed but maybe going to a contending team would rejuvenate him. Plus Sexton would take so much pressure off of Luka. Would also allow you to move on from THJ and pursue a center in free agency with the cap space you do have. You could also probably move some pieces and offer John Collins a max deal, I know Atlanta wasn't interested in paying him what he wanted and you were rumored to be a potential suitor for him.

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Love is washed but maybe going to a contending team would rejuvenate him. Plus Sexton would take so much pressure off of Luka. Would also allow you to move on from THJ and pursue a center in free agency with the cap space you do have. You could also probably move some pieces and offer John Collins a max deal, I know Atlanta wasn't interested in paying him what he wanted and you were rumored to be a potential suitor for him.

I'm totally unaware on ATL's situation - but is Collins really that likely to leave if they get to Finals?   Young, Capela and he are the 3 guys that ATL can't really replace skill-wise.   Hunter's a huge asset but he's a 3 IMO. 

5 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I'm totally unaware on ATL's situation - but is Collins really that likely to leave if they get to Finals?   Young, Capela and he are the 3 guys that ATL can't really replace skill-wise.   Hunter's a huge asset but he's a 3 IMO. 

He asked the Hawks for a max deal, they offered him a 4 yr/$90M extension and he turned it down. He could sign a 4 yr/$118M offer sheet this summer with another team. If the Hawks match it that would put them in the luxury tax I believe and that's with other guys like Trae Young, Cam Reddish, DeAndre Hunter, and Kevin Huerter due for extensions soon too. 

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Collins is a good player but he averaged 18/7 in the regular season and is averaging 15/9 in the playoffs. Is he worth $30M APY? 

If he chases the $ entirely, then no.   But am I mistaken in that Collins' requests also came when the old regime was in place coaching-wise?    ATL's winning, and McMillan as coach, and the use of Collins as more of a central piece....man, they have a lot to offer Collins to stay.   If they offered 4/100....man, I know players chase the $ (and rightfully so, given the uncertainty of the next contract), but they can make a far more compelling case than they could have 3 months ago.