Week 7 GDT: Dallas Cowboys @ San Francisco 49ers

DaBoys

51 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Per twitter .... NFLPA informed Zeke he is out. No practice or game this week. 

Awesome. 

Well, look on the bright side.  You won't hear my bitching about Scott Linehan not running it enough for about 6 weeks.  

I do want to see more Rod Smith.

I guess.

3 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Guess Zeke isn't for sure susp. yet. Should know today. At this point, I'm tired of whole thing. 

At this point I say just screw it. Chances of him winning are super small, so lets make sure the suspension is done before we get to December.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

At this point I say just screw it. Chances of him winning are super small, so lets make sure the suspension is done before we get to December.

From a team point - I get it. If I am Zeke, and I am actually innocent, I would tell you to shove that statement where the sun-don't-shine.

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

So WH, got any insight on this QB we are about to face? He's from your Iowa Hawkeyes yeah?

Not really. I mean, he played under Greg Davis' god awful offense at Iowa. If he's given the time and opportunity, I wouldn't be shocked if SF found their QB. He's smart, plays hard and has a little bit of that "it" factor to him.

10 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Not really. I mean, he played under Greg Davis' god awful offense at Iowa. If he's given the time and opportunity, I wouldn't be shocked if SF found their QB. He's smart, plays hard and has a little bit of that "it" factor to him.

I can agree that you can't tell a ton about his play from his college days because of that iowa offense, but he's not been super impressive for us in my opinion. Tends to float a ton of passes. He's got some major footwork work mechanical flaws where he just straight up throws ducks on the field with no zip or velocity whatsoever. If your corners have any awareness and anticipation at all, you should get at least one pick, possibly a pick six as he tends to float the very dangerous passes to float. His accuracy is woefully inconsistent at this point - if he's off to start the game, it's going to be a long day for us. It'll be a big game for Staley because he does have some pocket awareness issues, and with Lawrence coming in hot, that could be a problem. I'm hoping you guys line Lawrence up on the opposite side against Trent Brown on the outside. He's the better pass blocker over Staley, so it'd be a fun matchup to watch, and one I think we'd have a better chance of winning as opposed to Staley v Lawrence. 

But he's definitely a gamer. Plays hard, somehow tends to make things happen, which I haven't quite figured out yet. He's one of those guys who's production may actually surpass the actual talent he has. We are looking forward to seeing what we have, but a lot of us are cautious and would settle for him being a solid backup for us moving forward. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

I can agree that you can't tell a ton about his play from his college days because of that iowa offense, but he's not been super impressive for us in my opinion. Tends to float a ton of passes. He's got some major footwork work mechanical flaws where he just straight up throws ducks on the field with no zip or velocity whatsoever. If your corners have any awareness and anticipation at all, you should get at least one pick, possibly a pick six as he tends to float the very dangerous passes to float. His accuracy is woefully inconsistent at this point - if he's off to start the game, it's going to be a long day for us. It'll be a big game for Staley because he does have some pocket awareness issues, and with Lawrence coming in hot, that could be a problem. I'm hoping you guys line Lawrence up on the opposite side against Trent Brown on the outside. He's the better pass blocker over Staley, so it'd be a fun matchup to watch, and one I think we'd have a better chance of winning as opposed to Staley v Lawrence. 

But he's definitely a gamer. Plays hard, somehow tends to make things happen, which I haven't quite figured out yet. He's one of those guys who's production may actually surpass the actual talent he has. We are looking forward to seeing what we have, but a lot of us are cautious and would settle for him being a solid backup for us moving forward. 

Thanks.

I wouldn't worry to much about our CBs. The only one that seems worth a damn is the rookie from Michigan, Lewis. Scandrick and Byron Jones have solid moments in coverage but will never be confused with ball hawks. Some say it's our scheme that prevents turnovers but the counter argument is 2014 when we finished 2nd the NFL in turnovers. Some say it's the DL but as you mentioned Lawrence is leading the NFL in sacks. Out DTs Collins and Irving are no scrubs either.  Whatever the problem is we allow over 65% completion which is 25th in the league, and have generated a whole 2 INTs this year. Only 3 teams have less.

Our bend but "don't"(lol) break defense might be a safe nest for your young QB to learn. 

As far as which OT gets Lawrence? Both will get snaps against him but he lines up over the RT the vast majority of the time. We have some 3 man fronts where he goes to the right side, and some early down formations I have seen him on the right and Crawford on the left. But on passing downs and for most snaps it will be your RT handling him.

Archived