NBA GDT | '20-'21 | KD returns to GS tonight!

11sanchez11

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I don’t buy the Bucks roster at this point being a Finals team. Not having Bledsoe on the team is a huge plus and exchanging him for Holiday is a light years improvement, but I think SG will be an issue for them. That should be an area near the trade deadline that they should attack and their overall depth in not good.

I think DD keeps getting way overlooked. It's only his 3rd season and he has all the tools needed to be the perfect SG for the starting 5.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Lakers traded defense for offense this year with Schruder and Gasol. I understand the Shruder pick up, but I would have kept D. Howard. Gasol allows them to use his passing at the top of the key but he is not the defensive energetic player Dwight was for them. They won last year cause how great they were on defense. Now this year a complete different story.

I ultimately think the Lakers made the right moves, though as I said earlier, I think Ibaka (assuming he was interested) should have been their target over Harrell. Ibaka is better for them now, but Harrell (if they can re-sign him) is the better long-term play.

They needed more firepower. They also got 2 legit talents that match up with AD's prime and to help ease the burden of this wonky season. Gasol is still a good defensive player and a better fit offensively.

If the difference between the Lakers winning or losing the title is Dwight Howard, then they aren't real contenders.

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

Yeah, the team will go as far as a AD/Bron take them. Howard only averaged 15 mpg for them in the playoffs. 

For me - the Howard/Gasol comparison isnt about offense. Gasol has/had the more rounded offensive game - or at least he offers an outside game that doesnt exist with Howard.  Points will be nice, but he's not a prime option there. 

My concern with Gasol - what there is just two games into the season - centers around rebounds, rim protection and/or intimidation in the paint.

Last night - if DAL was in transition and saw Gasol down low - they headed straight to the paint. Not every time, but intimidated they werent and Gasol gets off the floor as if his sneakers are nailed into it.

It's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy early so I'm hoping for the best at this stage.

25 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

If Kyrie keeps it together the Nets look like all-timers.  The coaching staff is equally stacked.  

They are so deep AND top heavy. It's crazy.

We've seen Kyrie wear down many times and we don't know if Durant can keep this up or if the wear and tear will affect him more as the season goes on, but as of now they are so damn impressive.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

They are so deep AND top heavy. It's crazy.

We've seen Kyrie wear down many times and we don't know if Durant can keep this up or if the wear and tear will affect him more as the season goes on, but as of now they are so damn impressive.

I think the thing to worry about is if KD can keep Kyrie in line. I firmly believe that Lebron did that in Cleveland. It wasnt just keeping the pressure off of Kyrie, but also keeping his crazy bottled up and keeping him focused. A lot of that had to do with respecting Lebron as 1b to MJ's 1a at the least. Does KD garner that from Kyrie or does he seem them more on the same level with the potential of a rift?

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

I think the thing to worry about is if KD can keep Kyrie in line. I firmly believe that Lebron did that in Cleveland. It wasnt just keeping the pressure off of Kyrie, but also keeping his crazy bottled up and keeping him focused. A lot of that had to do with respecting Lebron as 1b to MJ's 1a at the least. Does KD garner that from Kyrie or does he seem them more on the same level with the potential of a rift?

Kyrie was a much younger player when he played with LeBron in Cleveland. Now he's entering his prime and went to Brooklyn because he wanted to play with KD, much different situations. 

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Gonna be funny when they lose to the Lakers in 6 or if they don't make it out the East.

Obviously it's an extremely small sample size and there are legitimate questions about KD/Kyrie's health going forward but so far they've looked like the best team in the league. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Kyrie was a much younger player when he played with LeBron in Cleveland. Now he's entering his prime and went to Brooklyn because he wanted to play with KD, much different situations. 

I agree, which is why, if I was a Nets fan, I'd be worried.