The Florida Gators thread

Scalamania

36 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Seems like Hartman is not in the portal yet - from everything I've gathered it looks like we've at least made contact with Slovis and Leary. @jrry32 have you heard anything?

NIL will play heavily with Leary, but we're talking to him. We're in on some other dudes as well (UCF WR, TE Bell from SC (played HB against us), etc.). There are some other rumors floating out there, but I'm hesitant to mention them because the sources aren't overly reliable (and involve a guy who already burned us). I will note that Okunlola (5* OT) is visiting this weekend. Miami is leading, but we have a shot. NIL is a big factor.

1 hour ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Somewhere "Elite QB developer" Dan Mullen is confused at how elite QB prospects could possibly land at Florida. 

Program-changing player. A five star QB who will be a class leader for us.

10 hours ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Looks like we're losing traction on every single one of our major targets outside Fletcher. So much for those cryptic tweets and all that hype about the "epic" weekend we just had. 

The overall class isn't bad and is one of the better ones in recent memory (not saying much) but unless there's some major surprise at the end the closing is going to be a massive disappointment. 

I'll see what kind of portal work the staff does before I give my final assessment overall. 

On 12/14/2022 at 12:34 PM, Scalamania said:

The overall class isn't bad and is one of the better ones in recent memory (not saying much) but unless there's some major surprise at the end the closing is going to be a massive disappointment. 

I'll see what kind of portal work the staff does before I give my final assessment overall. 

We have some irons in the transfer portal fire. I'm hoping the rumors about us and Michael Pratt are true.

6 hours ago, Scalamania said:

This is the worst offense I’ve watched as a gators fan. If Billy doesn’t hire an OC his tenure here will be short lived. 

Napier needs an OC, but the offense was actually good this year (despite Billy's shortcomings as a play caller). It sucked in the bowl game because Jack Miller is hot garbage. Oregon State sold out to stop the run, dared Miller to beat them, and he couldn't.

Whenever we got into passing downs, they brought heavy blitzes because they knew Miller would panic and try to run. He failed to get the ball out on time or throw with any sort of anticipation. His pocket presence was terrible, and he was very lucky he didn't throw three INTs. It suffices to say that we better be portal hunting for a QB. If Miller plays another down for this program, we're in trouble. It is very clear why he was #3 on the depth chart.

17 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Shocked that Fletcher chose Miami over you guys. They have a huge class coming I know that doesn't mean anything firsthand. 2018's OSU class taught me that. Since most are just going for bags, I'd be surprised if half of them are even there in 2 years

400k for a 4th string RB is not something UF is ever going to do.