2020 GDT Week #14 Steelers at Bills

Steeler Hitman

2 minutes ago, 43M said:

Oh, and adding on to what I said before...the entire OLine needs to be reworked.    Pouncey isnt going anywhere despite the fact the is a bottom 5 starting RUN BLOCKING center.    AV I would keep, but he is just average.     We need a better OLine coach too.    Its clear how much certain players have regressed since Munch left.   Unfortunately, there arent many great OLine coaches out there.

This team has talent, but there is no vision.    Tomlin can work the media however he wants, but at the end of the day, he is just an average coach.     The coordinators under him are worse than him.   Butler is serviceable, but nothing more.     Fitchner and Danny Smith have no business being NFL coaches.    How Danny Smith hasnt been fired is an embarrassment.     He has sucked from day 1.       

11-0 was a facade and honestly sucks because it will likely ensure certain people keep their jobs that absolutely shouldnt.      

agree on the OL, my blood isn't boiling yet but it appears to be getting warmer.  Munchak was a major loss, but I see players giving up on plays all the time. To me, if I was the HC, they would be entered out in meetings and on film day, and that would end ASAP. Instead , this is what we have. If a team can't run decently, they don't deserve a playoff spot  because they should lose badly vs legit playoff teams. 

agree about fichner and smith, never liked either.  Need a real ST coach like Bobby Aprils. OC speaking, get a real run game and a coach that isn't bowing to the QB who has to pass all the time .  

8 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

as long as ben is here, fichner will be here.  FACT

Why?    Whats their relationship that Im not aware of?   Last time I checked, he wasnt as close to Ben as Arians was.

Either way, if thats how it has to be....Id bid adieu to the both of them.     Dont let a declining QB dictate how the team is ran. 

I wouldnt shed one tear if Ben is cut after this season.        Id thank him for the memories, remember them fondly, and then move on.   Cant live in the past. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, August4th said:

we're going to lose young talent because we're gonna be paying regressing older players like Ben, Decastro, Pouncey ..

I never liked it when they gave pouncey all that over paying salary. DDC though, I was for since he was a top tier, but he seems to have regressed sadly. I would trade both but that isn't happening.  Dotson looks legit, not much of a drop off if at all there.  Shocked DDC has fallen off though, but maybe it's the fact they never run or practice running that really hurts even the best of them?

Trent Williams would be good at LT, but no $ for that. 

Doesn't matter anyways, as long as the ben fichner faction is running the team, it's all a waste. No way they can beat the legit teams like this, it just doesn't work.  Defences will feast on this offence and laugh  at how easy it is to defend.  NO threat to run, no threat to deep pass, and then all the drops.  IOW, the most incompetent offence of all the playoff teams. 

3 minutes ago, August4th said:

we're going to lose young talent because we're gonna be paying regressing older players like Ben, Decastro, Pouncey ..

And while I like Haden, he isnt worth what he is getting either.     

Between just Ben, Pouncey and Haden, thats OVER $70m against our 2021 cap.   

3 minutes ago, 43M said:

Why?    Whats their relationship that Im not aware of?   Last time I checked, he wasnt as close to Ben as Arians was.

Either way, if thats how it has to be....Id bid adieu to the both of them.     Dont let a declining QB dictate how the team is ran. 

I wouldnt shed one tear if Ben is cut after this season.        Id thank him for the memories, remember them fondly, and then move on.   Cant live in the past. 

maybe I am wrong, but ben picked fichner and got what he wanted when he complained about haley - they got rid of him. 

bold is 100% correct, but it won't happen unless he retires. ben runs this team, remember colbert quote about the children? What an insult . 

agree about your last part, but unless he retires, this foolish team will keep him and fichner, mark it down. Ideally, they would run the ball and help ben out. Instead, he throws more than ever and this could be with a bad knee right now too. Thats how unbalanced the team is.  No chance vs legit teams

Just now, 43M said:

that's absurd

Ben contact felt like a giant anchor on this team, but now his on the field play is starting feel the same way.

5 minutes ago, August4th said:

Matt Canada one of the first Offense minds to take advantage of pre-snap motions back in 2016, will probably be on another team next yr(Ravens?) because Ben wants his buddy to be OC,

if ben and fichner return, I might not watch until they are gone. Consider what the team loses with him staying and then the idea of fichner and this offence returning is a waste of time.  Just waste the talented elite defence and all for the over the hill QB that has to have everything his way. Nice way to leave the team in the bottom of the league once it's done.  

Trade ben for brady! Even Brady and AB, well wait, lets not get carried away.  Ben can be with Arians again, while arians wins the BoB award👏

7 minutes ago, 43M said:

Haden is the only player that plays near that , the other 2 aren't even close. Colbert failed there, and oddly, Haden will be the one not returning next year while the other 2 will.  

Haden has been really good, I would give him a new deal.  We need to see if ben is going to get better, maybe he has injury issues right now. If not, then it's time to move on or at least get rid of fichner and get a real run game to help ben out. This offence is garbage and will get worse as they play these better teams. 

2 minutes ago, August4th said:

conner had 10 carries for 18 yards

I looked that up I believe in the first half. Did he get any touches in the 2nd half?

47 yards total rushing shouldn't EVER win a game .  Hopeless with fichner and ben running this offence like this. 

3 minutes ago, August4th said:

also the offense is just boring to watch right now. feel like I'm watching a bad Pats offense...just bland and boring

I can't stand it.  The physicality of a run game sets the tone but that's a thing of the past to the point where this team forgets about it.  The worst since when? Even when the OL was total trash, ben could throw down the field and scramble and there was the intent and results for the run game. Now it's none of that, has to be the easiest offence to defend in the league if comparing healthy offences.