The Dirty Dozen Dynasty league (Discussion thread)

sammymvpknight

18 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

*TRADE* 

@deathstar receives:

QB Deshaun Watson
QB Desmond Ridder
WR Rashod Bateman 
RB Tyjae Spears 
2024 2nd (via BigBear) 

@SaveOurSonics receives:

QB Anthony Richardson 
QB Mac Jones 
WR WanDale Robinson 
RB Chase Brown 
2024 5th

Wow an 8 person plus a pick swap trade..dont see that everyday. Kudos to you both for figuring that out

• Like 1

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Wow an 8 person plus a pick swap trade..dont see that everyday. Kudos to you both for figuring that out

Lots of iterations back & forth haha. 

Just so it doesn’t get lost, I’m still down to trade…

QB Bryce Young 
QB Mac Jones
RB Austin Ekeler 
RB D’Andre Swift 
WR Cooper Kupp
WR Tyler Lockett 
WR WanDale Robinson

45 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I guess you traded for him (albeit a free league), so I’m curious where you’d have Fields ranked in a dynasty start up? 

I just selected him over Lamar Jackson & Trevor Lawrence 👀

I have him below both of those guys in dynasty. I’m irrationally high on Lawrence. Very few guys in the league at any position that I’m taking over him. I’m not the biggest Jackson fan long term, but his floor is so much higher than Fields. But it wouldn’t surprise me on the flip side if Fields is better than all of them this season

4 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I have him below both of those guys in dynasty. I’m irrationally high on Lawrence. Very few guys in the league at any position that I’m taking over him. I’m not the biggest Jackson fan long term, but his floor is so much higher than Fields. But it wouldn’t surprise me on the flip side if Fields is better than all of them this season

Ya I figured the age debate is a toss up between Fields/TLaw, and I think Fields will have the rushing edge over Lamar. 

Definitely the riskiest bet of the three though. 

Wavers

As you may have noticed our waver system change form last year. The current settings only allow us to use the wavers to pk up players No FA's adds. The only fix is to re-set the draft again & add drafted players... @sammymvpknight & I don't feel like re-doing it again.

We will re-visit wavers next year.

Take note: we changed wavers to run every mourning at 3:00am. So you can put in a waver 2 days prior to a game day, if your not successful it will give you one more round of wavers before game day to fill a starting roster spot.

NFL Game days are - Thu, (black Fri), Sat, Sun, Mon. 

Edited by WE-R-Lions

20 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I know this is @SaveOurSonics question but wanted to discuss your response. I think I would have Fields slightly ahead of Lawrence and I easily have Fields over Jackson.  I think T Law is going to be elite and be a top QB but Fields nearly outscored him last year with nothing to throw to and no O line.  Fields didn't get going until week 6 and didnt play week 18 or week 12.  Lawrence had one game where he scored 40 fantasy points barely and Fields had 2 with one being over 50.  His running is such an advantage in fantasy for QBs that I feel it gives a higher floor week to week but also a higher ceiling. Even though I love Law, I think he takes a step forward this year and moves into the top 5 QB debate or higher, I still think Fields outscores him most years in fantasy.  Similar to Hurts, I don't think he is a better QB than Herbert, Lawrence, or Burrow but he likely will outscore them.  

Jackson has MVP upside but he is just fragile.  Maybe with the contract behind him he plays through more pain but he scares me more long term and I just can't risk him over the safer bets or bigger running QBs who are likely more durable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I know this is @SaveOurSonics question but wanted to discuss your response. I think I would have Fields slightly ahead of Lawrence and I easily have Fields over Jackson.  I think T Law is going to be elite and be a top QB but Fields nearly outscored him last year with nothing to throw to and no O line.  Fields didn't get going until week 6 and didnt play week 18 or week 12.  Lawrence had one game where he scored 40 fantasy points barely and Fields had 2 with one being over 50.  His running is such an advantage in fantasy for QBs that I feel it gives a higher floor week to week but also a higher ceiling. Even though I love Law, I think he takes a step forward this year and moves into the top 5 QB debate or higher, I still think Fields outscores him most years in fantasy.  Similar to Hurts, I don't think he is a better QB than Herbert, Lawrence, or Burrow but he likely will outscore them.  

Jackson has MVP upside but he is just fragile.  Maybe with the contract behind him he plays through more pain but he scares me more long term and I just can't risk him over the safer bets or bigger running QBs who are likely more durable. 

Lol I think I just happen to be risk averse in general. Therefore, I’m going to lean toward the guy I think can be a stud for the next 15 seasons. Even if Fieids pans out…that’s highly unlikely to happen based on his playing style. I see Fields as a Jackson like player…and perhaps the younger version is the safer route, but Jackson has also demonstrated decent consistency. There’s still an outside chance that Fields falls flat on his face, and isn’t a starter in three seasons.  That’s close to impossible barring catastrophic injury to Lawrence and Jackson

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Lol I think I just happen to be risk averse in general. Therefore, I’m going to lean toward the guy I think can be a stud for the next 15 seasons. Even if Fieids pans out…that’s highly unlikely to happen based on his playing style. I see Fields as a Jackson like player…and perhaps the younger version is the safer route, but Jackson has also demonstrated decent consistency. There’s still an outside chance that Fields falls flat on his face, and isn’t a starter in three seasons.  That’s close to impossible barring catastrophic injury to Lawrence and Jackson

I agree in real life, and would easily rather have my team have T Law in real life.  But I think the floor for Fields fantasy wise is much higher than Lawrence's floor and the upside is higher because of his running ability.  And in 15 years, who knows how many of these leagues are still going on.  I like to look out a year or two, maybe three in some but I have seen enough leagues fall apart to not try to make decisions on longevity.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I agree in real life, and would easily rather have my team have T Law in real life.  But I think the floor for Fields fantasy wise is much higher than Lawrence's floor and the upside is higher because of his running ability.  And in 15 years, who knows how many of these leagues are still going on.  I like to look out a year or two, maybe three in some but I have seen enough leagues fall apart to not try to make decisions on longevity.  

It is a good point about longevity. Very reasonable strategy to look at things through a short term window. My window is typically a little longer, but your point is valid

• Like 1

I certainly get the ceiling portion, but that floor part doesn’t make sense to me. Fields has a significantly lower floor. There’s a chance the Bears are bad this year and he isn’t even a starter next year. That is a much lower floor to me. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, winitall said:

I certainly get the ceiling portion, but that floor part doesn’t make sense to me. Fields has a significantly lower floor. There’s a chance the Bears are bad this year and he isn’t even a starter next year. That is a much lower floor to me. 

There is very little chance he is not the starter next year.  His floor is about what it was last year with over 1,000 yards rushing and 2,500 passing but I fully expect that passing total to increase now that he has some wide outs and a couple more lineman to give him time to throw.  I think Fields floor is top 7 QB and Lawrence is close to that, but I think having the running ability is just not as dependent on others around you. Fields started slow last year between the rain game and just bad gameplans and he missed a game and still almost outscored Lawrence who was pretty consistent throughout the year.  Fields now with a full year as a starter under his belt likely doesn't start as slow and his PPG will be higher than Lawrence.  

• Like 1

There is very little chance he is not the starter next year.  His floor is about what it was last year with over 1,000 yards rushing and 2,500 passing but I fully expect that passing total to increase now that he has some wide outs and a couple more lineman to give him time to throw.  I think Fields floor is top 7 QB and Lawrence is close to that, but I think having the running ability is just not as dependent on others around you. Fields started slow last year between the rain game and just bad gameplans and he missed a game and still almost outscored Lawrence who was pretty consistent throughout the year.  Fields now with a full year as a starter under his belt likely doesn't start as slow and his PPG will be higher than Lawrence.  

Would you like to trade for Fields? Lol. I think you are one of the few people who are higher on him than me.