2020 GDT Week #14 Steelers at Bills

Steeler Hitman

I keep hearing about the defense and how losing that many players is hurting.    I dont disagree, but even with all of those injuries, its still primarily the offense holding us back.

Fitchner should be fired immediately.      Its the only remote chance we have going forward.   With him calling plays, we have no chance.

Ben needs to take a pay cut or retire.    He isnt anywhere close to being worth $30m and costing us several key players.    If $15-17M isnt worth coming back for, bon voyage.      I realize that Ben still helps this team in ways, but he is becoming more of a liability.   Cant throw downfield anymore (with accuracy) and teams are catching on to this offenses underneath passing game with no running game.

Either way, QB needs to be a major focus this offseason, even if Ben doesnt retire.     Rudolph is barely backup quality, so they better not go believing they have anything in him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Ben's cap hit is gonna be $41M next season. They'll reduce it by giving him an extension.

The right thing is to take a $21M pay cut minimum so we can afford to bring Bud Dupree and Juju back. Ben has never been a guy about doing the right thing. 

tell him to retire, that's the right thing to do. Then trade for a legit QB Like Stafford and move on. Or keep ben like he runs the team and watch it waste away. 

This OL might be worse overall than 2010. Notice how I still won't go back further than that, but give it time with ben and fichner, and it might. They can't run block, won't run block and it's just a short passing team right now. Everyone facing them must be ready for a defensive TKO and best game of the season for yards and points. 

If ben retires, how does that affect his cap value? He can't /won't scramble and mobility is gone, can't throw downfield  like he used to and to me that makes his cap value improper in todays nfl.  If we had a run game, it would change everything, but he is THE reason we don't have a run game, the passing steelers it is. 

🤮

Maybe ben is hurt more than we know about, it wouldn't be the first time the steelers have held back details.  Even if Ben gets healthy and going again, the OL and run game is the worst it has been probably since the late 90's, just pathetic.   Has to be the worst run blocking OL, if it isn't then who is?

Oh, and adding on to what I said before...the entire OLine needs to be reworked.    Pouncey isnt going anywhere despite the fact the is a bottom 5 starting RUN BLOCKING center.    AV I would keep, but he is just average.     We need a better OLine coach too.    Its clear how much certain players have regressed since Munch left.   Unfortunately, there arent many great OLine coaches out there.

This team has talent, but there is no vision.    Tomlin can work the media however he wants, but at the end of the day, he is just an average coach.     The coordinators under him are worse than him.   Butler is serviceable, but nothing more.     Fitchner and Danny Smith have no business being NFL coaches.    How Danny Smith hasnt been fired is an embarrassment.     He has sucked from day 1.       

11-0 was a facade and honestly sucks because it will likely ensure certain people keep their jobs that absolutely shouldnt.      

1 minute ago, August4th said:

my dream for this offense was to be something like what the niners ran last yr. they showed signs of this early in the YR, but now they run like a poor man's 2018 offense....

at least you can dream. I always thought as long as ben is here it will be like this, a pass happy team with deteriorating run blocking and run game.  My 'dream' for this would be a coach that instals a system and tells the coaches to coach the players to run it. Instead , we have a QB  telling the OC what to do, and as pointed out, the OC never has been or will be an OC in this league.   Dream would be a legit run game and versatility as a result. Now it's neither, so easy to defend.