1. 1. Player Of The Game?

• Aaron Rodgers
    • Aaron Jones
    • Davante Adams
    • Nick Perry
    • HaHa Clinton-Dix
    • Other?

15 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

Our defenses maybe on the same tier statistically but the eye test goes to the Vikings. I would easily trade defenses with MN. #superbowl 

yeah I love a Packer homer as much as the next guy, but we are a rock star corner away from being on the same level as their defense.

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Our defenses are on the same tier, so will come down to which offense plays better.

I like us in this one.

The gap between our offense and theirs vs our defense and theirs is a lot larger, but talent wise, unless the tier goes somewhere from #3-#15 we are not in the same tier.

Everson Griffen, Harrison Smith and Xavier Rhodes are better than Mike Daniels, then you have Barr, Hunter and Kendricks who are probably equal to Perry who I'd consider our 2nd best defender.

18 hours ago, incognito_man said:

why do you expect Diggs to play but don't expect King and Burnett to play?

Wouldn't say I'm "expecting" Diggs to play. He may not but I think the Vikings will play him if he's close even if limited. We are generally more conservative on that front. Rarely do our guys play the next week after a concussion. Adams had extra time last week to clear. My guess is King won't be cleared. Burnett has a hammy and since I've been alive I cannot recall a Packers player playing the week after having to leave a game with a hammy. Just doesnt happen.

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The gap between our offense and theirs vs our defense and theirs is a lot larger, but talent wise, unless the tier goes somewhere from #3-#15 we are not in the same tier.

Everson Griffen, Harrison Smith and Xavier Rhodes are better than Mike Daniels, then you have Barr, Hunter and Kendricks who are probably equal to Perry who I'd consider our 2nd best defender.

Oh Fun!

1.Xavier

2. Griffen

3. Daniels

4. Linval

5. Harrison

6. Perry

7. Burnett

8. Hunter

9. Kedricks

10. Haha

1 minute ago, Kenrik said:

Oh Fun!

1.Xavier

2. Griffen

3. Daniels

4. Linval

5. Harrison

6. Perry

7. Burnett

8. Hunter

9. Kedricks

10. Haha

Yeah but you forgot about Fackrell.  Seriously though,  Martinez is playing out of his mind right now. Not top 10 worthy but on his way if he keeps improving.  

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Our defenses are on the same tier, so will come down to which offense plays better.

I like us in this one.

If we had Minny's defense with Rodgers and co, you could book your SB tickets today. Let's say for sake of argument we are on the same "tier" as them (not sure i buy that)...we are near of the bottom of that "tier" and they are closer to the top of it.

11 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Sure their individual players may be better but then we must be better coached because the performance on the field so far isn't much different.  ;)

Or we have a superior offense that controls the ball and scores a lot of points, which is a form of defense. Again, if we had Minny's defense (with Zimmer as our DC), not sure we would lose a game. 

43 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Or we have a superior offense that controls the ball and scores a lot of points, which is a form of defense. Again, if we had Minny's defense (with Zimmer as our DC), not sure we would lose a game. 

Hm, GB only possess the ball an average of 25 seconds more per game than Minnesota so it must be something else. Have to assume we have a superior coach until other evidence surfaces to indicate how the GB defense is performing to nearly the same level (20th and 16th in DVOA respectively) as Minnesota's with worst players.

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

HaHa isn't on that list, Hunter should be top 5, he's as good as perry and probably better than Griffen.  Harrison Smith is the hand that stirs the pot in Minny too.  I'd have him top 5, close to rhodes.

Matthews is above Kendricks too. Matthews is underrated around here right now. 

22 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

HaHa isn't on that list, Hunter should be top 5, he's as good as perry and probably better than Griffen.  Harrison Smith is the hand that stirs the pot in Minny too.  I'd have him top 5, close to rhodes.

I could agree with Haha. That 10th player could be Clay. Haha has had a down season so far but if he gets back to being aggressive then he'll get that recognition again. Seems like there is a good amount of GB fans down on haha. If you add in potential, then yes Hunter could be top five but right now I would take everyone on my list above him. Linval doesn't get enough love. I could argue Linval as #1 too. That man doesn't get the love he should. 

6 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

I could agree with Haha. That 10th player could be Clay. Haha has had a down season so far but if he gets back to being aggressive then he'll get that recognition again. Seems like there is a good amount of GB fans down on haha. If you add in potential, then yes Hunter could be top five but right now I would take everyone on my list above him. Linval doesn't get enough love. I could argue Linval as #1 too. That man doesn't get the love he should. 

honestly, kenny clark probably deserves to be on that list with his current level of play. Truth be told, there's some damn solid football players on both defenses:

Joseph, Daniels, Clark

Griffen, Perry, Hunter, Matthews, Kendricks, Martinez

Rhodes, King, Smith, Burnett

That'd be a hell of a defense...

Archived