The Florida Gators thread

Scalamania

3 hours ago, Scalamania said:

With the way Miami is playing there’s bound to be more - NIL can only get you so far when the product on the field is ****. 

I can use my imagination to what that 4 letter word is and that isn't an accurate description as I feel it's much worse lol.  They're still trying REAL hard to flip a couple of OSU recruits but it's not working out too well as you could imagine

9 hours ago, Scalamania said:

With the way Miami is playing there’s bound to be more - NIL can only get you so far when the product on the field is ****. 

Not sure why he'd flip. Playing QB in Cristobal's offense with nobody in the stands sounds like a dream. 

• Like 1

Team looks very different since half at TAMU. Defense is much better without Brenton Cox. Gotta say that we may just be okay with Kitna. He has looked steady when he has played. Makes the routine plays consistently. AR doesn't do that. (But he obviously isn't able to make the insane, freakish plays AR does.)

Whatever was said at halftime against A&M must've really struck a cord with the team, particuarly on defense. 

I'm beginning to wonder if Cox was really just *that* much of a net negative. Can't be a coincidence that the DL has done a complete 180 since he was dismissed. Princely and Powell have brought more to the table in 2 games than Cox had in damn near 2.5 years. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Mark Fletcher flipping - hear anything @jrry32?

I saw Miami fans saying it was going to happen. Haven't seen UF insiders saying it. He did just visit, and Juluke visited him recently. After the visit, our insiders didn't seem overly optimistic, but the Juluke visit indicated there might be more optimism there than initially thought. I'd wait and see if CBs start flipping. Nothing definitive I'm hearing right now.

On 11/14/2022 at 3:36 AM, eggybucsfan31 said:

Whatever was said at halftime against A&M must've really struck a cord with the team, particuarly on defense. 

I'm beginning to wonder if Cox was really just *that* much of a net negative. Can't be a coincidence that the DL has done a complete 180 since he was dismissed. Princely and Powell have brought more to the table in 2 games than Cox had in damn near 2.5 years. 

Allowing Princely to move to Cox's spot has resulted in Princely breaking out too. Powell is still a bit reckless with gap integrity (then again, so was Cox). But he can get after the QB. The defense is playing a lot better, and I think dumping Cox helped. More sound play upfront. But part of it is also Toney not playing so passively in the secondary. We're playing much tighter and actually getting in the faces of WRs.

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Fletcher has said he's 100% committed but he wants to make sure he's doing things right. Inniss will be in his ear about it also and there's zero question where his loyalty is. Anything is possible but I'd be pretty surprised if it does

Meh I wouldn’t ink him in at this point. All the commits go to the OSU-UM game and sounds like he probably won’t. Has family pushing for some other spots with up front NIL opportunities. I’m not ruling him out but it sounds like OSU staff is on pretty high alert and has felt strung along and has some other backs lined up for next weekends visit weekend. UF or Miami I think are about as possible as him staying. 

17 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Meh I wouldn’t ink him in at this point. All the commits go to the OSU-UM game and sounds like he probably won’t. Has family pushing for some other spots with up front NIL opportunities. I’m not ruling him out but it sounds like OSU staff is on pretty high alert and has felt strung along and has some other backs lined up for next weekends visit weekend. UF or Miami I think are about as possible as him staying. 

He just decommitted so there goes that lol. Definitely right about the family, that's what I've been reading also. Not worried, we'll figure it out