Week 16: Panthers at Football Team

turtle28

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Those handful of games when DJax is 100% w/ Terry opposite him and this DJax on the other side of the ball and certainly more winnable than they’ve been without DJax since we didn’t re-sign him.

Sure, but the problem is that you stunt the growth of anyone else because you would plan to have McLaurin and Jackson on the field and thus give them first team reps. And then you have to deal with the "will he or won't he?" problem every week, thus making it hard to determine your offensive gameplan.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

Over two or more seasons, it is 50/50. If you're talking in a single season, that's only what, a 5% chance?

You guys are clearly not acknowledging my point. 

Would you rather have had Djax or Pryor in 2017?

Would you rather have had Djax or PRich in 2018 & 2019?

1 minute ago, Woz said:

Sure, but the problem is that you stunt the growth of anyone else because you would plan to have McLaurin and Jackson on the field and thus give them first team reps. And then you have to deal with the "will he or won't he?" problem every week, thus making it hard to determine your offensive gameplan.

DJax wouldn’t have stunted Terry growth. No one did even though we had veterans infront of Terry in 2019. 

I just can’t believe this discussion. Gruden actually barely played Terry in the 2019 preseason bc once he saw Terry in Mini-camp he knew he’d be a starter.

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

You guys are clearly not acknowledging my point. 

Would you rather have had Djax or Pryor in 2017?

Would you rather have had Djax or PRich in 2018 & 2019?

Could I choose Garcon over any of those guys in the same stretch?

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

DJax wouldn’t have stunted Terry growth. No one did even though we had veterans infront of Terry in 2019. 

I just can’t believe this discussion. Gruden actually barely played Terry in the 2019 preseason bc once he saw Terry in Mini-camp he knew he’d be a starter.

Wasn't talking about McLaurin, but the other wide receiver that you would need to have develop quickly to account for the fact that Jackson was likely to miss significant time. Guys like Kelvin Harmon and Cam Sims who did suffer because of bums ahead of them.

18 hours ago, Woz said:

Could I choose Garcon over any of those guys in the same stretch?

I guess but Garçon was awful after he left us and then had a neck injury and had to retire while DJax has been the same as he’s always been when DJax could play.

18 hours ago, Woz said:

Wasn't talking about McLaurin, but the other wide receiver that you would need to have develop quickly to account for the fact that Jackson was likely to miss significant time. Guys like Kelvin Harmon and Cam Sims who did suffer because of bums ahead of them.

Didn’t hurt Ryan Grant’s development and I’d say that Kelvin Harmon’s development wasn’t stunted bc when he did get to start last year he was what everyone expected him to be.

I don’t really think Cam Sims development has been stunted by veterans either. It’s pretty clear what the issues with Cam Sims always were and they’re still on full display. He has questionable hands, that’s an issue he’s always had.

On 1/5/2021 at 7:02 PM, turtle28 said:

I guess but Garçon was awful after he left us and then had a neck injury and had to retire while DJax has been the same as he’s always been when DJax could play.

1. Knowing what we knew at the time, I would still take the risk with Garcon.
  2. Just because he got hurt elsewhere doesn't mean he would necessarily get hurt here.

14 hours ago, Woz said:
  1. Knowing what we knew at the time, I would still take the risk with Garcon.
  2. Just because he got hurt elsewhere doesn't mean he would necessarily get hurt here.

Very true but I’d still take DJax. DJax was a more special player, a game changer. Garçon was basically a steady Eddie or just above good WR but not an elite game changer in any way, DJax was. DJax could change the game at any point any time he touches the ball. Those guys don’t grow on trees.