The Florida Gators thread

Scalamania

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I feel like I’m watching the Muschamp led offense all over again. This offense is really, really bad - the play calling is bad, the scheme is bad, the execution is bad, the discipline is bad. It’s bad all around. 

Get Napier and more importantly Strickland out of Gainsville ASAP. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@eggybucsfan31 and @Scalamania, you know what burns me up? This program has no f*cking balls. No courage whatsoever. Stricklin knows he screwed the pooch again, but he's going to make us suffer through more Napier to try and save his own skin.

The Seahawks fired Pete Carroll. That guy is still a hell of a football coach, and he has made it clear he wants to continue coaching. If we were smart, we'd back channel to see if Pete was interested in the job. Even if he only coaches four or five years before handing the team to his chosen successor, I guarantee we're in a far better place than the current dumpster fire.

Guy was a dominant college coach and a great NFL HC. He's out there for the taking. Yet, we'll run it back with Below .500 Billy and his Sun Belt staff.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

@eggybucsfan31 and @Scalamania, you know what burns me up? This program has no f*cking balls. No courage whatsoever. Stricklin knows he screwed the pooch again, but he's going to make us suffer through more Napier to try and save his own skin.

The Seahawks fired Pete Carroll. That guy is still a hell of a football coach, and he has made it clear he wants to continue coaching. If we were smart, we'd back channel to see if Pete was interested in the job. Even if he only coaches four or five years before handing the team to his chosen successor, I guarantee we're in a far better place than the current dumpster fire.

Guy was a dominant college coach and a great NFL HC. He's out there for the taking. Yet, we'll run it back with Below .500 Billy and his Sun Belt staff.

SS and ****head Billy are tied at the hip so he’ll unfortunately get another year before they’re both fired sometime next year.

I’m so ready for this whole experiment to be over - Napier clearly wasn’t ready, him and his army of G5 bum coaches can’t be gone soon enough. 

Pete would make us relevant again practically overnight, but we all know it’s a pipe dream. I think our next HC is currently coaching in Arizona (possibly Washington shortly?). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scalamania said:

SS and ****head Billy are tied at the hip so he’ll unfortunately get another year before they’re both fired sometime next year.

I’m so ready for this whole experiment to be over - Napier clearly wasn’t ready, him and his army of G5 bum coaches can’t be gone soon enough. 

Pete would make us relevant again practically overnight, but we all know it’s a pipe dream. I think our next HC is currently coaching in Arizona (possibly Washington shortly?). 

Probably accurate. At least Fisch is a UF alum and has a ballsy offensive style. Tired of boring arse Billy ball.

42 minutes ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

... and Fisch is off to UW (with a likely massive buyout). Great work team! 

Can't wait to have to settle for another G5 guy after going 4-8 because all the good options are gone. 

It’s going to come down to Kiffin or bust and that’s a wild thought. Im going to assume (without seeing Fisch’s buyout) that Jamey Chadwell is the next coach here.