Jump to content

The Florida Gators thread


Scalamania
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 4/23/2022 at 3:13 AM, jrry32 said:

I'll just say that while spring games are spring games, Anthony Richardson's performance was very promising. He got the ball out on time, was generally accurate, and made good decisions.

Biggest upside in college football. Could be in for a huge year next season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

So recruiting is going well ...

Something’s never change - G5 Billy baby. 
 

Just wait until Cormani ends up somewhere else. 

Edited by Scalamania
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

So recruiting is going well ...

It is what it is. We're not throwing around the money that the top players are, no matter what some dishonest sources try to claim. Prepare for disappointment. Tony Mitchell's dad made that quite clear. We're not matching the deals being offered elsewhere. I don't know if our alumni just won't play ball or if the administration won't let us to take the gloves off. Either ways, I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the football. Recruiting is a sideshow that I'd rather just ignore at this point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, jrry32 said:

It is what it is. We're not throwing around the money that the top players are, no matter what some dishonest sources try to claim. Prepare for disappointment. Tony Mitchell's dad made that quite clear. We're not matching the deals being offered elsewhere. I don't know if our alumni just won't play ball or if the administration won't let us to take the gloves off. Either ways, I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the football. Recruiting is a sideshow that I'd rather just ignore at this point.

Is that what this guy is referring to? I don't read it like that but I'm fairly naive to UF's situation.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Is that what this guy is referring to? I don't read it like that but I'm fairly naive to UF's situation.

 

Caspino is a liar. He made accusations about the Gator Collective, only for the people involved with the Gator Collective to point out that they refused to negotiate with him. The Gator Collective is the group that supports current players on the team. They aren't involved with high school recruits.

Caspino wanted to make it seem like Rashada didn't just take the highest offer, when that's exactly what he and his family did. And I don't begrudge the kid for it. But I do begrudge that dishonest hack lawyer for lying about what happened.

Darren Heitner has spent the past month calling out Caspino on Twitter for breaking the rules. I'd bet money that's why Caspino threw this BS out there to try and hurt Florida.

From early June:

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Caspino is a liar. He made accusations about the Gator Collective, only for the people involved with the Gator Collective to point out that they refused to negotiate with him. The Gator Collective is the group that supports current players on the team. They aren't involved with high school recruits.

Caspino wanted to make it seem like Rashada didn't just take the highest offer, when that's exactly what he and his family did. And I don't begrudge the kid for it. But I do begrudge that dishonest hack lawyer for lying about what happened.

Darren Heitner has spent the past month calling out Caspino on Twitter for breaking the rules. I'd bet money that's why Caspino threw this BS out there to try and hurt Florida.

From early June:

 

Appreciate the clarification. Like I said, I am naive to the situation but I had just read that earlier today so I felt the timing was weird lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2022 at 6:17 PM, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Apparently it’s been a great weekend. 

After all the panicking earlier in the summer, things are starting to shape up well. Need the OL class to improve, need to lock down Cormani, and hold on to the guys we have. Look for another Gator commit to drop tomorrow.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

After all the panicking earlier in the summer, things are starting to shape up well. Need the OL class to improve, need to lock down Cormani, and hold on to the guys we have. Look for another Gator commit to drop tomorrow.

BTW, wasn't referring to Will Norman. Pleasant surprise tonight. Look for two more Gator commits to drop tomorrow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...