Christmas Mock Draft

DR43

I’m gonna make the draft easy for y’all:

Rd 1 - Power 5 conference athlete that’s an underclass man. 
Rd 2 - Underutilized skill position player from a Power 5 School  

Rd 3 - Random Small school guy we’ve never heard of that everyone acts like they know who it was. 

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I’m gonna make the draft easy for y’all:

Rd 1 - Power 5 conference athlete that’s an underclass man. 
Rd 2 - Underutilized skill position player from a Power 5 School  

Rd 3 - Random Small school guy we’ve never heard of that everyone acts like they know who it was. 

Pretty much this give or take a bit...plus Colbert said straight up they will prefer people who didn’t sit out this year

12 hours ago, AFF said:

Pretty good chance their 1st 3 picks is a combo of OL/offensive skill position/BPA on defense.

FA will determine that to an extent.

normally UDA could be of help, but this cap season will nullify UFA for this team. Cap casualties will also be more than usual. Not looking forward to the offseason for gains, more like waiting to see how bad the losses are.  Really too bad how this all went, I was hoping Dupree would return, but he would probably be a cap casualty. Highsmith looks legit already, but still would be good to have Dupree return  too. 

Banner is off an ACL and nobody knows how he will be . OL could be shaky next year, another reason they will keep pouncey , one less question mark. 

On 12/22/2020 at 7:44 PM, DR43 said:

1. Travis Etienne              RB     Clemson - - Just had a talk about him last night. No doubt, he is a franchise type of RB to me. 
2. Jackson Carman         OT    Clemson - - If you can beat the Raiders GM Mike Moyock to the punch this would be great pick-up/investment for the OL.
3. Mac Jones                   QB    Alabama - - A third round QB does nothing for this team on its present course. CB/TE/Edge/C/WR (if they lose Ju Ju). 
4. Cory Durden                 NT    Florida State - - Not sure they invest in another interior DL with Buggs and Carlos Davis. They bring Tyson back as well. CB/WR/C/Edge
7a.Reggie Roberson        WR     SMU - - Would select higher Another interior OL or Tackle project
7b.Thomas Graham Jr.   CB    Oregon - - Would select higher Safety here
7c.Leon O'Neal Jr.            S    Texas A&M - - Punter!!!!

My draft/free agent priorities right now are:

1. IOL - - No push whatsoever from Steelers OL much of the year.

2. RB - - Love Conner but see him benefitting from being RB2 (Snell, McFarland, Samuels) simply back-ups.

3. CB -- Probably gonna lose one or two here with Haden, Hilton and Sutton.

4. Edge - - If they cannot keep Bud, this is a need for depth/rotation

5. Blocking TE - - who can catch (Heath Miller Mark Bruener type needed).

6. Punter - - Can we trade this for a ST Coach? Danny Smith is all over the place with ST's. Need a strong legged punter. Berry has been decent this year, but.

7. WR - - Depends on Ju Ju.

I think the team would benefit greatly from a franchise RB like Etienne. Not very many RB's are successful with no blocking up front. Added zip and shiftyness, could do wonders for our ground attack coupled with Connor or Snell.

I don't see the OL as the cluster-&^%& as everyone is trying to make it out to be. Remember the players and style of OL drafted and built was to pass block and crease block for a Lev Bell type of back. Yes, if Denver's coaching staff gets blown up, my first call is to Mike Munchack to come back home to coach.  I would do some things differently as well.

I think the right side of the Steelers OL would be pretty darn good with RT Zach Banner and RG Kevin Dotson. DeCastro is sold, but also not spectacular. He is in the same class as Pouncey to me at this stage of his career (good not great and has a solid reputation more so than his play). You don't want to completely shake up an OL and scrap it unless you are bad. Although, our OL is pretty bad in terms of run blocking and getting any type of push/pop.  Although this probably wouldn't happen my ideal Steelers OL for 2021 would look like this:

LT Chuks, LG DeCastro C Pouncey, RG Dotson, RT Banner

Big Al and Matt Feiler are signed elsewhere for more money. Huge risk with Chuks at LT, but that is what he was drafted for, so it will be now or never there. Draft a LT in the second or third to develop. They still have swing OT Hawkins and some interior guys who can develop and add depth, but I would try to draft the future C or sign an OG somewhere. They desperately need a TE who can block and catch some intermediate passes as Vance will probably be gone due to $$$. 

My first free agent choice would be a guy like the Seahawks combo C/G Ethan Pocic or Chargers G Forrest Lamp, or bring Bronco G Elijah Wilkerson to town with his OL Coach. If the want to go cheaper but also riskier maybe sign a veteran like Kelechi Osemele for insurance (who is coming off tendon surgery to his knees). If he is healthy he is what the run game would need and has a mean streak as an OL. The former Raven left via F/A to make money and has bounced around a few spots, but again if healthy, this OL could be a nice fit in the interior as well. 

2 hours ago, Steeler Hitman said:

My draft/free agent priorities right now are:

1. IOL - - No push whatsoever from Steelers OL much of the year.

2. RB - - Love Conner but see him benefitting from being RB2 (Snell, McFarland, Samuels) simply back-ups.

3. CB -- Probably gonna lose one or two here with Haden, Hilton and Sutton.

4. Edge - - If they cannot keep Bud, this is a need for depth/rotation

5. Blocking TE - - who can catch (Heath Miller Mark Bruener type needed).

6. Punter - - Can we trade this for a ST Coach? Danny Smith is all over the place with ST's. Need a strong legged punter. Berry has been decent this year, but.

7. WR - - Depends on Ju Ju.

I think the team would benefit greatly from a franchise RB like Etienne. Not very many RB's are successful with no blocking up front. Added zip and shiftyness, could do wonders for our ground attack coupled with Connor or Snell.

I don't see the OL as the cluster-&^%& as everyone is trying to make it out to be. Remember the players and style of OL drafted and built was to pass block and crease block for a Lev Bell type of back. Yes, if Denver's coaching staff gets blown up, my first call is to Mike Munchack to come back home to coach.  I would do some things differently as well.

I think the right side of the Steelers OL would be pretty darn good with RT Zach Banner and RG Kevin Dotson. DeCastro is sold, but also not spectacular. He is in the same class as Pouncey to me at this stage of his career (good not great and has a solid reputation more so than his play). You don't want to completely shake up an OL and scrap it unless you are bad. Although, our OL is pretty bad in terms of run blocking and getting any type of push/pop.  Although this probably wouldn't happen my ideal Steelers OL for 2021 would look like this:

LT Chuks, LG DeCastro C Pouncey, RG Dotson, RT Banner

Big Al and Matt Feiler are signed elsewhere for more money. Huge risk with Chuks at LT, but that is what he was drafted for, so it will be now or never there. Draft a LT in the second or third to develop. They still have swing OT Hawkins and some interior guys who can develop and add depth, but I would try to draft the future C or sign an OG somewhere. They desperately need a TE who can block and catch some intermediate passes as Vance will probably be gone due to $$$. 

My first free agent choice would be a guy like the Seahawks combo C/G Ethan Pocic or Chargers G Forrest Lamp, or bring Bronco G Elijah Wilkerson to town with his OL Coach. If the want to go cheaper but also riskier maybe sign a veteran like Kelechi Osemele for insurance (who is coming off tendon surgery to his knees). If he is healthy he is what the run game would need and has a mean streak as an OL. The former Raven left via F/A to make money and has bounced around a few spots, but again if healthy, this OL could be a nice fit in the interior as well. 

I always love and appreciate your thoughts on these type of things, but I would have serious issues with planning for Banner/Chuks to be the starting tackle tandem next year, with no plan other than Jerald Hawkins as a backup.  We don't know what type of recovery Banner will have, and have no idea of Chuks can play LT.  I'd be OK with one question mark, but two is one too many for me.

DDC/Pouncey are good for at least one more year.  Pounce has looked better this year, to be sure, and DDC is still one of the best guards in the league.  Dotson was a surprise for me, and I feel 'better' about maybe losing Feiler with him on board.

I 100% think we need to come away with a OT and IOL in the draft, and early.  I like a C prospect from the mold of Dotson, a nasty run blocker first.

I also personally think that CB is a much bigger need... I could see us losing 2 of Hilton/Sutton/Haden.

As far as RB... i think Benny Snell/AMac will be fine if we can fix the OL.  They are a thunder/lighting deal that I really think can work in the modern NFL.  I could see adding someone late or getting a cheap FA for now.  We have to assume that as long as Big Ben is at the helm, we are going to be a throw first team.  I can't see drafting and stashing a RB early.

My needs list is:

1-Best OL available 

2-CB

3-Best OL available that is not taken above between IOL/OT.

4-TE (Possibility that we could lose both and there is nothing in the tank but Gentry for development)

5-Edge (I totally buy the idea that we need an Edge, and we can't keep Bud.  Clearly with Marsh being Edge #3, we are not sold on Ola/Elliot)

6-WR (one for the development tank/Juju cover)

7-Another OL

5 hours ago, Steeler Hitman said:

1. Travis Etienne              RB     Clemson - - Just had a talk about him last night. No doubt, he is a franchise type of RB to me. 
2. Jackson Carman         OT    Clemson - - If you can beat the Raiders GM Mike Moyock to the punch this would be great pick-up/investment for the OL.
3. Mac Jones                   QB    Alabama - - A third round QB does nothing for this team on its present course. CB/TE/Edge/C/WR (if they lose Ju Ju). 
4. Cory Durden                 NT    Florida State - - Not sure they invest in another interior DL with Buggs and Carlos Davis. They bring Tyson back as well. CB/WR/C/Edge
7a.Reggie Roberson        WR     SMU - - Would select higher Another interior OL or Tackle project
7b.Thomas Graham Jr.   CB    Oregon - - Would select higher Safety here
7c.Leon O'Neal Jr.            S    Texas A&M - - Punter!!!!

Here is my updated mock draft based on your recommendations:

1. Travis Etienne RB Clemson

2. Jackson Carman OT Clemson

3. Drake Jackson IOL Kentucky

4. Myjai Sanders EDGE  Cincinatti

7a. Matt Duffy P Kentucky

7b. Reggie Roberson WR SMU

7c. Delarrin Turner-Yell Safety  Oklahoma

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kurgan said:

I always love and appreciate your thoughts on these type of things, but

Appreciate the compliment and likewise my friend.

I would have serious issues with planning for Banner/Chuks to be the starting tackle tandem next year, with no plan other than Jerald Hawkins as a backup. 

I would hope that they were drafting an LT high. I would also bring in a moderately priced free agent veteran. I am not as concerned with Banner. Yes he had surgery, but he is an OT and not someone who is going to rely on his knees as much as a CB, WR, RB or even OLB. Banner is a road-grader. I honestly don't know how good he is in pass protection because he hasn't played enough.  I mentioned Hawkins because he is on the current roster only. I would hope they tried to upgrade the depth as well.

We don't know what type of recovery Banner will have, and have no idea of Chuks can play LT.  I'd be OK with one question mark, but two is one too many for me.

No debate from me there. Very fair points, but you gamble on some things in this business. Sometimes it pays and sometimes you lose. With a reduced cap and some of the issues, I am almost more willing to blow it up as we talk today based on the play. Later in the offseason, I may change my mind. The landscape will certainly be clearer as well to make a more objective decision.

DDC/Pouncey are good for at least one more year.  Pounce has looked better this year, to be sure, and DDC is still one of the best guards in the league.  Dotson was a surprise for me, and I feel 'better' about maybe losing Feiler with him on board.

I don't think the Steelers get rid of either. My point is that they are in the same class  in my opinion. Both are great players, but on the downward side of their careers. They definitely have a year or maybe two. They both have high veteran salaries as well. I think that Dotson is the future at OG.  I think he would be a better RG than LG. Could I save some cap money and still change the OL culture? Yes. Pouncey and Ben are joined at the hip and that is okay for now. I like to think outside of the box sometimes and I did say, I don't think the Steelers would do it, but could our overall rushing attack be better with a younger OG/C type like I mentioned for less money than DeCastro would make? Today and right at this second, I think so. Frees up some more money for other needs to keep the ship moving in the right direction. 

I 100% think we need to come away with a OT and IOL in the draft, and early.  I like a C prospect from the mold of Dotson, a nasty run blocker first.

Agreed!

I also personally think that CB is a much bigger need... I could see us losing 2 of Hilton/Sutton/Haden.

That is true but tough to see right now where the team is going or what they are doing. Is some other team going to pay Haden close to what e's getting at his age? Would e be able to perhaps sign another good veteran like maybe Patrick Peterson. His value is going to decline in terms of $$$ perhaps. Same with Gilmore coming off an injury. I think Hilton has earned a bigger payday elsewhere. Would Haden be willing to accept a more cap friendly deal to stay? Sutton would be my priority to keep of the three based on age, potential salary, and playing potential/ability. 

As far as RB... i think Benny Snell/AMac will be fine if we can fix the OL.  They are a thunder/lighting deal that I really think can work in the modern NFL. 

I could see that, but.... AMac has potential and it is tough to fully evaluate him without all of the usual off season stuff. he is fast, but seems to struggle at times with NFL game  speed and timing. You are correct, I think he is much better in 2021 if he can have OTA's and everything needed. I see a guy like Etienne as a franchise back. He would do for the Steelers with some OL tweaks what Dobbins did for the Ravens. Snell would be a better change of pace back as well, but he is also not on Connor's level yet either. Our rushing attack and backs lack consistency and not just in the amount of carries, but how they run. They are a part of the problem, not as much as the lack of blocking or commitment to running consistently, but they also have not always made the most of their opportunities. That may be somewhat unfair, but if I can get a Travis Etienne to add, I would do that.

I could see adding someone late or getting a cheap FA for now.  We have to assume that as long as Big Ben is at the helm, we are going to be a throw first team.  I can't see drafting and stashing a RB early.

No doubt, they will be a pass first team typically, but the team could become much more balanced and the offense much more dangerous with a consistent rushing attack. The offense was at its best when it was more balanced. First half of the Titans game was an example of what this team could do with a solid balanced attack and a very good defense.

16 hours ago, kurgan said:

My needs list is:

1-Best OL available 

2-CB

3-Best OL available that is not taken above between IOL/OT.

4-TE (Possibility that we could lose both and there is nothing in the tank but Gentry for development)

5-Edge (I totally buy the idea that we need an Edge, and we can't keep Bud.  Clearly with Marsh being Edge #3, we are not sold on Ola/Elliot)

6-WR (one for the development tank/Juju cover)

7-Another OL

I don't see three rookie OL's helping this team immediately. I think that you would have to go the free agent route as well. You also have to address RB at some point. The rushing game is a deficiency. Connor can't stay healthy. To your argument about me leaving the OT's to Banner and Chuks, I have more confidence in them as starting tackles than I do a rushing attack of Connor, Snell, McFarland and Samuels carrying the rushing load in 2021. I wouldn't mind keeping Connor, but he needs to be RB2. I think he and the team would benefit better. His running style and body is taking a pounding. He can't lead this team for 16 games let alone the potential of 19. With help, he becomes more of an asset. I am not sure how much money he wants or another team would even be willing to pay. We have a lot of complimentary pieces and not the main piece to fuel this rushing attack (Consistently). To steal a great line from the movie GI Jane, "Let's concentrate on the steak as opposed to the peas and carrots." 

1997-a-armes-egales-06.jpg

14 hours ago, DR43 said:

I couldn't argue that much. I might take the CB instead of the IOL at #3, but if they sign a veteran free agent CB, then that would be solid. I certainly have not studied where these players fit, but the boxes are pretty much checked. Solid.

17 hours ago, DR43 said:

FWIW, we are going to have at least 2 comp picks (3 and 6).  Maybe another 7th as well.

I don't like the idea of NOT drafting a CB.

use the extra 3 to get the CB (I would use a higher pick and move IOL to the extra 3rd; or the RB) and the 6th on the TE.

3 hours ago, Steeler Hitman said:

No doubt, they will be a pass first team typically, but the team could become much more balanced and the offense much more dangerous with a consistent rushing attack. The offense was at its best when it was more balanced. First half of the Titans game was an example of what this team could do with a solid balanced attack and a very good defense.

I don't see three rookie OL's helping this team immediately. I think that you would have to go the free agent route as well. You also have to address RB at some point. The rushing game is a deficiency. Connor can't stay healthy. To your argument about me leaving the OT's to Banner and Chuks, I have more confidence in them as starting tackles than I do a rushing attack of Connor, Snell, McFarland and Samuels carrying the rushing load in 2021. I wouldn't mind keeping Connor, but he needs to be RB2. I think he and the team would benefit better. His running style and body is taking a pounding. He can't lead this team for 16 games let alone the potential of 19. With help, he becomes more of an asset. I am not sure how much money he wants or another team would even be willing to pay. We have a lot of complimentary pieces and not the main piece to fuel this rushing attack (Consistently). To steal a great line from the movie GI Jane, "Let's concentrate on the steak as opposed to the peas and carrots." 

1997-a-armes-egales-06.jpg

I think the fundamental difference in what we are saying is how 'we' would 'fix' the rushing attack.

I do agree that franchise RB are hard to find... I am just not willing to use a high draft pick to get one...yet.  I would rather use the resources to get linemen and DBs that we are desperately going to need.  My opinion is that the running game is suffering due to A) playcalling/scheme and B) OL.

Just me... but you can tell the soul of a team in short-yardage situations.  Do you get in 2 TE and run the ball, run read option, or spread out and try to throw.  When we get in short yardage, we go 5 wide and throw.  Our mentality is not to run the ball.  Therefore, I cannot see spending capital on a RB that we will not use.  Not yet.  Maybe after Ben is gone, but not the current version of the Steelers.

So, the line is built to pass block (Villy, Pounce, Chuks are elite pass blockers, meh as earth movers).  Dotson is a pick in the 'right' direction, running wise.  But, IMO, if we are to commit to a run game in the future, we have to turn over the OL before we get the franchise back.

So... let's be honest.  Nothing is going to change in 2021.  Ben makes too much money, etc etc.  I agree that no rookie OL will help in 2021, but neither will a high RB draft pick.  They will get 4-6 carries as we burn a year on the rookie deal while we chase gold with Ben and the boys.

So, in Coach Kurgan's plan, we would take 2-3 OL in 2021 to serve as backups/swing players for guys we will lose.  I don't mind taking another 4-6 round RB to add to the stable of Snell, AMac and yes, even Samuels.  As you said, AMac will be much better with a real offseason.  I wouldn't mind keeping Connor, but I just don't see it.

By 2022, we will have a clearer picture of Ben/salary cap stuff.  I get that we will need a new QB at some point, but we will have the OL ready to go if we transition to a balanced attack.

I think its just a difference in how we would fix the issues.

19 hours ago, AFF said:

@kurgan

Snell is just a JAG and McFarland isn’t dressing wk16 of his rookie year.

Tomlin loves Snell and I know they’re a passing 1st team but if/when Conner leaves, they have to add another body by end of day 2.

I don't think that about Snell at all.  Given committment and a real OL, he could be a great back for us.  In addition, AMac got no offseason or mini-camp.

I'd take another mid-round guy, a low FA guy and keep Samuels around.  Until we show the desire to run the ball and committment to rebuild the OL, our run game is not going to get magically better because we draft a guy in the 2nd round.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kurgan said:

FWIW, we are going to have at least 2 comp picks (3 and 6).  Maybe another 7th as well.

I don't like the idea of NOT drafting a CB.

use the extra 3 to get the CB (I would use a higher pick and move IOL to the extra 3rd; or the RB) and the 6th on the TE.

I think we’re only projected to get a 4th and 6th.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kurgan said:

I think the fundamental difference in what we are saying is how 'we' would 'fix' the rushing attack.

I do agree that franchise RB are hard to find... I am just not willing to use a high draft pick to get one...yet.  I would rather use the resources to get linemen and DBs that we are desperately going to need.  My opinion is that the running game is suffering due to A) playcalling/scheme and B) OL.

Great points. I agree that history has shown that you can find good and great backs other than round one. That has proven to be even more true today with the success of so many non first round backs. If they are the BPA, I say take them regardless of position. At this point, even QB. 

Just me... but you can tell the soul of a team in short-yardage situations.  Do you get in 2 TE and run the ball, run read option, or spread out and try to throw.  When we get in short yardage, we go 5 wide and throw.  Our mentality is not to run the ball.  Therefore, I cannot see spending capital on a RB that we will not use.  Not yet.  Maybe after Ben is gone, but not the current version of the Steelers.

I think it is that way based on personnel and ability. Add the right components and you can change that. I love a high powered offense, but if you can pound the heck out of a team and they can't stop you, you will 1). kill with the TOP 2). Wear down an opposing defense even if or especially if you have a quick strike offense.   The first Ravens game changed after the penalty (or I should say BS penalty) on Cam. The offense then sputtered and the defense was on the field more than half of the first half.  I saw TOP in the Bills game of 56 sec, 1 minute 3 seconds, and 56 sec again.  The ole' offense (1,2,3 kick). I think Ben is even better with a much more balanced attack.  Right now the Steelers are probably 80% and at times 90% pass instead of being at 60%-40% ratio. They don't have to be the old school Cowher or Marty ball style of running 8 of 10 plays, but our weapons (Dionte, Chase, Ju Ju, Washington, & Ebron become much more dangerous with the threat of a rushing attack. I am essentially saying the current version of the Steelers can and probably should change WITH Ben here. That can be done with some off-season adjustments. 

So, the line is built to pass block (Villy, Pounce, Chuks are elite pass blockers, meh as earth movers).  Dotson is a pick in the 'right' direction, running wise.  But, IMO, if we are to commit to a run game in the future, we have to turn over the OL before we get the franchise back.

Agreed. Villy is probably out based on age and salary. Draft a more balanced LT to groom to replace him. I think Banner and Dotson fix the rushing game immediately on the right side. DeCastro and Pouncey are pass blockers and I would move DeCastro to the LG while we draft or sign a decent free agent flex a la Wiz this season that sadly didn't work out because of his injuries and then getting snatched up due to Dotson's success. He could have helped when Pouncey went on the Covid-19 list, etc. This is probably a two year project.  

So... let's be honest.  Nothing is going to change in 2021.  Ben makes too much money, etc etc.  I agree that no rookie OL will help in 2021, but neither will a high RB draft pick.  They will get 4-6 carries as we burn a year on the rookie deal while we chase gold with Ben and the boys.

I think things will change. To what extent, I am not sure. They have to make some changes just to stay competitive. The owner has been stressing run, run, run, I think Mr. Rooney may even get a little more forceful in that message this offseason. Again, it is a benefit not a harsh chore or detriment to this offense. They get the right back and some blocking, he will start getting much more than 4-6 carries. They don't want to throw 50 times for 16 weeks. That's absurd. Although after seeing the stubbornness of our first drive against the Colts, you may be correct. I never thought that much banging your head against the wall could be possible. 🥵

So, in Coach Kurgan's plan, we would take 2-3 OL in 2021 to serve as backups/swing players for guys we will lose.  I don't mind taking another 4-6 round RB to add to the stable of Snell, AMac and yes, even Samuels.  As you said, AMac will be much better with a real offseason.  I wouldn't mind keeping Connor, but I just don't see it.

Depending on who and how the rookie OL's can compete and play, ditto. I would like a veteran as I mentioned for some insurance. As far as Connor, I don't see a huge market for him $$$. I would love to see him as a RB2. He could do for the Steelers what Kareem hunt is doing for the Browns. AMC has a different skillset and would have a set role, but I still see a need for a RB1. We would have lunch or something to talk over the pros and cons to both coach. 😁

By 2022, we will have a clearer picture of Ben/salary cap stuff.  I get that we will need a new QB at some point, but we will have the OL ready to go if we transition to a balanced attack.

Agree 100%

I think its just a difference in how we would fix the issues.

Agreed! Not necessarily a bad thing either. Perhaps some of both of our philosophies would be a great answer. There's a lot of other issues to consider and ponder as well.

I don't think that about Snell at all.  Given commitment and a real OL, he could be a great back for us.  In addition, AMac got no offseason or mini-camp.

I like Benny, but just don't see him as a consistent help to our rushing attack. It is nothing but his style. He seems to get better as the game goes, but also seems to take too long to get going. If they lose Connor, he may do better as the RB2 getting more carries, but he does not have the receiving ability that Connor has either, so we are somewhat limited with him there. AMAC has better hands and speed. He could be a diamond in the rough, but we also need some insurance at RB. 

I'd take another mid-round guy, a low FA guy and keep Samuels around.  Until we show the desire to run the ball and commitment to rebuild the OL, our run game is not going to get magically better because we draft a guy in the 2nd round.

Agreed. I wasn't suggesting a high RB was the only fix. Samuels would be nice if used properly. They should have used him like they did Bell in the passing game. All this talk about running the ball and we haven' even mentioned the FB Watt. Lot of roster spots with backs that the team isn't effectively using. You have to have the RB and the OL working in concert together. We haven't had that consistently since the Bell days and Coach Munchak made a tremendous difference in getting the best out of these guys. I don't see these issues with him here as the OL coach even with our current linemen. This team rarely plays complimentary football. With the defense that they have, and a rushing attack, they would be a pretty hard football team for anyone to beat.