2018 NFL Draft Prospects - picks and draft board pg 1

WizardHawk

1 minute ago, Rtnldave said:

Yeah, and look what it did to our  O line stability. It really is a rock and a hard place, but if Leary was a cap casualty then it is not out of the realm of possibility to think that Vaccaro can be the same for NO but a gain for us.

That's fair. Always a question to ask with any FA. Wasn't meant as a jab at Vaccarro, just curious.

2 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

That's fair. Always a question to ask with any FA. Wasn't meant as a jab at Vaccarro, just curious.

Cap casualty and just odd man out due to scheme is what I believe most New Orleans fans have listed as reasons for why he may not be in a Saints uniform next season.

I don't hate the idea of adding Vaccaro, just wouldn't want to trade for him. I think he's basically a better Barry Church and not by much.

35 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Yeah not a huge fan of Vaccaro. Probably wouldn't even sign him. I don't know that he is an upgrade over Heath. The numbers are about the same.

So are the numbers with Landon Collins, your not gonna tell me Heath is on the same level with him though? Vaccaro doesn't blow coverages that often like Heath, and Heath has really stepped it up this year. Vaccaro would fill a need that we wouldn't have to address in the draft, and he can be around for a long time considering he would fit our scheme rather nicely.

This is why I want to go into FA for certain positions. Preferably for Vaccaro and then a WR to add as a posession threat like Pryor, or Watkins to give us that real deep threat. They may not be long term solutions, but they may come cheap enough and solid enough. And with us not having the amount of pics like the Browns have, I think it would be ideal. We may even get lucky and find a CB for a bargain price although I would stay away from them, and just put out feelers.

FWIW I live in New Orleans and follow the Saints.  Vaccaro has played extremely well since his benching early on in the season.  He's been one of the reasons NO has turned their defense around, and would easily be the best DB on our roster.  Comparing him to Jeff Heath is way off the mark.

They have a rookie safety in Marcus Williams that's had an excellent year (their rookie class as a whole has been outstanding), so that may play a factor in them deciding whether or not to let Vaccaro walk, but I'd imagine they'd like to bring him back if they can afford it.

BTW I think many are sleeping on the Saints, if they manage to get HFA in the playoffs I don't see any NFC team standing a chance.

1 hour ago, TheFinisher said:

FWIW I live in New Orleans and follow the Saints.  Vaccaro has played extremely well since his benching early on in the season.  He's been one of the reasons NO has turned their defense around, and would easily be the best DB on our roster.  Comparing him to Jeff Heath is way off the mark.

FWIW I didn't say he is Heath, I did say he is a step above but not by much.

If you're correct and he has stepped it up...if we could get him I wouldn't be against it, I just wouldn't want to trade anything more than maybe a fourth for him. 

Vacarro is always coming off a recent benching. He gets benched once a year. And he looked like he quit on a couple plays against the Panthers the other night. He was walking in coverage at one point. I get he is talented but he is the definition of up and down.

5 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Vacarro is always coming off a recent benching. He gets benched once a year. And he looked like he quit on a couple plays against the Panthers the other night. He was walking in coverage at one point. I get he is talented but he is the definition of up and down.

But if he can be had for something decent like 5/30 or like that. Would you go for it?

Just did this one for the hell of it. Even though I didn't get a stud tackle like a I wanted. At least I got a chubby looking at this when it was finished. 

Round 2 Pick 1 (CLE): Roquan Smith, ILB, Georgia 
Round 2 Pick 12 (WASH): Mark Andrews, TE, Oklahoma 
Round 2 Pick 15: Ronnie Harrison, SS, Alabama 
Round 3 Pick 1 (CLE): Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina 
Round 3 Pick 10 (ARI): Duke Ejiofor, DE, Wake Forest 
Round 3 Pick 14 (LAC): Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis 
Round 3 Pick 17 (OAK): Quenton Meeks, CB, Stanford 
Round 4 Pick 14 (LAC): Porter Gustin, OLB, Southern California 
Round 4 Pick 15: Sony Michel, RB, Georgia 
Round 4 Pick 17 (OAK): Auden Tate, WR, Florida State 
Round 6 Pick 15: Andrew Brown, DE, Virginia 
Round 7 Pick 15: Andrew Nelson, OT, Penn State 

9 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Just did this one for the hell of it. Even though I didn't get a stud tackle like a I wanted. At least I got a chubby looking at this when it was finished. 

Round 2 Pick 1 (CLE): Roquan Smith, ILB, Georgia 
Round 2 Pick 12 (WASH): Mark Andrews, TE, Oklahoma 
Round 2 Pick 15: Ronnie Harrison, SS, Alabama 
Round 3 Pick 1 (CLE): Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina 
Round 3 Pick 10 (ARI): Duke Ejiofor, DE, Wake Forest 
Round 3 Pick 14 (LAC): Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis 
Round 3 Pick 17 (OAK): Quenton Meeks, CB, Stanford 
Round 4 Pick 14 (LAC): Porter Gustin, OLB, Southern California 
Round 4 Pick 15: Sony Michel, RB, Georgia 
Round 4 Pick 17 (OAK): Auden Tate, WR, Florida State 
Round 6 Pick 15: Andrew Brown, DE, Virginia 
Round 7 Pick 15: Andrew Nelson, OT, Penn State 

I need to do one of these so I can figure out who goes ahead of those players to allow you to get that kind of draft.

3 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I need to do one of these so I can figure out who goes ahead of those players to allow you to get that kind of draft.

Round 2 Pick 13 (MIA): Roquan Smith, ILB, Georgia (A-)
Round 2 Pick 15: Ronnie Harrison, SS, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 20 (G.B.): Mark Andrews, TE, Oklahoma (A)
Round 2 Pick 23 (TENN): Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa (A)
Round 3 Pick 15: Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon (C+)
Round 3 Pick 20 (G.B.): Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis (A+)
Round 3 Pick 21 (BALT): Tyquan Lewis, DE, Ohio State (A-)
Round 4 Pick 15: Marquis Haynes, OLB/DE, Mississippi (A-)
Round 4 Pick 20 (G.B.): Sony Michel, RB, Georgia (B-)
Round 4 Pick 23 (TENN): Maea Teuhema, OG, LSU (B-)
Round 5 Pick 23 (TENN): Andrew Brown, DE, Virginia (C)
Round 6 Pick 15: Auden Tate, WR, Florida State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 15: Max Browne, QB, Pittsburgh (C+)

I've noticed certain players tend to fall a long ways like Auden Tate, Miller, and Smith and Harrison have me scratching my head as well as to why they would hit the 2nd.

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Round 2 Pick 13 (MIA): Roquan Smith, ILB, Georgia (A-)
Round 2 Pick 15: Ronnie Harrison, SS, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 20 (G.B.): Mark Andrews, TE, Oklahoma (A)
Round 2 Pick 23 (TENN): Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa (A)
Round 3 Pick 15: Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon (C+)
Round 3 Pick 20 (G.B.): Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis (A+)
Round 3 Pick 21 (BALT): Tyquan Lewis, DE, Ohio State (A-)
Round 4 Pick 15: Marquis Haynes, OLB/DE, Mississippi (A-)
Round 4 Pick 20 (G.B.): Sony Michel, RB, Georgia (B-)
Round 4 Pick 23 (TENN): Maea Teuhema, OG, LSU (B-)
Round 5 Pick 23 (TENN): Andrew Brown, DE, Virginia (C)
Round 6 Pick 15: Auden Tate, WR, Florida State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 15: Max Browne, QB, Pittsburgh (C+)

I've noticed certain players tend to fall a long ways like Auden Tate, Miller, and Smith and Harrison have me scratching my head as well as to why they would hit the 2nd.

I’ll take it! I may hate DBs, but that’s a damn good draft.

Round 1 Pick 21 (BALT): Rashaan Evans, OLB, Alabama (B)
Round 2 Pick 15: Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa (A-)
Round 2 Pick 21 (BALT): Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis (B+)
Round 3 Pick 15: Tyquan Lewis, DE, Ohio State (A-)
Round 4 Pick 15: Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn State (A)
Round 4 Pick 21 (BALT): Poona Ford, DT, Texas (B+)
Round 6 Pick 15: David Bright, OT, Stanford (A)
Round 7 Pick 15: Kalen Ballage, RB, Arizona State (A)

I mean...wouldn't be terrible.

Archived