Shut Em Down

djdunkenstein

https://insidethestar.com/5-players-cowboys-should-consider-shutting-down-until-next-season/

Not sure if this is even worthy of a new topic, however here is an article of players to possibly shut down. What do you guys think? Obviously that would mean full "tank" is in order. I cant see Jerry doing it tho, especially it costing him revenue until next season. That would mean less purchases of tickets, tv ratings blah blah blah 

I would agree LVE should sit out. Amari yeah.. Jaylon nah, he needs all the experience he can get haha. Id almost feel bad about Sean Lee being in there for meaningless games. IDK if this will be Sean Lee's last year. I would love to see him do one more year rather than end his career in a meaningless season. Zeke may be a good one too. 

Anyone else you would like to see sit or start? 

• Like 1

Zach, Tank, Amari, LVE all definitely make sense. The other one I might consider is Anthony Brown, since he's been dealing with quite a few injuries and is likely to be our slot/#3 corner next year.

I'm indifferent to Zeke. Is 2021 going to be much worse if he gets injured? Probably not. Are we a lot more likely to win games this year if he plays? Probably not. Might he be a little bit better in 2021 if he gets some rest on his overused legs? It's possible I suppose. 

Jaylon, LOL. Keep him in the games to assist with tanking and cut bait after this year.

3 hours ago, djdunkenstein said:

https://insidethestar.com/5-players-cowboys-should-consider-shutting-down-until-next-season/

Not sure if this is even worthy of a new topic, however here is an article of players to possibly shut down. What do you guys think? Obviously that would mean full "tank" is in order. I cant see Jerry doing it tho, especially it costing him revenue until next season. That would mean less purchases of tickets, tv ratings blah blah blah 

I would agree LVE should sit out. Amari yeah.. Jaylon nah, he needs all the experience he can get haha. Id almost feel bad about Sean Lee being in there for meaningless games. IDK if this will be Sean Lee's last year. I would love to see him do one more year rather than end his career in a meaningless season. Zeke may be a good one too. 

Anyone else you would like to see sit or start? 

good question. I am afraid that JJ and company MAY worry about a fall out with the some. But it would be wise IMO

Technically we're still only a game out of first place and have a huge rest + COVID edge on Baltimore going into next week, plus Cincy without Burrow and two remaining NFCE games- so no I wouldn't anticipate anyone being shut down until we're officially eliminated. That may not happen until Week 17 unless we lose out.

Bob Sturm, one of the more prominent defenders of McCarthy, has repeatedly cited how in 2006, McCarthy's first year in GB, their team started 4-8 before finishing 4-0 to get to 8-8 and how that positively influenced the culture going forward and propelled a run to the 2007 NFCCG. It's more than optimistic to think that's what in store for us these next 20-something games- but I do think this team still has pride and was proving capable of playing like an actual NFL team before last Thursday got out of hand. So I wouldn't get our hopes up as far as deliberate tanking. But they might be bad enough to lose out anyway though given the QB, OL injuries, and atrocious defense.